Panini Prestige question

Prestige Premium have a refractor/rainbow foil background on the card, Prestige Plus has a silver/metallic foil on the background of the card, normal/base Prestige does not have any foil applied to the back of the card. Hope that makes sense! In most photos of the cards you can tell Prestige Plus because the background isn't as clearly visible because the silver foil comes up dark in photos/scans.

Prestige Premium have a refractor/rainbow foil background on the card, Prestige Plus has a silver/metallic foil on the background of the card, normal/base Prestige does not have any foil applied to the back of the card. Hope that makes sense! In most photos of the cards you can tell Prestige Plus because the background isn't as clearly visible because the silver foil comes up dark in photos/scans.
Excellent, thanks for the clear description. That had me stumped.

I think its the amount of foil on the card.

I've been pondering the same problem, I took a look on ComC at the same cards across the three sets Prestige, Prestige Plus and Prestige Premium and there is nothing on the back of the card that says which set it is from, I've compared the Kyrie Irving \ Mark Price Connections in Prestige and Prestige Plus and I've compared the Kyrie Irving Base #17 in Prestige and Prestige Premium and in every case the backs of the cards are identical and the image on the front of the cards are identical with the exception of foil \ refractor coloration.

It's also hard to tell the difference from scans to photo's sometimes and a lot of people list the wrong product on ebay.

As mentioned above, it's easiest to tell by the foil finish, but also the card stock is thicker on the premium cards.

For what it's worth, i've found the Premium cards have been the easiest to locate, while the base prestige set is the hardest to find parallels for.

Here's an example of the three cards side by side - base/Plus/Premium (cards 2/3/4 left to right). In almost every instance, if the background image is remotely difficult to make out it will be the Plus version.

Prestige Mix.JPG

Here's an example of the three cards side by side - base/Plus/Premium (cards 2/3/4 left to right). In almost every instance, if the background image is remotely difficult to make out it will be the Plus version.

Prestige Mix.JPG

Nice cards
Are they the same thickness?

Back
Top Bottom