Optimum 2022

Another rookie release I'd expect, no point not to when they can sell 1625 boxes at $150 each for 250k revenue.
agree... Select wont let the opportunity pass to bang out a quick and easy set. And to the annoyance of all Collingwood collectors the Daicos chase will be back on

Another rookie release I'd expect, no point not to when they can sell 1625 boxes at $150 each for 250k revenue.

$2-5 a card to print them and have them boarded if they are supremacy type cards, $5-10 a box/packaging say max $25 a box in cost..........do all the rookies they used in Optimum (65) x $149 a box.

65 players x 25 = 1625 boxes

1625 x $149 = $242,125 in revenue less costs and licence fee and GST.

= Grants & Select Employees Christmas Bonus.

Plus the fact they no longer have a customer service section they must be saving plenty and making more money . I suppose augurs well for you getting nice cards in the future. Just don’t ask the delicate geniuses any question though lol
1668130630824.gif

Last edited:
for those who missed the news!
the Dusty - black footy's finest #4 JUMPER NUMBER was pulled in a break
a monster card, that some lucky punter made big time bank

They are awesome looking cards and Dusty as we all know will be the new number 1 collected player for a while . Still think his legend hof Signature will break all the records when it appears in a decade or two. With inflation imo will be around $5 to $10 thousand starting price but it’s a while away yet

They are awesome looking cards and Dusty as we all know will be the new number 1 collected player for a while . Still think his legend hof Signature will break all the records when it appears in a decade or two. With inflation imo will be around $5 to $10 thousand starting price but it’s a while away yet
It will be a highly sought after card, but remember HOF sigs are /110, so very difficult for it to fetch over 1-1.5k.

The reason the 1996 versions are so expensive is because despite it saying /110, it really isn’t. Select threw out most of the 1996 versions, so at a guess, it is probably more accurate to say they are numbered to around 40-50.

I honestly believe the Dusty hype will die down over the next few years (as he inevitably slows down and is unable to keep up with the the high standard he has set. Sigs will maintain value, but we have already seen the non sigs drop in value.

Not too sure about this I also think with the types of higher end cards being produced that the AFL card market overall will be more expensive. Plus inflation will be a factor this card won’t be out for a long time yet remember. We can come back to these posts in about a decade and half and see how it is tracking lol 😂

Last edited:
Did they really destroy the 1996 Hall of Fame boxes or is this a myth? I think the 1996 HOF being the first Legends and first sets of any kind are generally more expensive if it’s collectibility is continued for a long duration. We are generally behind the US market with new things too . I suspect AFL graded cards will be more acceptable also in the future so again prices will be generally a lot higher. Watch this space.

In about 15 years lol

Last edited:
It will be a highly sought after card, but remember HOF sigs are /110, so very difficult for it to fetch over 1-1.5k.

The reason the 1996 versions are so expensive is because despite it saying /110, it really isn’t. Select threw out most of the 1996 versions, so at a guess, it is probably more accurate to say they are numbered to around 40-50.

I honestly believe the Dusty hype will die down over the next few years (as he inevitably slows down and is unable to keep up with the the high standard he has set. Sigs will maintain value, but we have already seen the non sigs drop in value.
mate, you are tripping if you think select just threw out the 96' HOF cards..no way in hell they would of even think of doing this.

Not too sure about this I also think with the types of higher end cards being produced that the AFL card market overall will be more expensive. Plus inflation will be a factor this card won’t be out for a long time yet remember. We can come back to these posts in about a decade and half and see how it is tracking lol 😂

Yeh it will be difficult to predict what the landscape will look like in 15 years. Select could easily lose their license in that time and there may not even be HOF sigs in the future.

Also it will take Dusty 7 years after retirement to be inducted into the HOF (that’s if he is inducted in his first eligible year). Normally takes a decade or two after that to hit legend status. So it could be a very long time until we find out 😂.

In regards to the 1996 boxes being thrown out, I believe it is more than merely a myth or rumour. You never see new ones coming up for sale either which leads me to believe there are a lot less than 110 of each (880 total) out there.

I suppose we will never know for sure . What a horrible thing to do to those delicious Legend Signatures if true . I am hoping it’s just one of those rumours.
1668227788114.gif

mate, you are tripping if you think select just threw out the 96' HOF cards..no way in hell they would of even think of doing this.
I can confirm I’m very stable and sober when typing this.

I’ve heard this from more than one source, don’t you think if there were 880 of these you would see one up for sale atleast every now and then, given there is basically no sealed product left?

Same way that some of the older captain sigs (2001) can not be redeemed anymore…

I can barely bring myself to destroy a damaged common , but to destroy one of the holy grails of AFL cards surely not , and stop calling me Shirley. But they don’t come up very often at all that is true .They do have very good investment potential these cards just due to their aesthetics alone as well as who they are .I don’t think people sell them unless they are really desperate for money . So most will just go into collections forever.

Last edited:
I can confirm I’m very stable and sober when typing this.

I’ve heard this from more than one source, don’t you think if there were 880 of these you would see one up for sale atleast every now and then, given there is basically no sealed product left?

Same way that some of the older captain sigs (2001) can not be redeemed anymore…
ok, I can feel what your saying.
It's just I find it extremely unlikely ( yet I have no proof at all to back up my thoughts)
Maybe your correct, but until further evidence is presented... I just can't take your 'source' word for it..

We will never know for certain. But they did recently have a few boxes in the surprise mixed box thing and there was the odd 1996 Hall of fame boxes in them.I reckon Cardzone would still have a few boxes stored away somewhere.

We will never know for certain. But they did recently have a few boxes in the surprise mixed box thing and there was the odd 1996 Hall of fame boxes in them.I reckon Cardzone would still have a few boxes stored away somewhere.
guaranteed steve, has plenty stashed away for his retirement pay day

I asked him a few yrs back how much for a 96 HOF box Steve as he tripped over some 2008 Classic , also sold out lol. He said $1000 , I said how much he said $1200 , what did you say Steve, “$1500”lol. Hate to think what he would charge now with inflation and all.

Back
Top Bottom