Postage help with U.S seller

Magicman

Banned User
Real Name
Kyle Redenbach
eBay User
hotshot1717
Hey guys i won a couple of auctoins yesterday on the bay and i got an invoice quoting me $10US postage for 13 cards.

The seller asked if i knew a cheaper way for him to send the cards to me.

Is there a cheaper way, thanks guys

i won a 22 card lot and paid $7US standard international flat rate shipping

try asking him that

OMG WHAT IS IT WITH THESE ASS CLOWNS.

Won 4 cards from a seller and he wants $15 US for shipping. Fuk i cant stand their shit anymore im gettin sick of em tryin to rip people off im takin this guy on fuk him!

claims i should have read his postage rates $6 for first card and save on more.

only $3 extra per card, god he seems like hes saving me heaps. Seriously $3 extra per card is just plain wrong. He wants to neg if i dont pay, and apparently i have to learn how to read his postal fees. wat a cock!

Im with you magic, its fuckin attrocious what some ebayers charge for shipping, there should be some regulations and fixed prices when it comes to shipping otherwise these dicks just charge whatever they feel like.

To be fair though, if the postage cost was in plain view on the auction page, and you still bid, then id have to say your in the wrong on this one. i dont see you winning this one, just be wary of inflated postage costs in the future. if the postage was unclear however, fuckin go for their throat! :twisted:

I had a guy try to do that to me once. I won an auction for 0.99c on a David Lee Rookie Card, and he wanted $15.99 for shipping! I said "I know for a fact that shipping does not cost me that much, I've had cards sent to me from the U.S. for $3, so I suggest you revise your shipping total." Still haven't heard back from him, and it was almost 2 months ago now.

I've also had a good story though. I bought a VC Rookie Card and I was being charged $10 for shipping. I said the same basic thing, that shipping is much cheaper than what I have been charged. I got an email back saying she had quoted me an incorrect price, some business/freight thing had been ticked when it shouldn't have, and she charged me $3 for shipping.

There are some good people out there (and definitely some bad ones!)

Keep in mind the reason you win some of the cards so cheap is because of those inflated postage prices....that is where they are making their money. This is also a way to avoid Ebay Final Value fees.
I'm not saying it's right...but it does pay to read the details.

I won an auction and got a bargain for 1 card... Believe it or not he sent me an invoice with the shipping as $US16. Then I said that's not right. He said that it was what the shipping calculator was giving him. Then I told him that I normally pay between $3-$4 only. So he told me that I pay $16 first and then he'll re-imburse me later after he's personally been to the post office. He re-imburse me US$12.25 a couple of days later.

It's another way to make money if you bump up the postage. So If you read their description properly and you still bid then it means you accepted their terms...

I had this response from a seller today over four emails justifying his $8US he charged me for a $2 mailer worth of postage. He refunded me some money though as I expected global at least for that. I got the card cheap so I'm not complaining too much. Got a whole $3 back :)

we do well and shipping is going up next week, $6 basic plus insurance...USPS is raising prices and overhead is going up, we do better with less customers in lower price categories, you got a real good deal, you should be appreciative of that....but I understanbd your concern, we will be raising our shipping 1/10./06, please be advised..our service is great that is what customers really want..bargain shipping is just a crap shoot...

mailers are 75 cents, bubble is $19.50 a roll, my shipping clerk gets $8 US per hour and that is net...you have to understand, we are service oriented, not price oriented, you got a good deal, that is fine but our shipping rates will be:

$3.00 handling
$3.00 for basic shipping costs plus insurance $1.30 over $100 US or $12 global priorit mail..thank you for your understanding, it will be stated in terms section...

One last thing, you paid $5.40..I paid $2.60 to USPS and $2.80 barely covers overhead when you factor our labor expense, if we sold cards graded by PSA($6 per card) at the price you paid, we would be out of business, but respectfully I hope that there is no hard feeling, refund will be sent now...happy new year

but my point is, why charge people extra when they dont state it, like if he had of said $3 extra for each card then i would have backed off, i still find this pathetic im takin this sucker down.

I was bitten big time once after not checking postage costs first.....NEVER BID ON ANYTHING BEFORE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING TO BE PAYING FOR POSTAGE.If there is a card that is ending soon and i dont know the postage price i would rarther give it a miss than get ripped off by some fuckin tool that deliberatly doesnt include postage costs so he can slug you $15 to send a fuckin peice of cardboard.

KILL EM ALL I SAY!

I THINK IT HAS HAPPENED TO MOST OF US ON EBAY BEFORE. :?

I HATE SNEAKY PEOPLE WHO PROFIT FROM POSTAGE - THE ONES WHO DON'T QUOTE A PRICE IN THEIR AUCTIONS HOPING TO GET SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T ASK AND THEN CHARGE WHATEVER THEY FEEL :twisted: :evil:

JUST PART OF EBAY I GUESS

I'm with you Magic!

I'm pissed at people in the US charging shitloads for postage!
I just had an argument with a guy about 5 cards I won. Would have cost $3-$4 including a bubble mailer. He charges me $11.95! I said, that's not right, I would like a USPS Airmail postage price, he said, no, that's the flat rate economy price!
After going back and forth, he says that he has to drive to the post office, and all this other bullshit, that's why the cost is $11.95, then says I shouldn't have bid unless I accepted the auction terms. He had "Will ship to Worldwide" without a price, but his US price was only $2.95, so I figured it would be cool. This guy has 100% positive feedback too! with over 350 positives!
In the end, he didn't want to jepardise his feedback and just said he would relist it all.

There's some pricks out there!

damn straight...another is to pay it, when the package comes with 2.00 written on it, but you paid $10, file a paypal complaint. So threatened to leave a big neg...normally works in getting a little back...

like I normally say "hey its cost you postage 2 bucks, the mailer was $1, and Im cool to add a little more for your fees etc, so lets say 5.00...you charged me 10...gimme 5 buck or cop a neg.

right on Trey. I won a smallcard lot (for US$8) just recently and the seller asked me US$8 after I won it. He didn't reply when I asked before the auction ended. Bloody hell, I'd rather cop a negative than pay $8 for shipping. I told him I'm fine with $5, but $8 is too much.. so I asked for a refund if I see the actual postage is less than $8. Otherwise, as Trey did, I'm taking it to Paypal as well.

This is war! OzCardTraders! I call upon every eBay seller here to change their postage cost to the US to $10aussie! LETS DO IT! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom