Perfect example of why not to trust no-name grading companies

hairyangryfella

Tag Team Quads 93/94
Real Name
Graeme
Personally, if I was looking at a high $$ card graded it would have to be by BGS. Possibly PSA. I would suggest never to go elsewhere and here's a good example -

Lebron James Ultra Platinum Medallion Rookie - eBay (item 270529165898 end time Feb-16-10 18:45:53 PST)

Graded by GMA Grading company (who?) with description that it is a legitimate card. However, thankfully the seller has been honest and put:
This card came frome the Fleer bankruptcy auction and is not serialized
meaning that it is basically worth hardly anything compared to the proper card, which the grading company would have you believe it is...

Re: Perfect example of why not to trust most grading companies

Can you stop co0mplaining about everything, every post you make you complain, you sound like my old man.

That and your warning is not very well informed when SGC is a world leader in high end card grading and what a crappy GMA card has to do with PSA or any other legit card grading co I don't know? This hardly means grading is wrong or not trustworthy.

End of your rant me thinks as 'most' is just the wrong wording for your argument here.

I've heard of SGC not doing well with certain cards in the past, yes they are reputable but I (this being my personal opinion, which I am entitled to) would personally only choose BGS. And seriously this is not a 'rant' as the entire theme was to think twice before buying anything from a random low-level grading company, not that 'grading is wrong'.... jeez....

---------- Post added 11-02-2010 at 07:22 PM ----------

And actually since there are hundreds of little no-name grading companies compared to the actual trusted few, I would say that 'most' does actually apply...

Well your thread title goes against what you just posted and for your info in my years in the hobby and dealing with graded cards which I deal in being vintage BGS is the least reliable and trustworthy of the BIG 3 grading co's of PSA, SGC and BGS. SGC and PSA dominate the high end part of the hobby and here I mean high end of over $5000US cards/sets.

Sure you can have your opinion but your thread is misleading to say the best. People have to do their homework and the forum is here to educate collectors. GMA, GEM etc etc come up time and time again as companies that actually lower the value of cards and can't be relied on and hopefully if we shout it enough collectors here wont get burnt.

Yeah I can see your point I cant comment on SGC or other Grading companies cause Iv never heard of them, but if I was going to get any graded cards I think I would only sick to PSA, just like the look of them better than BGS!

GMA, GEM etc etc come up time and time again as companies that actually lower the value of cards and can't be relied on and hopefully if we shout it enough collectors here wont get burnt.

Fine, title changed, but that is the point I'm trying to make - only trust the big reputable companies unless you are willing to take a big risk...

Man I hate bgs with there pristine gem mint 10 thing. Just another way to make a few more dollars if you ask me. That and they are so full of themselves when it comes to vintage stuff.

Back
Top Bottom