Opinions on my jersey display design...

Birdman

The Hick From French Lick
Real Name
Josh
eBay User
mrgt2859
Hi guys.

Well since I got my auto'ed jersey last week, I have been fiddling around in Photoshop to try and come up with a unique display unit to hang off the wall.

Well this is what I have come up with - I will warn you that it is a full scale image (or very close to it), so that when its blown up detail can be seen.

Display.jpg

Basically the design I have come up with is loosely based on the design of an Exquisite Enshrinement card. I really love the design of these cards (and pretty much any Exquisites for that matter), and I thought it was a unique base to work up into a jersey display unit.

At the bottom will be 3 cutout spaces for cards to be mounted in, and the 2 cards that are in there are ones I have already brought that will be going in.

The transparent looking part with all Larry's stats on it will be a piece of clear acrylic, so the stats will sort of look like they are floating above the jersey.

Alot of the gold trim I am thinking of doing in gold leaf. Not sure if I will actually follow through with this but we will see what happens and how i feel at the time!

And with that said, I'm not really sure how I am going to achieve the crosshatch effect on the green parts on the top and bottom. I'm sure i will come up with something!

So I guess I just want to hear what you guys think. Whether you reckon it works or needs some fine touches here and there? I am pretty happy with it as it is now - but its always interesting to get feedback.

Cheers!

Josh.

That is going to be one heck of a design to pull off on that scale using real materials...but will look pretty good! It's a shame that Larry is such a big fella, the cards seem to pale into near insignificance next to the jersey, but having them at the bottom closer to "the eye of the beholder" will assist in terms of scale.

hey buddy that is a phenomenal looking design!!! i love your creativity and flair, that will look smashing

really good. You know you should also put: NBA Coach of the Year (Indiana Pacers) - 1997/98
how many people have won MVPs NBA Championships, Olympic Gold and Coach of the Year?......probably none other maybe

thats it, i've already decided that you're designing my pippen one...and there will be no arguments!!!....the display looks awesome how you based it but i have a few suggestions going off what i have at home (04 bulldogs premiers auto jersey, pippen auto ball, steve waugh auto final campaign, luc robitaille auto game used puck).

1...dont put the cards in...it detracts from the piece..it looks absolutely stunning but IMO much better without the cards as you already have that display case.
2...somehow try and stretch "Larry Bird" down one side and boston celtics down the other. but id be leaving the gold script
3...with the etching (which looks awesome btw) is that then too going to be covered in glass? id try and have the top the glass covering the jersey etched and coloured with gold
4...once all that is done...post the finished product to me and i will evaluate for an undiscolsed period of time:thumbsup:

not really a fan of the auto cards on the bottom. maybe you can change it to like a small photo or none at all. the jersey already has an auto so card autos wont be needed.

besides that, the design looks really awesome.. i really like the design, too bad i dont have a g hill jersey to display..

it does look nice mate...its fun designing stuff like that. i did that with my Bogut jersey. My next project is going to be a big one.......

my gf bought me this for my birthday this year, 2m by 1m actual photo of the 1996 NBA Finals (Bulls vs Sonics ) Game 2 at the united centre....cost like $500 shipped from the USA....im planning on getting it framed, but im like you mate, ill have fun designing the frame....going to cost heaps to frame but it will look amazing.

bulls sonics.JPG

thats it, i've already decided that you're designing my pippen one...and there will be no arguments!!!....the display looks awesome how you based it but i have a few suggestions going off what i have at home (04 bulldogs premiers auto jersey, pippen auto ball, steve waugh auto final campaign, luc robitaille auto game used puck).

1...dont put the cards in...it detracts from the piece..it looks absolutely stunning but IMO much better without the cards as you already have that display case.
2...somehow try and stretch "Larry Bird" down one side and boston celtics down the other. but id be leaving the gold script
3...with the etching (which looks awesome btw) is that then too going to be covered in glass? id try and have the top the glass covering the jersey etched and coloured with gold
4...once all that is done...post the finished product to me and i will evaluate for an undiscolsed period of time:thumbsup:

Haha is that so? Well, I guess I have no say in the matter!

1. I'm actually selling on MY display case (the first one made). I have also liquidated my PC just to get high end auto cards to put into this piece. I guess I wanted the cards is because its different - and because it will be the best place for them to see them all the time!
2. Might try that and see how it looks.
3. Yes the whole thing will have a clear acrylic face. Then inside is the gold and green sections, then the clear stats section, then the jersey. So basically the jersey is sunk into the back of the whole thing.
4. Will do mate!

Thanks for all the other comments so far!

Back
Top Bottom