Orlando Magic Season Chat (18-24, Stevie 22-10-10 = Triple Double!!)

Magicman

Banned User
Real Name
Kyle Redenbach
eBay User
hotshot1717
Ok here it goes, all of us Magic fans can talk bout our performances in here, throughout the season, the more we have the merrier. so come in and make your voice heard!!!

Heres a recap of our season opener!!

Pacers Top Magic in Artest’s Return

Orlando 78, Indiana 90

ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 2 (Ticker) -- In his long-anticipated return, Ron Artest made the difference for the Indiana Pacers.

In his first game in nearly a year, Artest scored 11 of his 16 points in the third quarter, helping the Pacers to a methodical 90-78 victory over the Orlando Magic in the season opener for both teams.

An All-Star in 2004, the mercurial Artest was averaging better than 24 points per game last season when he stormed into the seats at The Palace of Auburn Hills on Nov. 19 and began fighting with fans he believed threw a beverage at him.

The ensuing brawl devolved into one of the ugliest incidents in NBA history and led to a 75-game suspension for Artest, the longest non-drug ban in league annals.

"After missing (75) games, it really showed," Artest said. "The good thing about it was we stuck in there and kept grinding away. In practice I got a chance to compete hard and get back into rhythm. Right now is like another step ... another level. I have to continue."

In 40 minutes, Artest made 4-of-14 shots and 6-of-9 free throws, adding five assists in a somewhat modest performance. He was just 1-of-7 in the first half but did some damage in the third quarter, helping Indiana take control for good.

Artest capped a 10-0 run with a three-point play and 3-pointer, giving the Pacers a 68-57 lead with with 3:14 left in the third quarter. Moments later, he answered a 3-pointer by Hedo Turkoglu with one of his own, keeping the lead at double digits.

"(Artest) didn't shoot the ball great, but he made some really important plays at key times," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "That 3-point shot he hit was big. He played a quality game, even though his stats weren't sparkling."

Indiana led by at least six points throughout the fourth quarter, when Artest sank three free throws and let All-Star Jermaine O'Neal do most of the work.

O'Neal finished with 19 points and Austin Croshere added 16 for the Pacers, whose starting frontcourt held a 51-30 scoring advantage.

"It's going to take some time for us to really get comfortable with Ron being back," O'Neal said. "I don't really see it being a long transition period. The only way we aren't playing in June is if we don't play together."

"They asserted O'Neal and Artest ... and that really hurt us," Magic guard Steve Francis said. "We made some crucial mistakes late in the game and their veterans stepped up."

Francis had 15 points, nine rebounds and seven assists to pace Orlando, which could not come up with a win in coach Brian Hill's return to the sidelines. In his first stint with the Magic, Hill guided them to the 1995 Finals.

"In the second half, we just made a lot of mistakes that fed Indiana's offense," Hill said. "Basically we became more of a jump-shot team in the second half. We have some execution mistakes that we have to clean up."

Get used to losing, Magic's. I feel its gonna be another long season, despite our youngsters. Why the hell didn't we draft Granger?????

Stupid management. Vasquez better be the next Gasol!!!

Yeh i think im a agree with ya there Clarkey, poor management. Will cost in the long run i think, the sooner we get some experienced heads in our office the quicker our success will come on the court.

I still wonder why we drafted that hack Vacques or watever his name is. Nate Robinson is the one we missed i beleive.

0-3. Fantastic start!!!!

Was talking to a friend over the weekend, and he mentioned Maggette, and it got me thinking of all the talent we gave away over the years (especially late draft picks)!!

oh clarkey the list goes on and on lol....

Ben Wallace and Billups are just a few more.

i think we lack a scorer someone who can go hot form the field, if you look at our 1st 3 games, not one player has gone hot from the field

Magic somehow remind me of the Fremantle Dockers! Gotten rid of talent after talent, at least they don't pay through the nose to get them back!

Will be putting Magic Vs Cavs on DVD later this month.

Yeah, I'll be watching. I'll probably be watching Gooden & Varejao dominate!!! 8)

It'd be good to see Dwighty live, and hopefully the will utilise him offensively, and with Dooling & Garrity coming back this week, then hopefully we can start scoring some, and opening up the offense.

WooHoo finally a win :lol:

a good one too!! over Stevie's former team, shame TMAC wasnt on the court to witness it!

76-74 Road win over the Rockets ain't so bad..

We seriously gotta find a scorer or 2, i mean our scores are pretty average, i don't think we have got close to 100 as of yet lol.

Hedo is shootin average as it Stevenson. Thoug Jameer my man hit some very important 3's, i like that..

Franchise was close to his best with 27pts, 5ass and 3rebs.

Another double-double for Dwight with 12 and 11.

Next up is the Hornets, shall be interesting...

well some more encouraging signs for the Magic!

88-83 Away win against the Hornets..

Dwighty is in hot form with another double-double 16 and 13 today!!!

and the franchise he is playin awesome atm, with 24pts, 8rebs and 4ass.

Thoug 20 TO is ugly, but we won so who cares... Garrity slowly recovering 11 mins he got today!!

Magics, the only reason Turkoglu is struggling from downtown is he is our only shooter from outside, so other teams can match up easier. Good to see Jameer hitting 3's. He really needs to get more court-time.

And Dwighty, my man!!!!

i dont think Hedo has done that bad, cos you are right hes our only real threat from outside the arc, but if Jameer and Stevie can hit 1 or 2 each a game it would help. Plus Garrity is nearing healthy which will also provide some deep shooting.

Would like to see some more defense from Cato and Battie.

Cavs vs Magic

Well close but not close enough, came home for lunch today at work and checked the closing stages of the game.. We were up by 2 pts with 30 seconds left. A shame we lost it but i suppose encouraging signs coming out of this.

We were able to fight back from 17pts down. Hedo shot well from the outside arc and hit 17pts. Dooling returned. Garrity played more minutes.

Dwight had 21 and 16 very impressive.
Franchise again was great 22pts, 7ass and 6rebs.

108-100 OT loss, first time we have scored 100 in a game this season!!

Nice little win this, because Magic have finally got osme conisistancy in Dwight the Man Howard!!!

Massive night 21 and 20!!!

also Deshawn racked up a handy 16pts.

85-77 HOME WIN!!!

First for the season i do believe!

Come and Grant come back!!!

An awesome 80-77 win over the Heat today!!!

we are playing some really nice ball atm. sitting at 5-6 without Grant and Dooling sitting this one out. Dwight my man is getting into that superstar status with another monster game 15, 16 and 4blks.

Hedo had a nice game too with 18pts.

Well Clarky its fair to say that we are playing some nice ball at the moment. Cato is doing well as well for the limited minutes he is getting.

When ya hot, ya just hot!!!

4 Wins on the trot sitting at 7-6 now with a nice Road win over the struggling Celts!!

Jameer u star, 9pts in the final term, oh and yes...another Double-Double for Dwighty!!!

87-83!!!

Back
Top Bottom