Opinions on NFL Case purchase.

West Oz Cards

WOC Group Breaks
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
West_Oz_Cards
Hi All NFL fans.

I'm highly considering the (pre-sell) purchase of a case of NFL in the next few weeks, purely as a bust then re-sell.
But not having any experience with NFL cardboard, I'd like some opinions/advice on what is a decent purchase. If you were going to buy a case of NFL, what would you go for?

Currently considering these;
- Topps Platinum (12bx) ~$1k) Lots of hits, but I'm guessing very high-numbered.
- Topps Triple Threads (9bx) ~$1.5k) The 'master box' hits seem attractive, though I'm guessing a master box is the full 18bx case and just getting the 9bx may mean I will miss the case hits.
-UpperDeck Flair showcase (12bx) ~$1k) Small amount of hits, but sounds like they are quality hits

The Flawless NFl looks spectacular, but I'm guessing it'll be pricey as all feck.

If there is something else currently available, then I'm happy to hear your opinion as I stated, I have not the slightest clue with current NFL (besides HOF'ers), just love the products that are put out.

Topps Platinum is pretty mid range these days, mostly rookie auto's and swatches and numbered very high.
Triple Threads , a lot less cards and nicer lower number hits, possible book cards I think, but again mostly rookies in the hits.
UD Flair S/case - College uni's not NFL, so that might be a turn off for some.

Were I buying a case I'd like the chance of Vet auto's myself.

Of the three you list, I'd say Triple Threads, but you might want to wait and see what other products come out, like Black, Valor, Finest etc.

2014 Triple threads and platinum are a fair way off yet too Late Oct / mid November...

I don't kno if I would buy a case for busting to resell especially being in Australia for a few reasons, mainly the shipping chargers to get to you which would further increase the odds on a breakeven or better result which is hard enough without shipping charges and secondly, how/where would you sell? The NFL market in Australia is too small to really count on (look at the below ebay prices that don't sell on here) and if you are selling on ebay you run the risk of chargebacks because tracking is too expensive for all but the expensive cards. Maybe COMC, but he shipping to them will increase your breakeven, let alone the cash out fees of 20%.... Just dont see how rip and flip is a good idea for any NFL in these parts of the world.... NBA maybe, but def not NFL.

If money is of no concern and it's mainly for fun, then fire away, pick which one you like best and/or which has the best possible PC cards for your collection.... Chrome seems to hold value quite well and if you hit anything BIG it will more than pay for your case and the color moves quite well, where most other releases parallel/non-auto has no real value..... Chrome would be the only release I would consider buying a case of, but like anything, chances are you wont even get close to your investment back

Thanks for the input Guys,

Yeh, mainly want to bust one for the great looking cards. Panini stuff is average compared to some of the stuff I see in NFL. I'll take a look at chrome, though I might wait till Flawless comes out and go for the big guns.

I don't kno if I would buy a case for busting to resell especially being in Australia for a few reasons, mainly the shipping chargers to get to you which would further increase the odds on a breakeven or better result which is hard enough without shipping charges and secondly, how/where would you sell? The NFL market in Australia is too small to really count on (look at the below ebay prices that don't sell on here) and if you are selling on ebay you run the risk of chargebacks because tracking is too expensive for all but the expensive cards. Maybe COMC, but he shipping to them will increase your breakeven, let alone the cash out fees of 20%.... Just dont see how rip and flip is a good idea for any NFL in these parts of the world.... NBA maybe, but def not NFL.

Seems to be a bit of a common theme these days. I just started a thread and maybe if we can get more participation from OCT NFL members, we might all come out ahead - http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/post-your-nfl-trader-links-buckets-etc-here.171428/

Back
Top Bottom