Optimum 2022

I wouldn't be surprised to see them try and flip again next year, I just can't really see there being any money to be made. The economy is only going to go downhill and the question isn't if, but how much, do the print runs go up.
We'll see what happens with the next release, I reckon there will be another short print rookie release like last year to cash in on the Daicos hype.

Where else are you going to get 25-30% ROI in a few weeks, with essentially no risk?

And why would select jack up the print run next year? they didn't for Prestige or optimum this year.

They didn't for Optimum because it's a mirror release of 2021, and numbering was kept consistent. Prestige cases went up.

The production of series two was drastically increased from 2020 Dominance to 2021 Optimum. You can expect the same to happen next season when a fresh series two set is released.

As for why? Well, money.

If selling for just over $400 once fees are taken out then clearly they’re doing it wrong. There is still $500 plus a box buyers if you know where to look.

They didn't for Optimum because it's a mirror release of 2021, and numbering was kept consistent. Prestige cases went up.

The production of series two was drastically increased from 2020 Dominance to 2021 Optimum. You can expect the same to happen next season when a fresh series two set is released.

As for why? Well, money.

Prestige was 700 cases each release

Prestige was 700 cases each release

Series two went up from around 525 in 2020 to roughly 700 in 2021.

If you don't think print runs are going up next year you haven't been paying attention. It's just a question of how much.

now the release has had some time to chill, whats everyone's view on it?...

Base - look good and solid
Optimum - not great, player name needs to be bigger in print.
Optimum + parallel - great looking, great parallel.
Draft pick signatures - was not a big fan off the 3 dps tier, but have changed my view. It gives collectors a chance to collect the DPS in which ever end off the pool one feel's comfortable. copper=shallow end / gold= mid level / plat= deep end..
The DPS are such a yearly staple and are always appreciated and valued.
Futures - 50/50 with these, could take them or leave them
Matrix - no, sorry not a fan
Footys Finest - personally love the f.f and was thrilled to add another one to the collection..Cant understand why it got some what smothered in this release (and its price on the secondary market) ** yet gives a great opportunity to all to grab at a great price... Looks great and love this card.
Mirror sigh - huge upgrade from last years release, big win by select
Duel mirror sigh - great player selection and hope to see for many years to come
Footy finest black - huge goal/ touchdown/ home run.. monster card!

** box value was great and all up found it a positive foward step release by select

Really like Futures and Footy’s Finest, don’t like 3 levels of DPS but do think they look good. I only bother with the copper sigs for my collection. Black Footy’s Finest looks great, haven’t seen one in hand yet though. Matrix are very average, not interested in Optimum+ or the parallels. I like that the mirrors are all sigs now, but there’s something about the design I’m not a huge fan of, could be better. Bring back the match worn or game used patches in series 2 I reckon. About time we start seeing some ball patch cards.

Really like Futures and Footy’s Finest, don’t like 3 levels of DPS but do think they look good. I only bother with the copper sigs for my collection. Black Footy’s Finest looks great, haven’t seen one in hand yet though. Matrix are very average, not interested in Optimum+ or the parallels. I like that the mirrors are all sigs now, but there’s something about the design I’m not a huge fan of, could be better. Bring back the match worn or game used patches in series 2 I reckon. About time we start seeing some ball patch cards.
I'm with you bro, copper DPS for me with this release..I only purchased 11 cards all up 5× richmond (c) dps
5× optimum parallel (rookie only)
1× Cotchin -footy finest
And I'm done.
Agree with the bringing patches to series 2..Adding a patch to the Mirror sighs would off been fire

This seller putting up 15 opened boxes, Select need to do better.

Has already sold 10 sealed boxes and 5 opened boxes.

1667997139631.png

This seller putting up 15 opened boxes, Select need to do better.

Has already sold 10 sealed boxes and 5 opened boxes.

1667997139631.png
Thats opened boxes, its pretty easy for someone to have collected that many boxes by now and sell off all the base cards they dont want

Reactions: BJD
now the release has had some time to chill, whats everyone's view on it?...

Base - look good and solid
Optimum - not great, player name needs to be bigger in print.
Optimum + parallel - great looking, great parallel.
Draft pick signatures - was not a big fan off the 3 dps tier, but have changed my view. It gives collectors a chance to collect the DPS in which ever end off the pool one feel's comfortable. copper=shallow end / gold= mid level / plat= deep end..
The DPS are such a yearly staple and are always appreciated and valued.
Futures - 50/50 with these, could take them or leave them
Matrix - no, sorry not a fan
Footys Finest - personally love the f.f and was thrilled to add another one to the collection..Cant understand why it got some what smothered in this release (and its price on the secondary market) ** yet gives a great opportunity to all to grab at a great price... Looks great and love this card.
Mirror sigh - huge upgrade from last years release, big win by select
Duel mirror sigh - great player selection and hope to see for many years to come
Footy finest black - huge goal/ touchdown/ home run.. monster card!

** box value was great and all up found it a positive foward step release by select
In majority, in agreement...

Optimum + Parallel - great looking card
DPS - I think two tier levels...like 2008 Classic would be sufficient
Futures - probably one card too many for each team
Matrix - agreed
Footy's Finest - i'm a big fan of this card, and as you note surprised at prices. Black Finest and chasing more Optimum signatures i think has impacted the price on these cards
Mirror Signature - As a Tigers fan would have loved Weightman and Prestia #3 or #7 Baker / #Campbell or #25 Nank / Gale (noting that #29 Bartlett / Bolton is wishful thinking)
Black Finest - should have been 18/18 past players...as much as I love my Dusty cards. How good would have a Richo Black Finest been.

In majority, in agreement...

Optimum + Parallel - great looking card
DPS - I think two tier levels...like 2008 Classic would be sufficient
Futures - probably one card too many for each team
Matrix - agreed
Footy's Finest - i'm a big fan of this card, and as you note surprised at prices. Black Finest and chasing more Optimum signatures i think has impacted the price on these cards
Mirror Signature - As a Tigers fan would have loved Weightman and Prestia #3 or #7 Baker / #Campbell or #25 Nank / Gale (noting that #29 Bartlett / Bolton is wishful thinking)
Black Finest - should have been 18/18 past players...as much as I love my Dusty cards. How good would have a Richo Black Finest been.
Putting aside K.B's reluctant to play ball with his sigh....my God.. a Bartlett & Bolton would off been 🔥

Anyone think they’ll be another release this year ?

I’m hoping not, giving us time to financially recover but also time to chase up some odds and ends to close past releases

Back
Top Bottom