Phoenix-San Antonio Playoffs Series

Who Will win this series, and what will the scoreline be?

• Phoenix 4-0

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Phoenix 4-1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phoenix 4-2

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Phoenix 4-3

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • San Antonio 4-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio 4-1

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • San Antonio 4-2

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • San Antonio 4-3

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
What a great match, Diaw & Horry will be suspended for game 5 in my eyes, But Amare should be safe as we was about to be subbed on.

Game 5 will be a bloodbath, and thank the lord that Fox is showing it on thursday!!

The Suns shook their pretender tag today, let's hope their growth into champions continues at home in game 5

Horry is gone, maybe for more than 1, it was a stupid and dangerous foul.

Diaw and Stoudemire are gone as well; i cant see Amare getting off because he was about to sub on; he jumped on the court and had to held back; unless your Paul Shirley or Mark Pope, no assistant coach is going to hold you back from subbing on.

It was disappointing from a Spurs fan perspective to lose a game after controlling it after so long, but the Suns played really well, and Parker went a touch crazy at the end, trying to score every shot rather pass it around.

F**king ESPN missed about 30secs out of the last 2mins of gaem time by showing ads, bloody idiots. Showing it on THursday tho, so im happy

Yeah the idiots were showing ads when the flagrant and brawl was happening..I wonder if they can correct that on the evening replay

suns take it to the spurs on their home court, impressive stuff. :thumbsup:

this series is really heating up and both sides are starting to show some feeling, which is awesome. reminds me a bit of the early 90s battles between the bulls/knicks.

thats not to say a blatant foul like horry's should be acceptable. that shit is dangerous and unsportsmenlike and deserves at least a one game ban. i hope crap like that just continues to fuel the suns fire though. back to home court next game, it will be one of the all time great playoff games, ive just got a feeling...seems like the series is building to a big climax.

game 5 is going to be the best game to watch, I was supposed to be painting the house on thursday so maybe I may have to delay it for a bit!!

I saw a bit of the action last night, and at first it looked like an un-orthadox "blocking" foul.

When they showed the other angle, you could easily see that he put his elbow up and pushed off on Nash.

It's really not acceptable.

Didnt see who had actually left the bench tho, but you know what they're like in the Playoffs, leave that bench, and you're suspended.

Mavs got copped with a few suspensions last year....

I saw a bit of the action last night, and at first it looked like an un-orthadox "blocking" foul.

When they showed the other angle, you could easily see that he put his elbow up and pushed off on Nash.

It's really not acceptable.

Didnt see who had actually left the bench tho, but you know what they're like in the Playoffs, leave that bench, and you're suspended.

Nash was very good about it after the game; the guy has class, but geez, as a 2x MVP, Nash deserves to be hugged or simply touched rather than bumped out of court. I remember some Rookie beating the pulp out of some star (Iverson, Bryant or Duncan from memory) and being lambasted by Bill Walton; even tho Horry has 6 rings and has been playing for 15 years, he deserves the same lambasting.

Its a pity the ruling is so iron clad that Diaw and Amare get suspended; but thats the rules and they know that. Its a pity tho, I would have been happy to watch Amare and Duncan battle it out again.

nash is a champion on and off the court.. but that has nothing to do with what im about to say..

horry has been clutch over his career, normally true pro, his worth to the teams he's been apart of is priceless.. but this has to be his biggest clutch play yet, only seconds left in the game, he takes out nash, but he also takes out Diaw/Amare in the same play.. that's the biggest play he's ever made leading into a game 5.. damn he's good.. though he's dirty, but he's done his job.. the spurs would be wrapt with the result.. horry out 2, amare/boris out 1.. nice...

i don't condone it, but he's done well outta it..

NBA Suspends Horry Two Games, Stoudemire, Diaw One Game
15th May, 2007 - 7:17 pm
RealGM -
Robert Horry of the San Antonio Spurs has been suspended two games without pay and Amaré Stoudemire and Boris Diaw of
the Phoenix Suns have each been suspended one game without pay for their actions in last night's game, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.

Horry has been suspended for flagrantly fouling Phoenix’s Steve Nash and striking Raja Bell above the shoulders with a forearm. Stoudemire and Diaw have been suspended for leaving “the immediate vicinity of their bench" during an altercation. The incident occurred with :18 remaining
in the fourth period of the Suns' 104-98 win over the Spurs last night at AT&T Center.

Horry will serve his suspension sitting out Games 5 and 6 of the Spurs-Suns Western Conference Semifinal series, while Stoudemire and Diaw will miss Game 5 tomorrow night at US Airways Center in Phoenix.

Suns Say Spurs Left Bench Earlier
15th May, 2007 - 10:35 pm
Arizona Republic -
Phoenix is alerting league officials about a play in which Spurs players Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen left the bench during the second quarter of Monday's Game 4.

San Antonio center Francisco Elson dunked less than three minutes into the third quarter and hung on the rim and Suns swingman James Jones unknowingly walked under him, causing Elson to crash to the floor. On the play, Duncan popped off the bench and moved inside the three-point line. Bowen follows him to his side before pulling on his arm back to the bench.

It is a subtle violation, but the Suns are arguing that those players would be just as susceptible to the letter of the league law as Stoudemire and Diaw were in leaving the bench after Horry's flagrant foul with 18 seconds to go.

With Nash knocked into the scorer's table, Diaw quickly darted off the bench first before Stoudemire also came as he removed a towel from his shoulder and moved past the coaches until assistant coach Marc Iavaroni pulled him back.

Boo freakin hoo suns.. they've quickly become the dwyane wade of the league, but more public.. though wouldn't that be an interesting game, no bowen/duncan/amare/diaw/horry.. ha..

you've got a game 5 to win phoenix, be a bit more professional and worry about that, and let your game do the talking. YOUR 2 WINS AWAY.. so shutup!

Its an interesting case; if you follow the letter of the law, anybody whom steps on the court who is not currently played should be suspended. It will be interesting to see what happens...

I am so ****ing disapointed with that decision. complete bullshit, this series is really starting to feel like some conspiracy against the suns...they have to put up with the opposition's dirty fouls, and then deal with suspensions for the same thing the spurs do that gets off scott free.

some powerful people must really have a vested interest in seeing the spurs win another title. this series will most probably go the spurs way now, all because of a bullshit ruling. way to give the fans what they want Stern, theres no way this decision is good for the league. pivotal game 5 and you take away one teams star player, over a laughable infringement. hope the suns can find a way to win somehow, but really theyl be playing with one arm tied behind their back. who doesnt see Duncan dropping 40/20/5 tomorrow??? :mad:

Looks like Matrix & Thomas have stepped up as predicted.
Unfortunately, Barbosa & Bell are playing like potatoes.

TD is really keeping the Spurs in this game, I wonder how it'll end....

9 mins left, Suns up by 4.....

well this has turned out to be quite a controversal series. spurs can knock the suns out with a win next game. im backing the suns to win the championship though.

Back
Top Bottom