Random NBA Flashback....1997/98

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Found this very interesting statistic on wikipedia....

In the NBA season of 1997-98 Bryant "Big Country" Reeves of the Vancouver Grizzlies averaged 16.3 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 1.08 blocked shots per game.

A career best.

During that season, he scored a career-high 41 points against the Boston Celtics.

_1168881_reeves150.jpg

Are these flashbacks gonna be regular occurrences mate?? Time to educate the masses!! lol!!

Big Country was a Big Bust - I think he fells trees in the wild north now!!!

Are these flashbacks gonna be regular occurrences mate?? Time to educate the masses!! lol!!

Big Country was a Big Bust - I think he fells trees in the wild north now!!!

I might have these as a regular occurrence......im researching Montross for my second one.

Cheers
Matt

Im the worlds NUMBER ONE Montross collector!

Give me the fame I deserved!

And make sure you post his rookie year stats. Quite impressive they were. A LOT more than what Grant Hill has done the last few years ;-)

someone needs to do Acie Earl...the guy had back to back 40 point games for the C's at one stage

next thing you knew, he was playing for the sydney kings!

And Bobby Hurley, what ever happened to him, did he die or something?

Almost

http://dukeupdate.com/Legends/hurley.html

Hurley was selected by the Sacramento Kings as the 7th pick in the 1993 NBA Draft. While returning home following a game in December of his rookie season, Hurley's pickup truck was slammed into by a painter named Daniel Wieland. Hurley was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from his truck, and suffered life-threatening injuries. He returned to the NBA for the 1994-1995 season, and played four more years beyond that. After retiring, Hurley went on to become a thoroughbred racehorse owner and breeder.[2] He was also hired as a scout by the Philadelphia 76ers in 2003, and has expressed coaching aspirations.

I think he is trying to get into coaching now though.

A title which only requires you to own 4 Montross cards :D

Sweet! I'm there! I used to half collect him when he started (by collect, I mean I put his cards in a folder with all the 'stars' as I did in the day when I was 11 :lol:) I used to really like Christian Laettner too! But he fell off the rails quite a bit too...

Back
Top Bottom