R.I.P Chuck Daly

cr12330

Banned User
Real Name
Joseph
A Great coach and a good man,

Charles Jerome "Chuck" Daly (July 20, 1930 - May 9, 2009[1]) was an American basketball head coach. He is famous for coaching the Detroit Pistons for nine years, winning consecutive NBA championships in 1989 and 1990, and for coaching the gold medal-winning basketball Dream Team in the 1992 Summer Olympics. During his 14-year NBA career, Daly also coached the Cleveland Cavaliers, New Jersey Nets and Orlando Magic. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame on May 9, 1994.

* Coached the Pistons for nine seasons, making the playoffs in each season.

* Under Daly, the Pistons achieved winning records every season.

* The Pistons won 50 or more games for five consecutive seasons under Daly.

* Daly is Detroit's winningest coach in both regular-season (467 wins) and playoff (71 wins) competition.

* Coached a total of 14 NBA seasons with a 638-437 (.593) career record and 75-51 (.595) career playoff record.

* Coached the Eastern Conference team in the 1990 NBA All-Star Game, winning 130-113.

* The Pistons have retired jersey number 2 (representing the two NBA championships) in Daly's honor.

* Selected as one of the NBA's "Ten Greatest Coaches" of the league's first 50 years, in 1997.

Good Bye and thanks for the memories.

Sad loss for Detroit and the NBA alike. Chuck was always the head of that beast that was the Detroit Bad Boys. We've just lost a hard nosed old school coach. A dying breed and no pun intended...

yeh saw this yesterday... an absolute legend of the game... brilliant nba coach, fabulous college as well plus coach of the original dream team

rip chuck

the one thing that always comes to my mind whenever i think of chuck daly was when he described michael jordan back in the late 80's early 90's:

"The guy is literally embarrassing the league, he's that good"

Back
Top Bottom