Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
In the spirit of the Team of the Decade poll I've come up with another debate starter and I think the winner of this poll may be a little less obvious than the Team of the Decade thread.

There are a few things to consider here....impact on games, helping/improving your team to winning seasons, MVP's, playoff performances, titles etc.

Unlucky to miss my list were Howard, Melo, Yao, Paul, Kidd and McGrady

If I miss anyone off the poll feel free to add your comments!!

Well Tim Duncan has been in the top 10 for mvp voting every single year of his career!!
He's lead a successfull team to many championships and his A game is almost impossible to stop. The guys a beast.

Still don't get how Luke Walton didn't make the list...

I could only put so many Lakers players on the list without looking biased!!:worthy:;)

How can LBJ & Wade be on the list, they've only been around 5 seasons???

Michael Jordan only played 6 full seasons in the 90's, yet you'd still call him the player of the 90's wouldn't you??:blink:

I could only put so many Lakers players on the list without looking biased!!:worthy:;)

Michael Jordan only played 6 full seasons in the 90's, yet you'd still call him the player of the 90's wouldn't you??:blink:

Great call, all you need to is have played in that decade and achieve more than the others, how many season shouldn't matter.

Jason Kidd really should make the list - because if you make an All-Decade Starting 5 spanning from around 1999 to now, Jason Kidd should probably be the starting point guard.

Shaq would get it for me if the time period was longer, because from 1992-1998 he was really dominant too, so the timing doesn't really work for him even though he won 3 rings in the time and won 3 Finals MVP's.

Kobe, hmm he's up there.

Tim Duncan has to be up there probably the best, got his MVP's, Finals MVP's, 3 rings as well.

In my opinion Tracy Mcgrady has to be borderline there, I mean after Lebron and Kobe he's arguably the best SG/SF of the era.

I'll go with Tim Duncan. Kobe is great but he won 3 rings and no finals MVP's with them, so if I was going to go with a Lakers player it would be Shaq.

Tim Duncan for me.

Jason Kidd really should make the list - because if you make an All-Decade Starting 5 spanning from around 1999 to now, Jason Kidd should probably be the starting point guard.

Shaq would get it for me if the time period was longer, because from 1992-1998 he was really dominant too, so the timing doesn't really work for him even though he won 3 rings in the time and won 3 Finals MVP's.

Kobe, hmm he's up there.

Tim Duncan has to be up there probably the best, got his MVP's, Finals MVP's, 3 rings as well.

In my opinion Tracy Mcgrady has to be borderline there, I mean after Lebron and Kobe he's arguably the best SG/SF of the era.

I'll go with Tim Duncan. Kobe is great but he won 3 rings and no finals MVP's with them, so if I was going to go with a Lakers player it would be Shaq.

Tim Duncan for me.

Jimbo...Shaq won 4 rings didn't he??? (or don't you count the Miami one??);)

Jimbo...Shaq won 4 rings didn't he??? (or don't you count the Miami one??);)

Yeah sorry mate forgot.

Can some people please justify why Kobe is the player of the decade for them?

I understand that he's been iconic and probably the best scorer of the decade, but is he really THE PLAYER of the generation?

He was on 3 championship teams, 3 of which he wasn't the best player on.

He won one MVP Award a couple of All-Star MVP's and a few scoring titles.

But that's it, others had arguably better accomplishments during this time..

Namely Tim Duncan and Shaquille O'Neal.

Yeah sorry mate forgot.

Can some people please justify why Kobe is the player of the decade for them?

I understand that he's been iconic and probably the best scorer of the decade, but is he really THE PLAYER of the generation?

He was on 3 championship teams, 3 of which he wasn't the best player on.

He won one MVP Award a couple of All-Star MVP's and a few scoring titles.

But that's it, others had arguably better accomplishments during this time..

Namely Tim Duncan and Shaquille O'Neal.

Put simply, No. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom