OMG card hogs!!

hairyangryfella

Tag Team Quads 93/94
Real Name
Graeme
I have just been searching around for Tags, and discovered a few. Problem is that some player collectors are greedy buggers and have 2 or 3 of the same Tag Team! How the heck am I supposed to complete the set when there are these people just buying up all of the same card :(

- Slobby is exempt as he's cool :cool:

I have just been searching around for Tags, and discovered a few. Problem is that some player collectors are greedy buggers and have 2 or 3 of the same Tag Team! How the heck am I supposed to complete the set when there are these people just buying up all of the same card :(

- Slobby is exempt as he's cool :cool:

Thus explains the reason why they are increasing in price!

If you've got the one in your sig you should get no sympathy - just look at that card! :)

The one in my sig is not real though... photoshop project at work...

But yeah, just found a Nowitzki collector who has 3 of the same Mavs version, and also a Courtney Lee collector who has 2 of the two different ones featuring him. Have asked them both if there's any way they will move them...

I hate it when this happens but it's commonplace among guys with money...heaps od dudes on HK do it - kinda blows I reckon....

Really?
Don't see anything wrong with it.
Limited cards /10, why wouldn't a player collector want the different part of the tag feauturing their team/players.

It would be awesome to own a few of your pc player!
Would impact the set collectors though, can see your point.

Where's the STFU button... It was a thread posted upon my shock of discovery, no need to be all patronising about things...

:D:D Nice comeback!!!

I guess it's guys with $ can do this but it's tough when you're only trying to get one of them and the price goes thru the roof....

Bit touchy?!? get a grip champ... was having a sly dig.... Wasn't suppose to hurt your feelings. I could have ranted on about yet ANOTHER thread of whinging, posted by yourself.

I'll pay the comeback that was quite witty!

---------- Post added 10-02-2010 at 06:58 PM ----------

Oh, and like Liam said, I can see your point but thems the breaks with in this hobby....

I could have ranted on about yet ANOTHER thread of whinging, posted by yourself.

Yeah fair point, but the name does speak for itself...

I'm just really passionate about these cards at the moment and just seeing that I have so little chance of those ones really got me, kinda makes me wonder if I should continue... I will try to, but boy today has been a bit of a sucker punch to me...

Yeah fair point, but the name does speak for itself...

I'm just really passionate about these cards at the moment and just seeing that I have so little chance of those ones really got me, kinda makes me wonder if I should continue... I will try to, but boy today has been a bit of a sucker punch to me...

Yeah I know where your coming from mate, towards the end of last year I was going after a set of 09-10 Exquisite Extra Exquisite #/50, got like 50% done and gave up cause the Peja card was selling for $70 US - $100 US it was the second most expensive card in the set MJ being the most cause of some Peja collecting buying up the whole print run.

---------- Post added 11-02-2010 at 05:49 PM ----------

I dont have a problem with people wanting the hole print run if they collect that player and they like that card, I dont think there card hogs they have the money and want more than 1 of each card.

At least if you sell them you should make more than your initial outlay

It happens, alot of player collectors do it, myself included. Just means you know you're going to have to bid higher when the next of those appear cause there'll be others gunning for it too, as there is with all cards. 2 or 3 though? Consider yourself lucky! I know many a player collector that has 7 or 8 of the #/10 print run of different cards! At least you've still got a 7 or 8 chance of finding another for your set ;)

Back
Top Bottom