Rate the last movie you watched

UK or US? people diss the US one, but its actually very good...

US, i have seen the UK version but must admit it took me 4-5 attempts at watching it before i got use to the comedy and was able to enjoy it more. Havent seen too many people not enjoying the US version once get in to it, first season is a cringe haha

US, i have seen the UK version but must admit it took me 4-5 attempts at watching it before i got use to the comedy and was able to enjoy it more. Havent seen too many people not enjoying the US version once get in to it, first season is a cringe haha
i like both. the US one has a better supporting cast tho. to bring it back to movies, i DONT recommend 'david brent: life one the road'. it makes you appreciate that he only did two seasons.

Make Us Dream - Steven Gerrard Doco/Movie
10/10
Whilst I am a staunch Manchester United supporter, I have always loved Stevie G as long as he's not on the pitch against us!! This is warts and all his story and being a rarity 1 club man you get to see just how much playing for his club, his city and his people took a toll on him and what he sacrificed mentally and physically to be "the one".
I enjoyed the hell out of this, if you love football...put your "team" bias aside and watch this. If you don't enjoy it...you don't love football.
For non football people, it's still a fascinating insight to life at the top of your chosen field.

Make Us Dream - Steven Gerrard Doco/Movie
10/10
Whilst I am a staunch Manchester United supporter, I have always loved Stevie G as long as he's not on the pitch against us!! This is warts and all his story and being a rarity 1 club man you get to see just how much playing for his club, his city and his people took a toll on him and what he sacrificed mentally and physically to be "the one".
I enjoyed the hell out of this, if you love football...put your "team" bias aside and watch this. If you don't enjoy it...you don't love football.
For non football people, it's still a fascinating insight to life at the top of your chosen field.
Will definitely check this out, thanks mate.

Will definitely check this out, thanks mate.
It's not glitzy nor glamorous, it's like it was almost done in a way to show us the reality of being such a high profile player and the drive and occasional despair of how much goes into being the person who carries the hopes and dreams of a city. It has highs but also has the lows and that's what I appreciated about it. It touches on when he considered leaving Anfield and how the fans reacted although must of us know his house was targeted, he received multiple death threats etc this doesn't go into that level of detail and I think that was done purposely so as not to throw sh!t on Liverpool fans which I think says a lot about Gerrard.
If you don't have an Amazon account you can find it in 2 parts on dailymotion

is gerrard still considered a 'one club man'?
Well who else did he play for?
Going to the US for a laugh and pocket money after retirement doesn't qualify.
Scholes played in Indian futsal after retirement and 1 fill in game for Royton Town, you saying that makes him ineligible for 1 club man status too???

Well who else did he play for?
Going to the US for a laugh and pocket money after retirement doesn't qualify.
Scholes played in Indian futsal after retirement and 1 fill in game for Royton Town, you saying that makes him ineligible for 1 club man status too???
well futsall isnt part of a pro football career. same as filling in for a single match for a regional, non-league team while retired.
the MLS is a pro league. the games he played for LA go towards his career totals. so personally, yes. i think it disqualifies him..but thats just my point of view. either way, its no judgement on gerrard. was just asking what you guys thought.

Last edited:
UK or US? people diss the US one, but its actually very good...

100% agree......the first season of the US office (which sort of mirrored the UK version early on) was ok, but once it found its feet I think its far superior and funnier than the UK version. I loved it up until Michael left and they had the different bosses......thats when it lost a bit of steam but overall one of my favourite shows.

Was watching some episodes the other day and they were hilarious!

Johnny English Strikes Again - 6.5/10

Always good to kick back and enjoy a bit of Rowan Atkinson, customary silly laughs but that's exactly what you expect.
Enjoyed !! Oh and Olga Kurylenko is starring, always a plus.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6921996/

I watched this yesterday found it about the same, maybe a 7-7.5 from me.

Usually movies take an age to get into the action and piss fart around but this one was bang straight in to it we go with no real lead up

This is all I could find ... 49 sec trailer on there. Probably not much to go by.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4943998/
yeah, ive seen that, but im not sure i'd call it a trailer...
i looked at some other stuff after GarnettFan4Life mentioned it and im pumped (again). its been talked about for over a decade, so its nice to see it actually happening (for serious this time)...looks like all the oringal cast apart from cy (RIP powers boothe), richardson (RIP whoever plays him) and syllus. so basically everyone important is back. set in 1895 (20 years later) and seems to be about how the characters are adjusting to life after annexation.

Last edited:
Mary Poppins - 6/10. i like emily blunt, but i didnt think she really captured mary poppins. just watch the original.
The Sisters Brothers - 7/10. i dont see this as a comedy on any level at all, but its not a bad western actually.
Aquaman - 4/10. my own fault for watching it. but if youre into the DC films, itll be enjoyable.
Adam Sandler 100% Fresh - 9/10. very well made. sandler couldve been a legend of comedy, if he stopped making movies after happy gilmore. the chris farley tribute pushed this up from an 8 to a 9.
Birdbox - 5/10. an alright movie. a little flaky, but a cool idea.
Creed II - 5/10. drago coming back doesnt make up for the rest of the film unfortunately.

watched 'Bad Times at The El Royale' last night. i really enjoyed it. reminiscent of early tarantino. good story, cool characters, great soundtrack, well shot...8 or 9/10.

and was just reading up on tarantino's new film, coming out later this year (maybe): Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. starring leo and brad pitt, having something to do with (but not centred around) the manson family. QT has said its the closest thing hes done to pulp fiction, which sounds alright after all the exploitaion era homage stuff hes been doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom