Player with the worst signature

Speaking of changing sigs, I collected all three IPs myself in the space of about 6 months.

20210317_074334.jpg

Cameron Smith gets a lot of knockers and I've never understood it. I've been at Storm events where he's been 30 minutes+ late on stage because he's refused to stop signing autographs and taking photos with fans - especially the kids.

The same could always be said about Slater, Cronk and Hoffman. These guys always understood that they needed to build that relationship with fans, especially down here, in order to grow the game.

I remember the fan day in 2013 where we'd just reclaimed the premiership and world club challenge trophies and the MC had to hassle them onto the stage because they were all spread out signing and posing for photos.

Champions. That's what made them greats, every bit as much as what they achieved on field, it was their attitudes off it.

Cameron Smith gets a lot of knockers and I've never understood it. I've been at Storm events where he's been 30 minutes+ late on stage because he's refused to stop signing autographs and taking photos with fans - especially the kids.

The same could always be said about Slater, Cronk and Hoffman. These guys always understood that they needed to build that relationship with fans, especially down here, in order to grow the game.

I remember the fan day in 2013 where we'd just reclaimed the premiership and world club challenge trophies and the MC had to hassle them onto the stage because they were all spread out signing and posing for photos.

Champions. That's what made them greats, every bit as much as what they achieved on field, it was their attitudes off it.

I have to say that at games at Penrith when the Storm have played, Smith was always the last back into the sheds (signing autos for kids and old guys) and then after that he would still be signing as he was leaving for the bus.

He certainly looked after anyone wanting an auto or selfie!

Speaking of changing sigs, I collected all three IPs myself in the space of about 6 months.

20210317_074334.jpg
To be fair he’s had more name changes then prince . Been Bj , Joseph , Joey and whatever else he’s been . He’s also gonna be the reason the tigers lose a few games judging by last weeks brain explosions. Great when he’s on , but reminds me of Gallen the early part of his career.

Let’s hope there not all like this . Would be easier to note the things that are good with it then bad .
6F3E89D6-F11C-4BE9-9EE1-11BECAA43757.png

they need to be flooded by complaints over the quality control of this release’s sigs. This is their worst one yet, even if it is the machine rollers that have caused the damage
I agree , but will be pointless unfortunately. If they haven’t rectified it after the last few years I dont see anything changing until select get the contract back .

I have full team signed jerseys from Souths fan days 2006-2012 and literally can’t tell most of the squiggles.

Just on Cam Smith…
After a test match at SFS, 2014z Cam literally walked a full lap, starting just next to us but missing us and did the full lap to come back to us 20 mins later. Then he apologised he took so long as we were the last ones. The man is a god to me.

Last edited:
I also couldn't say a bad thing about Smith.

Years back ( 2009 ish) the Central Coast was their feeder area for the Storm and they had an open training session (which was great to watch and is whole other story in itself) the players sat at a line of tables after showering and the queue was long for signings. There were Melbourne storm tragics and greedy IP hunters galore, my son and his mates joined the queue about 5 times being from Gen Z with the attention span of a dead fish they kept leaving to kick the footy .

Smith noticed this and towards the end of the session (with People still shoving their 20th item in front of him), he got up from the table grabbed Slater and came over to the boys had a quick game with them signed all their cards, gave them team posters - (signed) and had a chat. During this time all the other player had boarded the bus and were now giving him the hurry up (which he was ignoring) somehow Isreal Folau's name come up in the conversation and my son was showing him the card, Smith said hang on went and got Folau off the bus to say hello and sign the card for him.

Above and beyond what he needed to do and from all reports this was always the case.

For St George that person from my experience was Jamie Soward he would always seem to be the last to leave fan days, hanging around to play touch with the kids or playing knee tackles. Giving away his head gear after games. Certainly not the nicest sig pretty consistent and IMO actually improved through the years:

Soward.png

As for bad sigs its hard to beat Cam McInnes although at least his is consistently bad:

Mcinnes.png

The worst signer though from my opinion was Nightingale who it seemed never really wanted to be there on fan days and gave some horrible scribbles to destroy cards.

Not his worst example below but shows the variation on his good v bad days:

Nightingale.png

Cheers
Ross

Years back ( 2009 ish) the Central Coast was their feeder area for the Storm and they had an open training session (which was great to watch and is whole other story in itself) the players sat at a line of tables after showering and the queue was long for signings. There were Melbourne storm tragics and greedy IP hunters galore, my son and his mates joined the queue about 5 times being from Gen Z with the attention span of a dead fish they kept leaving to kick the footy .

Smith noticed this and towards the end of the session (with People still shoving their 20th item in front of him), he got up from the table grabbed Slater and came over to the boys had a quick game with them signed all their cards, gave them team posters - (signed) and had a chat. During this time all the other player had boarded the bus and were now giving him the hurry up (which he was ignoring) somehow Isreal Folau's name come up in the conversation and my son was showing him the card, Smith said hang on went and got Folau off the bus to say hello and sign the card for him.

Above and beyond what he needed to do and from all reports this was always the case.

For St George that person from my experience was Jamie Soward he would always seem to be the last to leave fan days, hanging around to play touch with the kids or playing knee tackles. Giving away his head gear after games. Certainly not the nicest sig pretty consistent and IMO actually improved through the years:

Soward.png

As for bad sigs its hard to beat Cam McInnes although at least his is consistently bad:

Mcinnes.png

The worst signer though from my opinion was Nightingale who it seemed never really wanted to be there on fan days and gave some horrible scribbles to destroy cards.

Nightingale.png

Cheers
Ross
Wonderfull story.Had a similar experience back in the day.It was the 2004 world sevens,most of the dragon,s players would not go out of there way to sign autographs,but then one player could not do enough do sign everything that was put in front of him,plus getting this photo for me.What a wonderfull moment for me,and a great ambassador for rugby league.
16295094841107908010468191450911.jpg

Soward.png

Mcinnes.png

Nightingale.png

Cheers
Ross
I've seen the same from him, Slater, Cronk and Hoffman back in the day. They would go out of their way for the fans, especially the kids. Bellamy is the same. And the Bromwich boys are like this now. It's great that they understand this is what's needed in a non NRL market and don't just phone it in.

Also, haven't seen it personally, but I've heard nothing bit good things about Addo-Carr and fan interraction.

Back
Top Bottom