Rate the last movie you watched

CRACK - great netflix doco on the rise and influence of Crack in the 80's and the devastating effect on the community. Nothing redically new in information, but well put together 6/10*

Bachelorette, way underrated. I saw the IMDB rating (5.7) and did not expect much at all. Possibly helped. I thought it was good. No breasts, but on the whole, wasn't the worst movie I have ever seen. Should have been more nudity for sure. 8/10.

The Hunt 9/10. Great death scenes, predicable, but good action/horror flick. The ending was silly, it is American, so not surprised.

Last edited:
ROCKETMAN (netflix) the Elton John story was done pretty well. Not a huge Elton man but can appreciate his obvious talent and some classic songs. Seemed more like a musical then a straight foward film. ( the breaking out into song every 15 mins was more annoying then appreciated) 6/10 *

PET SEMATARY the re-make of the 80's horror film (No were near as good). Film went totally of kilt near the conclusion and was a huge disappointment. John Lithgow was good, the rest of the cast were forgettable. 4/10*

I watched a few on the weekend.

Taken 2, not as good as the first. 8/10.
Mission Protocol Mission impossible, was okay, 8/10.
End of watch, was really good, would have been 10 if both main actors died. Americans can be way too soft at times. 9/10.
Underbelly Files (Infiltration) worth a look 8/10.
Underbelly files (The man that got away) Can't believe he is still out of jail and not dead? 9/10
Zombie land double tap, required topless scenes and their were none. 8/10

a great re-watch was AMERICAN SNIPER great flick. Bradley Cooper did a fantastic job as Chris, as did Eastwood with the directing. Really makes you think about the returning soldiers after a tour in a war zone. 8/10 * great film

a great re-watch was AMERICAN SNIPER great flick. Bradley Cooper did a fantastic job as Chris, as did Eastwood with the directing. Really makes you think about the returning soldiers after a tour in a war zone. 8/10 * great film
Love Cooper and Eastwood, can't wait to own a copy of this film.

SLENDER MAN - yet another great example of how crap horror is these days. A by the numbers bore fest, with forgettable charecters and a disjointed story line. terrible 2/10*
* would it hurt netflix to get some better horror films ...e.g 80's horror you cant beat it !!!

coming 2 america - 6/10. kinda dodgy. alot of the jokes felt forced. most of the new characters were just annoying. too much focus on girl power. eddie didnt play a big enough part. really seemed like just another run of the mill nostalgia cash-grab. the most i laughed was when they played 'someone to love' and i was remembering when eddie sang it in the first one. classic. but sad that the best part was a memory of mine from the first one...

coming 2 america - 6/10. kinda dodgy. alot of the jokes felt forced. most of the new characters were just annoying. too much focus on girl power. eddie didnt play a big enough part. really seemed like just another run of the mill nostalgia cash-grab. the most i laughed was when they played 'someone to love' and i was remembering when eddie sang it in the first one. classic. but sad that the best part was a memory of mine from the first one...

watching this on the weekend - interesting and hoping not to be disappointed too!

Had a dose of the flu over the weekend so did a little ass kicking marathon:

Blood and Bone - 7/10

Michael Jai White at his best, kicking large amounts of backside.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346631/

Never Back Down - 7/10

Went into this one, once again expecting to see Michael Jai White. Djimon Honsou does a stellar job in this one.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1023111/

Never Back Down - The Beatdown - 7/10

Liked this one the best of the trilogy, paper thin storyline but ass kicking makes up for it and that Michael Jai White frown lol.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1754264/

Never Back Down - No Surrender - 6/10

The addition of a MMA fighter as a lead actor did nothing to storyline but still good boot to backside/chin/ribs etc is still top shelf/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4790268/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Watched Taken 3 yesterday, more of the same, not much new. 8/10.

Jigsaw, I'm a little biased towards the Saws series, absolutely love them. Finally watched Jigsaw. Thought it was decent. A couple of areas made no sense, but the story and the visual horror made up for them. 9/10.
I enjoyed JIGSAW as well, And agree with the SAW series being great. its a series that can be viewed multiple times and enjoyed through out the years.

Aliens, finally watched it, great for it's time, too many flaws. 8/10

The Way of war. I'm not sure what Cuba and J.K Simmons were doing when they read this script. Below average at best, not even worth looking at. Horrible just horrible. 4/10.
till my final breath, i will love Aliens...
James Cameron absolutely nailed this film, the mood setting and non stop action. classic 9.5/10*

till my final breath, i will love Aliens...
James Cameron absolutely nailed this film, the mood setting and non stop action. classic 9.5/10*
Don't get me wrong I like Alien too. I love Cameron, but what really annoyed me was towards the end , everything gets sucked out except Ripley, she can climb the ladder and all, still has time to press the button and close the hatch.

Back
Top Bottom