Q & A Thread

Hornso

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Sam
eBay User
hornso43
I thought it might be worth having a thread for simple questions that don't require a thread themselves.

So I'll kick it off. I recently acquired an old Topps Finest card with the Peel & Remove Coating sticker on it. I see a lot on online with this sticker still on. What are the pros & cons of leaving it on/taking it off? Personally I don't like having the text on the card, but if everyone is leaving it on, there must be a reason for it...

If its a card for the PC im probably peeling it! If its something to resell, id probably leave it on.

I can't stand the coating - take it off for sure! If it's going for grading it might affect that - they can't see the proper surface of the card and grade the coating

Is this item being shill bidded up?

Is there any sure way to tell?

For context - the seller has over 10000 feedback and this account bidding has just over 200

sb1.JPG

anyone with a CCD scanner got any tips?

Epson Perfection 1260 scanner - VueScan software - looks really like foggy or misty when scanning

Settings 600 dpi, Restore Colors, Restore fading, Heavy sharpen, Descreen - only difference between these 2 was I changed Color Balance to Auto Levels and Media to Color Text from Auto

Was hoping for better finished product!

kg25jan.jpg
kg25jan3.jpg

Last edited:
Is this item being shill bidded up?

Is there any sure way to tell?

For context - the seller has over 10000 feedback and this account bidding has just over 200

sb1.JPG
Hard to say. Could be a degen?

Maybe he has multiple account with high numbers to look good.

Are any of these sellers' cards for sale multiple times?

anyone with a CCD scanner got any tips?

Epson Perfection 1260 scanner - VueScan software - looks really like foggy or misty when scanning

Settings 600 dpi, Restore Colors, Restore fading, Heavy sharpen, Descreen - only difference between these 2 was I changed Color Balance to Auto Levels and Media to Color Text from Auto

Was hoping for better finished product!

kg25jan.jpg
kg25jan3.jpg
I fiddle with the contrast and saturation, but will admit that i am not happy with my scanner but for $20, it does the job.

Scanned today:

img20230128_15241972.jpg

img20230128_15244219.jpg

Anyone able to show me on Merqary or TCDB which card this is exactly?
AABEA7B4-3322-4CC4-BD53-04028E66D06B.jpeg
2DDB12B4-9439-4D57-8714-CCCAED99F2FB.jpeg

My best guess is the base variation but I didn't think that would be holo/silver?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom