Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
2 part Post...

1.)
What are your thoughts on the way the NBA now enters teams into the Playoffs.

No longer is it the best teams in the East/West Conferences.

It's now that the 1st place holder in each DIVISION is granted the top 3, THEN it's the next best teams...

Example:
Western Conference (and same for Eastern Conference)
1st - 1st Overall (Southwest)
2nd - Next best record in different Division (Pacific)
3rd - Again - next best record in different Division (Northwest)
4th - Next best record overall
5th - ditto
6th - ditto
7th - ditto
8th - ditto

Was just looking how the Mavs are doing. Currently tied with Spurs for best Western Conference record, but are seeded 4th due to the other 1st placers in the Pacific & Northwest Divisions, if Mavs got 1 up on the Spurs, in the overall, they would be 1st Seed, and Spurs would be 4th.

This would suck for me as a fan, considering if they entered Playoffs tomorrow, Mavs would face Clippers, instead of Lakers or Hornetts.

2.)
What is the most disappointing Team at the moment.
Celts, Knicks, Raptors, Bulls, Jazz, T'Wolves, Sonics, Blazers, Warriors, Kings, Rockets.

All these teams are CURRENTLY out of the Playoffs.

rockets are most disapointing for me personally as a fan, but with the injuries they've had this season, who can blame them for not making the playoffs?

knicks, bulls, and warriors are disapointing cos they have the potential to make the playoffs. itl be interesting to see how ricky pans out with the twolves.

2.)
What is the most disappointing Team at the moment.

id say celts but they always suck
knicks ditto
rapters have been doing ok
wolves well have been doing what they did last year. not much

id say biggest has to be rockets with tmac and yao out so much they havent had a good time of it

spurs west champ
pistons east champ

i'd have to say the sonics, wizards and kings have been somewhat disappointing so far. none of those teams are very different from last year, and only the kings have dealt with multiple injuries

I only bought this up now, cos I was reading an Email from a couple of guys who write for the Dallas Morning News (I subscribe to an email where people ask them questions about the Mavs' situatios, etc).

They were saying that right now, if teams entered the playoffs would you be happy with your team.

Most definately a killer this year has been injuries.

Compare the Kings, Rockets & Jazz all to last year, all bean hurt with injuries. But are starting to make a comeback on the rebound.

Another question...

Do you think the Lakers will make the Playoffs. If so, how far will they go??

MavsMan© said:
Do you think the Lakers will make the Playoffs. If so, how far will they go??

hmm tough one, theyre 7th in the west at the moment, so its likely they may just scrape in of the back of kobe, almost def. a 1st round exit though id say, unless they run up against a crap team like memphis or something and kobe scores 50ppg (which is very likely).

Back
Top Bottom