Officially done with photobucket, onto hobbydisplay - well worth a look folks.

ljandkg

Go Celtics!!
Real Name
Al
eBay User
ljandkg
COMC User
ljandkg
The ads were doing my nut in. Every time you go to load up a new card there's a different type of ad showing some woman wearing not very much - I hated it!!:D

Anyway moved all my stuff over to hobbydisplay - site that Randy (rdliefriaf) has been working on. Got a lot going for it and is being developed by one of our own, a collector, hopefully with everything collectors want!

Plenty of folder options, and holds the image code for u to use so u don't have to go back to PB.
And funnily enough it has no ads......

Well worth a look folks

http://www.hobbydisplay.com/ljandkg/collection/

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up might move the MJ PC over later on, I'm also sick of all the damn pop ups on PB oh and very awesome KG PC you have there 10 out of 10! :)

I tip my hat to you, Al. Noice KG collection. I guess it's between you, myself and Matt Wrightson to see who ultimately is the most dedicated KG collector (and who has the nicest K card). How long does it take to set the thing up, out of curiosity?

I tip my hat to you, Al. Noice KG collection. I guess it's between you, myself and Matt Wrightson to see who ultimately is the most dedicated KG collector (and who has the nicest K card). How long does it take to set the thing up, out of curiosity?

Mate, you use a google spreadsheet to put the details into as well as the image code and then you're away laughing. I only have 260 odd images and I chipped away over a few weeks. Just so glad to be rid of PB though.
As for Garnett, there's plenty more than us three!! There's some massive collectors in the Phillipines. We have a KG collectors facebook page with some of the biggest KG collectors worldwide. PM me your facebook name if you wanna join. About 17 members at last count.

lol! only 260-odd? I might be beating you then! I'm pushing toward the 1600 individual garnett cards plus another 10 (i think) items (figures, magazines, posters). And i was talking about just us oct collectors. I'm pretty certain there's some collector's in the world who'd make my collection seem paltry by comparison. Though i do have my second Garnett card with a print of 5 or less coming in very soon (2008-09 SPX Jersey # patch/auto).

Edit: my facebook user name is Taffy Llewellyn, btw.

Do you have to use a google spreadsheet? I've got all my collections done up in Exel spreadsheets (very methodical, almost ocd methodical, when it comes to my collections).

lol! only 260-odd? I might be beating you then! I'm pushing toward the 1600 individual garnett cards plus another 10 (i think) items (figures, magazines, posters). And i was talking about just us oct collectors. I'm pretty certain there's some collector's in the world who'd make my collection seem paltry by comparison. Though i do have my second Garnett card with a print of 5 or less coming in very soon (2008-09 SPX Jersey # patch/auto).

Edit: my facebook user name is Taffy Llewellyn, btw.

I know one guy in Poland who has 2000+. I've sent you a fb friend request.

Had a quick look through the site, looks pretty good.

Might have to transfer the collections over when time becomes available :lol:

Yeah it can take time, although I think if u have your collection on excel like Taffy does it's very easy. I'm not 100% on that.

seems interesting, also took ages to load my side as well, seemed laggy as hell, is it more of a project for the admin? still good to see people thinking of new n different ways to do things -the spreadsheet option, after the initial work would be easy to maintain.

seems interesting, also took ages to load my side as well, seemed laggy as hell, is it more of a project for the admin? still good to see people thinking of new n different ways to do things -the spreadsheet option, after the initial work would be easy to maintain.
He is 100% trying to turn this into A) an attractive site that collectors can use instead of PB, and B) a bit of a money spinner. Perhaps give hi some feedback to improve things from your end. He's a good dude! Meanwhile PB just gets worse.

Just bumping this up as I have the dreaded "third party hosting" death knock from Photobucket. I had a look at your site @ljandkg on hobbydisplay and noticed you had the same problem too when using the photobucket source code. I was just wondering if there is any other decent options where I can transfer my images to? Otherwise it might be the death of my much hyped and anticipated maildays........ :-S

Just bumping this up as I have the dreaded "third party hosting" death knock from Photobucket. I had a look at your site @ljandkg on hobbydisplay and noticed you had the same problem too when using the photobucket source code. I was just wondering if there is any other decent options where I can transfer my images to? Otherwise it might be the death of my much hyped and anticipated maildays........ :-S

Good question. Yes I spent hours transferring across from PB to make that hobbydisplay site. PB are a disgrace.
I'm now reloading all my images in flickr. It's a terrific site. When you click on an image you then click on the 'share' arrow and it gives you a bbc code which is an image code u can use for 3rd party hosting.

Good question. Yes I spent hours transferring across from PB to make that hobbydisplay site. PB are a disgrace.
I'm now reloading all my images in flickr. It's a terrific site. When you click on an image you then click on the 'share' arrow and it gives you a bbc code which is an image code u can use for 3rd party hosting.

Thanks for the response mate, I assume you'll have the same problem with PB source code when using Flickr though? Or have you literally started from scratch and rescanned every image? I have literally hundreds upon hundreds of images in PB and am at my wits end trying to figure out the best way around it.... I really don't want to bite the bullet and start from scratch if I can possibly avoid it.

Thanks for the response mate, I assume you'll have the same problem with PB source code when using Flickr though? Or have you literally started from scratch and rescanned every image? I have literally hundreds upon hundreds of images in PB and am at my wits end trying to figure out the best way around it.... I really don't want to bite the bullet and start from scratch if I can possibly avoid it.

Luckily I have all my old images on my laptop so I just bulk uploaded them on flickr. I had about 400 so it took a wee while but it's very fast. The phone app seems pretty good so it'll be all go just taking nice pics on my phone and uploading now from there.

Back
Top Bottom