When it comes to Panini America’s wildly popular Optichrome printing technology, there is no shortage of successful products utilizing the alluring finish for their own unique benefit: Prizm does its thing. Optic does its thing. Select does its thing. Spectra does its thing. But there’s an Optichrome evolution coming . . . and it’s called “Obsidian.” The newest innovation delivers what the product solicitation material bills as “an eruption of sharp, edgy and contemporary designs.”
What it also delivers is something dubbed “Electric Etch” that presents the game’s best veteran superstars and hottest rookies as you’ve rarely seen them. Set to hit hobby shops across North America in late November, each hobby box of 2018 Obsidian Football (seven cards per box, 12 boxes per case) will deliver, on average, four autograph or memorabilia cards, two Electric Etch parallels or inserts and one base card — all numbered to 100 or less.
To be sure, 2018 Obsidian Football is a bold new arrival in the Panini America portfolio and it’s filled with highlights, including . . .
- Rookie Jersey Autographs and Rookie Jersey Ink showcasing the 2018 NFL Rookie Class in stunning Optichrome fashion, all sequentially numbered to 100 or less.
- The NFL’s most electric current and retired stars are featured in the dynamic Matrix Material Autographs, Aurora Autographs and Lightning Strike inserts. Find the likes of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, Joe Montana and more.
- Sleek die-cut designs come alive in Rookie Eruption, Cutting Edge and Galaxy Gear; also look for the rare, one-per-case Vitreous chase.
- A 200-card base set (including 100 rookies) numbered to 100 and featuring Electric Etch Purple (numbered to 75), Electric Etch Orange (numbered to 50), Electric Etch Green (numbered to 25), Electric Etch Yellow (numbered to 10), Electric Etch Red (numbered to five) and Electric Etch White Finite 1/1 parallels.
- The product’s Rookie Jersey Autographs set features base versions numbered to 100 or less as well as Electric Etch Orange (numbered to 50), Electric Etch Green (numbered to 25), Electric Etch Yellow (numbered to 10), Electric Etch Red (numbered to five) and Electric Etch White Finite 1/1 parallels.
Visit the official online store of Panini America to shop for your favorite Panini America basketball products.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.