PSA Parent Co. bought out for $930m

Yeah.

I think it's good that times will eventually shorten due to the sheer amount of baseball base cards not getting sent in anymore, but the instant flippers will now think twice about sending to PSA, hence reducing the need for them to hoard product from retail outlets!

I think the flow on effect could ultimately lower prices and demand.
At first I thought it was ridiculous given they are terribly behind etc etc but the more I think about it the more I think it’s probably not a bad thing given people that are new to the hobby are literally sending in base cards of average players to try me make a profit.

if they can ride out the negative press for the next couple of weeks I think it will be a good thing for collectors and also for people that want legit good cards graded

At first I thought it was ridiculous given they are terribly behind etc etc but the more I think about it the more I think it’s probably not a bad thing given people that are new to the hobby are literally sending in base cards of average players to try me make a profit.

if they can ride out the negative press for the next couple of weeks I think it will be a good thing for collectors and also for people that want legit good cards graded
On the other hand, it could increase prices of PSA cards, as now you really need to think twice about sending something in.

Existing PSA's 6-9 could also be underpriced right now, as the price rises might lead to people just buying slabs for cheaper than it costs to send it in (Greedy peeps will still chase 10's).

On the other hand, it could increase prices of PSA cards, as now you really need to think twice about sending something in.

Existing PSA's 6-9 could also be underpriced right now, as the price rises might lead to people just buying slabs for cheaper than it costs to send it in (Greedy peeps will still chase 10's).

Also true..

Can see both sides of the arguments

Guess we need to wait and see how the market reacts.

I sent 100 cards to PSA Subs yesterday before the hike, so i have no idea if i will continue with the hike or just cop the loss and return my cards to me.

No idea atm

i would imagine you will be fine I think a lot of people did that..

I have been buying already graded cards to save me the wait etc of some of the MLB players I wanted me t]TBH I never seem to have much luck with PSA anyway so a bit easier haha

Good luck!

i would imagine you will be fine I think a lot of people did that..

I have been buying already graded cards to save me the wait etc of some of the MLB players I wanted me t]TBH I never seem to have much luck with PSA anyway so a bit easier haha

Good luck!

I only sent it to the middle man, ie nothing submitted, so i am in the price hike category.

100 cards < $499US @ $35-$40 a card + any 10's added to the higher categories...I am going to need to put $5k away for next May when they all return and it's time to pay the piper

I only sent it to the middle man, ie nothing submitted, so i am in the price hike category.

100 cards < $499US @ $35-$40 a card + any 10's added to the higher categories...I am going to need to put $5k away for next May when they all return and it's time to pay the piper
Hopefully you jag a few Mints!!

Interesting updates here

AFF856B7-EB42-4B65-B197-B3B9F4384F61.jpeg

0B70ADD8-9D95-4481-8305-8E275425FAB9.jpeg

FD9B155D-9426-4AFC-ADF2-CD886DB4378D.jpeg

0A1D8DD0-ACFD-480A-B81E-8291BB0CF359.jpeg

4D chess from PSA. This is my theory.

PSA stops taking everything but the top dollar submissions, presumably to clear a 10 million+ card backlog. Not only does this deter the flippers and base card graders that have fucked up PSA, they also get to keep their name attached to the highest end cards still being graded.

Prizm about to drop in one of the most eyes-on moments of the hobby year.

PSA knows people are fiending to grade these cards whatever happens, and presumably saw a further 2 million+ card influx about to head their way as they struggle to clear 10+ million already.

PSA shuts the avenues for these 2 million cards, forcing people to send to PSA's competitors.

PSA's competitors are in no way, shape or form going to be able to handle this influx. BGS shat the bed ages ago, and the others are too small-time.

The market suddenly all see clearly how terrible these other companies are handling things, and yearn for PSA's services to open back up, despite all the bitching and moaning about price rises, delays and shutdowns.

Come July, the market has crossed BGS, SGC and the rest off their grading shopping list. Now we're back to PSA or nothing.

PSA use the next 4 months to clear backlog, scale up and R&D new tech just in time for submissions to open again.

PSA manages to kill off the rest of the grading companies in a Lannister-esque way through drowning them in business.

Genius.

Last edited:
4D chess from PSA. This is my theory.

PSA stops taking everything but the top dollar submissions, presumably to clear a 10 million+ card backlog. Not only does this deter the flippers and base card graders that have f***ed up PSA, they also get to keep their name attached to the highest end cards still being graded.

Prizm about to drop in one of the most eyes-on moments of the hobby year.

PSA knows people are fiending to grade these cards whatever happens, and presumably saw a further 2 million+ card influx about to head their way as they struggle to clear 10+ million already.

PSA shuts the avenues for these 2 million cards, forcing people to send to PSA's competitors.

PSA's competitors are in no way, shape or form going to be able to handle this influx. BGS shat the bed ages ago, and the others are too small-time.

The market suddenly all see clearly how terrible these other companies are handling things, and yearn for PSA's services to open back up, despite all the bitching and moaning about price rises, delays and shutdowns.

Come July, the market has crossed BGS, SGC and the rest off their grading shopping list. Now we're back to PSA or nothing.

PSA use the next 4 months to clear backlog, scale up and R&D new tech just in time for submissions to open again.

PSA manages to kill off the rest of the grading companies in a Lannister-esque way through drowning them in business.

Genius.
4D? This is 1D Chess hahaha

There is not ifs or buts and PSA know this.

PSA are king and that won't change.

Back
Top Bottom