Paypal - Limted access?

BrownKing

OzCardTrader
Real Name
JB
Hey guys, so everytime I log into paypal I get directed to this page which says update your information. Anyway, I've ignored this page for god knows how long as it always provided me with the remind me later option.

Now, I tried to withdraw money from my paypal account and put it into my linked bank account, I was unable to as my account has limited access? I'm able to recieved money just not transfer it.

Now I read what I had to do, and sent some photos of the front and back of my drivers lisense and a centrelink form to confirm my adress.

Has this happened to anyone before? Just wondering if I've done it right and how long I'll have to wait to have full access again :(

Regards BK

Ooooh, I might be totally wrong here, but have you spoken to anyone personally on the phone? Sending your Licences and centrelink details along with your address pretty much discloses your whole identity...

Name, address, date of birth, Photo ID, etc, etc, etc....

It's not an email i received its actually through PayPal on their website it's been there for a while. I didn't use PayPal for a yet or so I rekn so that's why it would have come up. Having said that I'm a tad nervous now.

i have had to do that before and had the same thoughts but it allowed me to take my cash out and i havent had any worries since

so is it cool that i just sent photos of my id and photos of a letter? i dont need to scan them do i?

not to sure i think i scanned them in but you can also go to post office im pretty sure

It's not an email i received its actually through PayPal on their website it's been there for a while. I didn't use PayPal for a yet or so I rekn so that's why it would have come up. Having said that I'm a tad nervous now.

Sorry man, but your english/grammar here has lost me all together.

So you're saying you log on to PayPal, and we redirected? Do you have the URL for the page that you are redirected to? Wondering if it's a Phishing link, or worse (key logger, etc), which is after your information.

I'd have rung them up by now mate, that way you will know for sure if they do in fact need your personal info.

Basically, as I login a page appears and Im redirected from the page where its loading to log me in. This is what it says.

We need more information from you

Just like a bank, we need to confirm the information you've given us. Please provide the requested information as soon as possible to ensure you can continue to use your PayPal account.
Click Resolution Centre to see the steps you’ll need to complete. If no steps are currently listed, please check back in 24 hours.
icon_alert_16wx16h.gif
Until we can confirm the information you've given us, we need to limit most of the functionality on your account. For now, you can continue to receive payments but you won't be able to withdraw funds or make payments.

You have 41 days to provide this information. If we don't hear from you by then, we'll need to restrict your PayPal accountIf your account is restricted, you won't be able to send, transfer or receive funds..
If your account is restricted, you won't be able to send, transfer or receive funds.
You can update your information in our Resolution Centre.
Update NowRemind me later
Ive actually sent an email and they replied so all seems pretty legit to me.

this has never happened to me and i dont understand why they would need to do this. you should already have confirmed your identity throught there 2 deposits they put in your account when you first sign in and when you confirmed you email address. does your account say its been verified?

i wouldn't go sending out copies of anything mate until you get on the phone with a person from paypal and ask some questions into why you have been asked to do this? are you using bank accounts/credit cards under your name or is it of someone else(not saying stolen) but someone else in your family?

Get on the phone before you scan and send!!!!

this has never happened to me before and i agree it does sound shifty to me, i would call paypal and ask why they need this information. With all the scams and scumbags you can never be too careful

Yeah I've been there myself a couple of years ago in the middle of a case share here, so heaps of random gift payments, plus payments from 2 ebay accounts, they tied up a couple grand until I sent them a copy of my drivers license and electricity bill and then still took 48-72 hours to unfreeze it, but during that time they would still allow payments in!!!

They are a law unto themselves. They can just hold your money as long as they like it seems. They can seize it too. Ever since I verified I can send instant payments from my bank account or card (bank account used to be e-cheques prior to doing so) and withdrawls into my bank account take 24-48hrs at the most when before that they sometimes took 5 days.

I think they just single out random people and hope they are suspicious and cant provide the documentation in the hope they can keep your money, sucks but paypal is a necessary evil

I have had that coming up for a while now when I log into Paypal but have been ignoring it. It seems all above board but don't all the good scams.

Is a scam - Paypal would not ask for that information

Want to bet on that??? It sounds like Brown knows the difference between the secure site and a phishing site, plus it has happened to me and other members on here before, but go on ring them :D

it is not a scam

this has happened to me twice as I spend so much money on paypal (don't ask how much lol. lets jsut say the history log is too big to downlaod in one chunck for the year).

I have sent them passport id before but I blacked out everything except my name and picture.

I told them if they want me to continue using their services this is the best I will offer and under no circumstances will I give you my full passport details. Once I uplaoded the info I rang them up to tell them that.

Mind you who knows what their answer would be now.

Back
Top Bottom