PS3 - AUS n NZ 2K11

sorry to spam this thread, but im having a problem playing mine online. I have a ps3 and im loged into the playstation network and stuff but whenever i go to play ranked league or living rostor it look like it is signing then it sayes logging out of online. Can someone help me?

Sounds great Jim. Bit disappointed I couldn't get in the league but all the best!

Keep checking mate. I'm sure someone will drop out. When there is 30 members there is always a few who either get bored, lose a few games and give up, or just don't like their team.

---------- Post added 20-03-2011 at 04:28 PM ----------

OKAY - I need to find out how this trade got through.

Cavaliers Trade:
Stoudemire (89)
Nelson (75)
Evans (67)
Andersen (58)

Nets Trade
Pierce (83)
Davis (78)
Green (78)
Hamilton (76)

That trade for the Cavaliers, is a gain of +26 rating points. It was an 8 player trade so that kind of masked that fact that it was SO uneven, but even if you split it between each individual trade, that's a difference of just under 7 rating points per player.

How did that go through? That's clearly a lopsided deal. I am even more suspicious now that I see the Cavaliers general manager is Bloods_10, who is also a mod - which means he could have just put through the deal straight away.

Oh and did I mention the GM of the Nets is 0-6.

Anyone care to respond to the trade I criticized??

---------- Post added 20-03-2011 at 10:32 PM ----------

On another note stoked to get a trade through.

EDIT*** - Man I didn't realize the trade that I sent through for Pierce, included Pierce who was involved in the trade I had questioned. Brain error!!!

Keep checking mate. I'm sure someone will drop out. When there is 30 members there is always a few who either get bored, lose a few games and give up, or just don't like their team.

---------- Post added 20-03-2011 at 04:28 PM ----------

OKAY - I need to find out how this trade got through.

Cavaliers Trade:
Stoudemire (89)
Nelson (75)
Evans (67)
Andersen (58)

Nets Trade
Pierce (83)
Davis (78)
Green (78)
Hamilton (76)

That trade for the Cavaliers, is a gain of +26 rating points. It was an 8 player trade so that kind of masked that fact that it was SO uneven, but even if you split it between each individual trade, that's a difference of just under 7 rating points per player.

How did that go through? That's clearly a lopsided deal. I am even more suspicious now that I see the Cavaliers general manager is Bloods_10, who is also a mod - which means he could have just put through the deal straight away.

Oh and did I mention the GM of the Nets is 0-6.

Yeah I must agree with you mate. This is not an even trade my any means. My opinion in a difference of up to 5 in fine but once it gets past that it becomes one sided. In this case it is extreme & needs to be reversed. I did not know about this trade but I will be connecting it. Bloods is not a dishonest player, so I don't think is was done with bad intentions, but I will sort it out.

Yeah I must agree with you mate. This is not an even trade my any means. My opinion in a difference of up to 5 in fine but once it gets past that it becomes one sided. In this case it is extreme & needs to be reversed. I did not know about this trade but I will be connecting it. Bloods is not a dishonest player, so I don't think is was done with bad intentions, but I will sort it out.

I'm interested to see how this will affect things, since then - Pierce, Davis and Hamilton have all been traded again (multiple times for some).

I think 5 is around a guideline, I mean sometimes GMs will give up more to get a player they know they can use well despite his ratings.

E.g. I would give up probably 10 points or so in a two man deal to get a guy like Rudy Gay or someone like that, who I know I am good with.

But I just think 26 points is a bit extreme, especially given the fact that the Nets owner (who is losing those rating points), hasn't won any games in 6 tries - meaning he could easily just be trading away his good players and tanking.

I'm interested to see how this will affect things, since then - Pierce, Davis and Hamilton have all been traded again (multiple times for some).

I think 5 is around a guideline, I mean sometimes GMs will give up more to get a player they know they can use well despite his ratings.

E.g. I would give up probably 10 points or so in a two man deal to get a guy like Rudy Gay or someone like that, who I know I am good with.

But I just think 26 points is a bit extreme, especially given the fact that the Nets owner (who is losing those rating points), hasn't won any games in 6 tries - meaning he could easily just be trading away his good players and tanking.

Yeah it's going to be to tricky to get the exact players put back if they have been traded elsewhere but bottom line is he needs to do a trade back with Nets with the difference of atleast 21 in favour of the Nets user. That will correct it.

As for your other point. There can be special trades up to a difference of 10 where the user giving up point is gaining an All Star for multiple role players.

It will be sorted out very soon.

I got shafted by the autodraft. 5th pick and i finished with D Will and a bunch of scrubs. Traded Shannon Brown and Caron Butler for Brand and Wall so now have D Will playing SG until i can find a suitable trade. Also, been a while since i've had an online game and can't buy a bucket. At halftime against the Nuggets just then i was at 25% shooting :( I need someone who can rebound and also get a shot in.

Lost twice to Nuggets but slowly remembering things. Played a game against Portland and he scored 52 of his 62 in the paint...can see why he drafted Kaman-P.Gasol-Dirk with that sort of a gameplan.

I got shafted by the autodraft. 5th pick and i finished with D Will and a bunch of scrubs. Traded Shannon Brown and Caron Butler for Brand and Wall so now have D Will playing SG until i can find a suitable trade. Also, been a while since i've had an online game and can't buy a bucket. At halftime against the Nuggets just then i was at 25% shooting :( I need someone who can rebound and also get a shot in.

Lost twice to Nuggets but slowly remembering things. Played a game against Portland and he scored 52 of his 62 in the paint...can see why he drafted Kaman-P.Gasol-Dirk with that sort of a gameplan.

52 out of 62 is excessive and not allowed via league rules. You're eligible for a game reset if you message Wiz, Michael.

Also, I'm interested in D-Will but don't think I have enough assets to pull off a trade with you. And I don't want to give up Paul Pierce.

If anyone is gonna be around I'll likely be on in about half an hour for a game. Heaps busy with uni and stuff but keen to get a couple of games played this week.

---------- Post added 22-03-2011 at 06:17 PM ----------

Wow ALFY the Portland guy really is a horrible opponent. I gave him negative feedback and judging by his feedback he has about 5 other negs just in the recent plays as well.

He can have the "win" because he won it "fair and square" but honestly just a terrible opponent and bad to play.

He just winds down the shot-clock and then runs around with his point guard waiting for his big men to make automated cuts. Then he passes it inside. I chucked a 2-3 zone on the entire game so because of that he got some open jump shots out of it and knocked it down. But the same play every single time repeatedly forcing it. The guy is horrible to play.

I could barely score because I was so frustrated the whole game. He's one of those guys who you play, who will make you on edge, because you're just so annoyed about his playing style. Absolute bull****.

---------- Post added 22-03-2011 at 06:38 PM ----------

In fact I wouldn't mind if the guy was booted. Heck, nobody is going to enjoy playing him - I can tell you that without hesitation. By right I should've stopped the game after the 2nd quarter because I had a feeling it might end out this way - but seeing as I hadn't got a game for ages and there was nobody else to play, I figured I'd just continue.

He's also a stat padder. As in he'll score his first 30 points all in the paint to try and get a lead. Then when he has the lead he'll try and shoot some jumpers to make his PIP less. Not surprising the current game he's in 10/13 of his first points are PIP.

---------- Post added 22-03-2011 at 06:53 PM ----------

Actually if this is the definition of cheesing, and it's not allowed - maybe I should apply for a reset.

"Cheeseing- To INTENTIONALLY play UNREALISTIC and or ABUSIVE to the games core mechanic and real life counter part for the one benefit.

There are many things that fall into categories of cheese, and alot of them are opinions. But anytime someone intentionally breaks the game down to exploit it, takes skill and or timing out of the game, or just plain out MOCKS what the sport is in real life, thats cheese."

yeah you will find thats the reason i left , way to many cheeseing , never been in a league like it lol

You should re-join man.

By right we should be weeding out the cheesers and keeping the good players. It's not fair that good players leave because of cheesers.

---------- Post added 22-03-2011 at 08:52 PM ----------

Also forgot to add. Wasn't just his style that annoyed me. There was constant lag and it kept going to the black screen. So anytime I tried to get back in the game and started making some progress: "Waiting for opponent (35) (34)" etc etc. Rubbish opponent.

---------- Post added 22-03-2011 at 09:42 PM ----------

Also also - if people are looking to join this league, 4 users have already abandoned their teams...

Im up for a team. Don't care who i just love playing. Not a Cheeser, im just crap ha ha.

You guys that want to join the league. Send my a friend request on the PS3 and I'll put you in the AUS n NZ league. My PS3 username is wiz1983

---------- Post added 22-03-2011 at 11:45 PM ----------

yeah you will find thats the reason i left , way to many cheeseing , never been in a league like it lol

Rejoin steppy... I will remove cheesers from the league before I loose good users to that crap.

Pretty darn happy with my team to be honest from 30th pick :D Flying along at 9-2. Got bloody lucky against Jimbo in my 1st game and followed that up with a win on the buzzer against Detroit. Likely won't make a trade all season cause my guys simply arn't what anyone is really after :lol:

---------- Post added 23-03-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

Wiz, if you need an extra Admin, I'm always happy to and I'm on quite regularly too.

---------- Post added 23-03-2011 at 12:31 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Played the first game of the season. Ben was the only one online so gave him a crack (although I anticipated losing, and would rather have played an easier opponent to begin with).

Man, as has lately always been the case (apart from the first time I played 2K10 online and Ben flogged me) it was an absolute thriller.

I went on a run late but he was hot from trey the whole game, and hit the game-winner with Aaron Afflalo with 0.6 left on the ticker.

Final score 85-84.

Honestly I feel a bit jipped, feel like I worked harder for my points! But what can you do against a lights out shooter. Definitely this league's version of the Orlando Magic in real life. However sliders on jump-shots do need to be changed, for about 85% of the game we just traded shots because we couldn't miss.

Was a thriller ey! And yes, I think we both agreed throughout that the sliders were rather unrealistic in that game...I can't remember the shooting percentages, but I know very little missed. Whether the sliders are like that or harder though, I am and always have been a shooter. Sometimes can be very easy to stop me because of it, other times I get on a role. Just worked to get my guys open while trying to stop your paint barrage, so basically it was same old same old between us mate! :lol:

Man you went on a sweet run late to get up 7, mainly due to DeRozan down on the baseline each time down and I had to bring the double or suffer! When it was 54secs left and 7 down I was like...man this is tough. But open trey for Afflalo with 46secs left. Didn't foul, got the ball back, got a little lucky with Deng for 3 on the break, but then you didn't really close him out either. So was 1 point with 13secs left! 2 fouls and 3 seconds later, Landry had the chance to seal the game, but missed the 2nd FT! Whipped it up court and got damn lucky with Afflalo again for 3 to steal it. Probably 1 of the most exhilarating wins I have had on 2k! Can understand the jibbed feeling you had though. Was hoping for an easier match up for the 1st game of the season also!

If it makes you feel better though, my 2nd game, also on that same night, me and Detroit were close most of the game, but I managed to hit a 3 with Mo to be up 1 with 14 secs left. He came down, Lebron went to the hole, and the shot was rimming out but I got jump happy and grabbed the rebound called for a goaltend! He was up 1 with 1.5secs left! Time out, down the other end, ran Mo into the clear and jacked up the shot which went down for the win! And while it would have been great even as a 2pt shot (and actually better since Mo is 84 rated from Mid range and 74 from 3pt) it happened to be a 3 also. But didn't matter, was just trying to get open. So I sort of stole both my 1st 2 wins... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom