Player In Focus cards 2022

AJ it was:

TLAWW2202002PIFRound12RabbitohsV1.jpg

TLA have done a great job with the PIF’s this year. I love how the background isn’t blurred, a real throwback to the old days of Scanlens

Agreed. Absolutely love them this year. The background isn't deliberately blurry, it's just out of focus because of the player that is IN focus (PIF). The pics totally compliment the concept - finally!

Next step would be a kick-a** retro set. 1 logo/checklist card. 13 players per team with the best player pictured for each position (17 to include "reserves"). Pics as per the current PIF standard. And NO F&^$#$@ inserts!

Agreed. Absolutely love them this year. The background isn't deliberately blurry, it's just out of focus because of the player that is IN focus (PIF). The pics totally compliment the concept - finally!

Next step would be a kick-a** retro set. 1 logo/checklist card. 13 players per team with the best player pictured for each position (17 to include "reserves"). Pics as per the current PIF standard. And NO F&^$#$@ inserts!
I think we can all agree that despite TLA’s improvement across the years or the ‘two steps forward, one step back approach’ as I like to call it, they leave so much out.

I am sure there are all sorts of intricate governances and rules applied by the NRL (look how they apply the rules of the game) but the reality is the themes are endless, sometimes less is more and retro rules !!

I think we can all agree that despite TLA’s improvement across the years or the ‘two steps forward, one step back approach’ as I like to call it, they leave so much out.

I am sure there are all sorts of intricate governances and rules applied by the NRL (look how they apply the rules of the game) but the reality is the themes are endless, sometimes less is more and retro rules !!

Would love a retro style set or even a set where imagery is the focus of the card...... I love these Topps Stadium Club Baseball cards for their imagery:

1655182091587.png

1655182165154.png

Or even these Hoops Courtside with full bleed images.

1655182244246.png

Now imagine the images you could get from NRL........ wingers scoring acrobatic tries....... goal kickers etc...... or just really good images from games. Think GI doing the Goanna or Thurston being mobbed after his GF field goal.

Anyway, this years PIF are great looking cards!

RE - Alex Johnson Rd 12

I got #s 64, 65, 66.

If anyone has #2 and in the unlikeliest of events they would like to trade for one of mine, lmk.

Back
Top Bottom