Post your eBay, PWCC, Goldin or COMC bargains here!

I had a maximum bid amount in for a lot more than this and was amazed when I got the notification I’d won it for this!

Obsidian has been growing on me - I’ve got the Gold at SMC and got this back from PSA the other day

IMG_1497.jpeg

COMC seems to have got rid of the annoying CAPTCHA letters and released an app which is ok looking - i thought something was going on as the site was soooooo laggy on the ipad trying to zoom in on cards and flip etc - now looks all fixed - great

COMC seems to have got rid of the annoying CAPTCHA letters and released an app which is ok looking - i thought something was going on as the site was soooooo laggy on the ipad trying to zoom in on cards and flip etc - now looks all fixed - great
Yes very annoying. Mostly got the capture first go but it's just another field to fill in and if you don't get it first time it's another field to fill in. They'll have to give their 180K a year computer programmers something else to do.

Have you ever used the comc grading feature? I'd be mildly tempted to try it....if I could inspect my card properly, lol.

I

Yes very annoying. Mostly got the capture first go but it's just another field to fill in and if you don't get it first time it's another field to fill in. They'll have to give their 180K a year computer programmers something else to do.

Have you ever used the comc grading feature? I'd be mildly tempted to try it....if I could inspect my card properly, lol.

I

Yeah I wouldn’t use it unless there was HD scans, the usual pics are trash and you couldn’t gauge any kind of condition from them!

Has anyone bid on their eBay auctions? Seems like just about every card is being shilled :cry:

The ones I want anyways lol :lol:
My experience is if it's a low end card it seems to go for a fair bit less than the lowest listing - especially if there's not a ton of them on the site. I did two auctions of cards on comc that really blew up in my face and I got half of what I would have got had I just listed them and waited a few weeks. I actually like going in comc auctions as a buyer, though. If it's a $6 card and someone unwisely auctions it then generally you can get it for $4~.

I'm sure there's plenty of shilling going on with middle to higher end stuff. Lots of the completed sales I see on 130 point are clearly bogus(both auctions and best offer accepted). The prices are generally 30% higher than most comps are fake sales rather than shilled ones it still shows how desperate people are to prop up the floor.

My experience is if it's a low end card it seems to go for a fair bit less than the lowest listing - especially if there's not a ton of them on the site. I did two auctions of cards on comc that really blew up in my face and I got half of what I would have got had I just listed them and waited a few weeks. I actually like going in comc auctions as a buyer, though. If it's a $6 card and someone unwisely auctions it then generally you can get it for $4~.

I'm sure there's plenty of shilling going on with middle to higher end stuff. Lots of the completed sales I see on 130 point are clearly bogus(both auctions and best offer accepted). The prices are generally 30% higher than most comps are fake sales rather than shilled ones it still shows how desperate people are to prop up the floor.

Looking back, its about half and half for me with their auctions. On a few occasions when I've been too busy to snipe, I just put in my highest bid and move on, and more often then not, there would be a single bidder with like 98% activity and 1000+ bids with them, driving the price up. It's the nature of the beast I suppose

Back
Top Bottom