Paypal scammer need help!!!

He sends a $1000 card with a $6 postage service....LMFAO

Who does that?
No-one selling a card worth that much is going to send it with a service that can't be tracked, RED FLAG

Can some-one screen shot those links, can't figure out how to screen shot, Google lied lol

gold.JPG

stars.JPG

Why the heck would you NOT go through Ebay with this purchase? Looks to me like you've sent the guy money, and not for a specific purchase.
According to PayPal, you've paid on a request for money. That's it!!

I feel bad for you man, but you've done yourself no favours by making payment this way. It's kind of like sending money to "family or friends" as payment for a card to a total stranger on the other side of the world. Since it's not a transaction for "goods" you're not completing an appropriate paper trail with a specified sale and invoice.

I hope that you can get a reasonable outcome, but it's going to be hard to prove what the payment was for.

Why the heck would you NOT go through Ebay with this purchase? Looks to me like you've sent the guy money, and not for a specific purchase.
According to PayPal, you've paid on a request for money. That's it!!

I feel bad for you man, but you've done yourself no favours by making payment this way. It's kind of like sending money to "family or friends" as payment for a card to a total stranger on the other side of the world. Since it's not a transaction for "goods" you're not completing an appropriate paper trail with a specified sale and invoice.

I hope that you can get a reasonable outcome, but it's going to be hard to prove what the payment was for.

I buy and sell cards like this all the time, in fact 80% of what I buy or sell is done this way.

What's wrong with it?

As long as you have a description of what it is your buying/selling with TERMS OF SALE you're covered by paypal.

I've had 2/560 sales/purchases have issues and both times I got my money back FASTER than ebay.

70% of high end cards are bought and sold this way.

At least that's how it is in the MJ market.

Yeah I seen the beckett value and thought so. Not saying it was a definite indicator of a scam but sometimes it is like people want a quick grab for money so they do something like that. It sucks. I hope it was just a mix up

just out of interest - is $1000 the price they normally go for or is that considered a bargain?

They have dropped of in value from 2 years ago, use to go over $2k now you can get them $1400-$2000 but $1000 is still below the normal value so it was a bargain (just too good to be true it seems..lol)

I buy and sell cards like this all the time, in fact 80% of what I buy or sell is done this way.

What's wrong with it?

As long as you have a description of what it is your buying/selling with TERMS OF SALE you're covered by paypal.

I've had 2/560 sales/purchases have issues and both times I got my money back FASTER than ebay.

70% of high end cards are bought and sold this way.

At least that's how it is in the MJ market.

I've never done it before that I can remember, is paying a request for money/funds any different? Still same coverage etc? It's not like you lose buyer protection is it?

Yeah I seen the beckett value and thought so. Not saying it was a definite indicator of a scam but sometimes it is like people want a quick grab for money so they do something like that. It sucks. I hope it was just a mix up

He had it listed at $1350 and had no bidders, so I guess he thought $1000 direct would be ok, the funny thing is, I've bought and sold to the seller before so it's strange he'd try and scam someone now out of the blue. The $6 postage is the giveaway...

I've never done it before that I can remember, is paying a request for money/funds any different? Still same coverage etc? It's not like you lose buyer protection is it?

Same as ebay. just without ebay in the middle...

The most important thing is to have TERMS OF SALE, so if there is an issue you have something that is legally binding( a contract ) to fall back on.

But a gift is a gift and if sh!t hits the fans your outa luck.

Invoice + TERMS OF SALE = Protected.
Gift = Trust, with no chance of money back.

Where's your terms of sale?

Someone asks you to pay them some money for no reason, and you pay them with a description of the card you're HOPING to buy?

GL with it, but looks like you've not covered yourself properly to me.

Ivoice of $???????
Discription of what is bought ?????

Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom