Rate the last movie you watched

watched 'Bad Ttimes at The El Royale' last night. i really enjoyed it. reminiscent of early tarantino. good story, cool characters, great soundtrack, well shot...8 or 9/10.

and was just reading up on tarantino's new film, coming out later this year (maybe): Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. starring leo and brad pitt, having something to do with (but not centred around) the manson family. QT has said its the closest thing hes done to pulp fiction, which sounds alright after all the exploitaion era homage stuff hes been doing.
I been holding off on this one till I saw some reviews, will check it out.

Holmes & Watson - 5/10. kinda wierd comedy. has some funny moments, but it never finds its feet. was hoping for more.

Benchwarmers 2 - 3/10. wasnt expecting much. the first one was just a bit of fun, but this was terrible.
Glass - 7/10. i liked it. a little obvious, but a cool enough story...
Bigger - 6/10. story of joe weider. ive never heard of him, but he was a big deal in popularising bodybuilding.
The Old Man & The Gun - 6/10. one of the greatest bank robbers and escape artists in modern history, but the movie makes it somehow kinda boring.
Vice - 6/10. a different angle on d!ck cheney's 'reign'. bale does well.

Last edited:
Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald (Part 1) - 5/10

Well I was enjoying this movie and it just ended, hence I put the Part 1 in the title, as the makers should have done.
Where the hell is the rest of it????
Anyone considering watching, maybe wait till the next one (sure hope there is a next one) comes out to finish the story.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4123430/

Bumblebee- 6/10

Usual coming of age story and predictable but in saying that Haliee Steinfield does a great job bringing heart and emotion into it. Definitely a very different take to michael bay's transformer movies and personally one of the better ones of the transformer movies but that does'nt say much.

Shazam! - 6/10. went in blind not knowing anything about the movie. its not bad i guess. more of a kids thing im assuming.
Pet Semetary - 6/10. alright re-telling. nothing fancy tho.
On the Basis of Sex - 7/10. story of ruth bader ginsburg. more interesting than i thought it was gonna be. some classic lines in it.
Captain Marvel - 4/10. i keep watching them, so its my own fault. just another marvel flick.
Hail, Caesar! - 8/10. if you like the cohen bros. youll like this. typical style and story.
The High Plains Drifter - 8/10. as a fan of eastwood westerns, i thought id seen them all, but unbelievably this passed me by. a classic with a twist.
Behind The Curve - 6/10. doco about the flat earth nutters out there. pretty funny.

Last edited:
Avengers: End Game 8/10
for 3+ hours this movie flew by. Slightly predictable but I felt was a very fitting ending for this chapter in the MCU.

Deadwood: The Movie - 6/10. story was pretty good and great to see everyone again, but it couldve done with an entire season. it was a neat resolution, but you cant do a whole new deadwood story in 2 hours. the dialogue seemed off in places aswell, which is why i rated this so low. the actors forgot how to play their parts naturally, which is understandable, but didnt help. overall, a good try, but lacking what the show was best at.
Aladdin - 6/10. went in expecting the worst, but it actually did alright. do away with the girl power ending and ridiculous song about being speechless and it may have even been a 7.
Dumbo - 2/10. had high hopes after aladdin, but this brought me back to reality. dumbo was more of a supporting role than the main character. the story was about the family and crazy circus leader who thought it wasnt enough to have a flying elephant, someone has to ride him aswell. then the audacity to have the pink elephant scene without the drink. add the hollywood ending and this is just utter garbage.

Toy Story 4 - 8/10. nice conclusion (im assuming) to the franchise. the story played out the way it shouldve, so kudos to the writers for that. the only thing i couldnt figure out is why they went all the way to the carnival, seemingly just to sleep and leave again in the morning?
The Dead Dont Die - 2/10. this movie is the closest ive come to rating something a 1/10. as a rule, i dont, so it gets the extra 1 for production value. humor so dry its just not funny. plot that goes nowhere. characters that do nothing. and weird just for the sake of it (AKA pretentious). whatever jarmusch was trying to do, he failed miserably...worst zombie movie EVER.
Stockholm - 6/10. pretty cool account 'based' on the original crime that inspired stockholm syndrome.
Dark Phoenix - 5/10. another average installment, but entertaining enough. takes a big turn from the original story tho.
Brightburn - 7/10. i liked it. something a little different PLUS my favorite movie superhero: 'the crimson bolt' makes an appearance in the credits, so maybe a new 'super' movie.

Summer of 84
In the vain of Stranger Things. This film hits us oldies right in the nostalgic balls. I really enjoyed this 80s style coming of age teenage thriller. It is on Stan, hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 8/10

Chernobyl - TV Mini Series

Based on the actual true story of the biggest ever nuclear disaster in the former USSR. This series sheds some light and perspective on something I only vaguely remember from childhood. I found Chernobyl to be totally captivating, and with a stellar cast lead by Stellan Skarsgård, I think you will too. 9/10

Last edited:
Summer of 84
In the vain of Stranger Things. This film hits us oldies right in the nostalgic balls. I really enjoyed this 80s style coming of age teenage thriller. It is on Stan, hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 8/10

Chernobyl - TV Mini Series

Based on the actual true story of the biggest ever nuclear disaster in the former USSR. This series sheds some light and perspective on something I only vaguely remember from childhood. I found Chernobyl to be totally captivating, and with a stellar cast lead by Stellan Skarsgård, I think you will too. 9/10
I enjoyed the hell out of Chernobyl, damn good show for anyone that hasn't viewed.

Will check out that movie sometime mate, thanks for the recommend.

John Wick, Chapter 3 Parabellum - 9/10

Huge fan of this franchise and for those that enjoyed the first two, this is a must watch.
Rollercoaster ride from start to finish.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6146586/

I enjoyed this too but thought some of the fight
Scenes were too long and drawn out. But that was my only criticism

John Wick 3...

just laughable.

I think this series has detrimental affect on his legacy. However I will state that I really respect all the hands-on real training he and Halle Berry put them selves through to become much experienced gunsmiths to make the action scenes much more authentic.

Back
Top Bottom