Question about Mailing from Australia to USA

Hey Alf, That's not trackable on any website that I know of.

The service I use is this -

img100.jpg

It is trackable at USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)

Well, they say that if its registered its traceable... Paypal always ask for registered receipt and they must have a way of tracking them...

Anyway, I also use the insured one if requested...

img928b.JPG

img928b.JPG

gemini0928: thanks for the additional info. i gather that things must be different depending on where a person is. either that, or the seller i am dealing with just doesn't know (?). you guys have been so helpful and i really thank you all for the responses. i'll remain positive about it and hope for the best!

Ro,
The seller simply does not know. All services are available from all post offices, unless this guy is way out in the outback with miles of desert around him...but if that was the case he wouldn;t be on the internet let alone selling on eBay or dealing cards! The best method is what has been stated by a couple of people a few times :)

nenjabin: yeah, that is what i am guessing too :) ..didnt realize this thread would turn out so interesting, but i am learning a lot, and you aussie guys ;-) are awesome :-D.

in turn could you post up what would be the prices for a seller posting a card from the US to Australia....

as in regular, registered, registered and insured, express postage.....

registered mail can be used when sending a parcel via FIRST CLASS or PRIORITY.

assuming the parcel contains 1 card and about 4 ounces, here are the prices for FIRST CLASS and PRIORITY:

FIRST CLASS: $3.60 (transit time varies)

PRIORITY (international): $22.50 (transit time is 6-10 days)
PRIORITY (international flat-rate envelope): $11.95 (transit time is 6-10 days)

the additional fee for making it REGISTERED mail is listed in this table: DMM 503 Extra Services

other international services available for mailing from the USA to Australia are here: Postage Price Calculator

hope that helps you foolish.

guys let me know if u need any help too and ill do my best to find a good answer.

thanks again everyone.

in turn could you post up what would be the prices for a seller posting a card from the US to Australia....

as in regular, registered, registered and insured, express postage.....

US-Aus:

Regular: $1.07 typically, but can be up to $1.90 or $2.70-$3.30 for Exquisite.
No such thing as Registered + Insured. Can't happen.
Global Priority: ~$11.00
Express: $25.95 + Insurance.

Here's the options:

Regular airmail $2.05 (2-3 weeks) [deliv. confirmation available for $4-5]

Registered letter $9ish (2-3 weeks but you're not supposed to send anything other than documents, it's an offence to send merchandise) - this has a tracking # but it's not 'online' trackable.

International express letter <$10 (but again I think you're not supposed to send other than documents and it's not online trackable)

Insured parcel $16ish (2-3 weeks - not trackable unless you make a claim that it didn't arrive through aus post)

Express Courier International $45ish (5 days, online trackable)

I concur with you. That is all correct, except the Internaional Express letter. The tracking only says that is has been accepted and processed. It will not be tracked to its destination.

For paypal purposes, the only one with Online tracking is Express Courier International ($45) or Internetional Express Parcel ($50).

Why does it cost so much? It is because for the Int Exp Parcel the minimum weight is 2kg, so even if you ship one card (50gm) you get charged for 2kg rate.

You are actually not supposed to send merchendise in Registered letter or Express Letter.

Only recently did they start Registered Packages.

Ersk

I concur with you. That is all correct, except the Internaional Express letter. The tracking only says that is has been accepted and processed. It will not be tracked to its destination.

For paypal purposes, the only one with Online tracking is Express Courier International ($45) or Internetional Express Parcel ($50).

Why does it cost so much? It is because for the Int Exp Parcel the minimum weight is 2kg, so even if you ship one card (50gm) you get charged for 2kg rate.

You are actually not supposed to send merchendise in Registered letter or Express Letter.

Only recently did they start Registered Packages.

Ersk

Correct! Registered packages sent from Australia a only trackable within the country. They a untracable once it leave's our shore's.

Back
Top Bottom