Official Tap N Play 2017/18 Ashes Release Thread

So for those that have busted some packs/boxes already id be very keen to hear your thoughts? Id mainly like to hear what the quality was like particularly on the National Pride and Portrait insert cards. I have left my thoughts in the box break section where i busted my first of 2 boxes.

So for those that have busted some packs/boxes already id be very keen to hear your thoughts? Id mainly like to hear what the quality was like particularly on the National Pride and Portrait insert cards. I have left my thoughts in the box break section where i busted my first of 2 boxes.

I contacted Neil from tap n play this morning about this and he said they are aware of the problem and if you contact him and supply him with photos of the damage ones they will replace them. They are currently getting the replacements printed

I contacted Neil from tap n play this morning about this and he said they are aware of the problem and if you contact him and supply him with photos of the damage ones they will replace them. They are currently getting the replacements printed

That's good to know, i was going to send them an email and explain the issue. Problem is it can be kinda tricky to get a decent photo of card damage, but will try my best. I'll wait until i receive and open my second box before i email as the list might grow.

Hang on, this is a tad confusing. So TNP will be replacing the inserts too? If this is the case, that they are doing another print run, then there's twice as many inserts going around now? This isn't a good at all and probably a reason why they don't number most of their inserts. These will end up in the hands of their distributors who will flog it on ebay and here down the track.

Maybe that's why it's $7 a pack, to cover the extra print run.

I'm still yet to see a signature redemption card that doesn't have dinged edges.... Have a look at the case break section on ere and you'll see all 6 of the redemption cards are all dinged up. Will these be replaced too? How about the signature card themselves, were they cut the same way? Are the edges dinged up too?

Has anyone else had the Xmas bundle email?
Yeah, just had a look at it mate. I think the cricket offer is a great idea! What are your thoughts?

xmas-specials-ashes-300x300@2x.jpg

From the Tap n Play website:

"$149.00 per unit

(Limited offer – 20 only available)

You receive:
•Ashes Album and 5 pack starter kit (worth $56.90)
•5 Bonus packets (worth $34.95)
•Three original English signature cards: Joe Root – Jimmy Anderson – Stuart Broad (un-numbered promo) worth $150
•$241 in value for $149"

Yeah, just had a look at it mate. I think the cricket offer is a great idea! What are your thoughts?

"$149.00 per unit

You receive:
•Three original English signature cards: Joe Root – Jimmy Anderson – Stuart Broad (un-numbered promo) worth $150
•$241 in value for $149"

Look I think its a great offer, but I cant help think that it devalues the English Signature cards before they are even in the hands of collectors.

There are only 20 available (these are likely the unnumbered spares they get the players to sign - used if there are any quality issues) and these in reality would be rarer than the actual redeemed cards limited to 100 each. If they are saying that all 3 are worth $150 ($50 each - limited to around 20 cards each) then what does that do to the value of the standard cards numbered to 100?

Have no problems with them offering a good deal for collectors and trying to sell products, but increasing the number of signature cards by 20-30% impacts the rarity and devalues the cards somewhat......before collectors are even able to redeem them.

Good idea, just think the execution is lacking a little here.

Wow the Xmas bundle is an original idea... great promotion IMO however as @Matt26 said, it would devalue the English Signature Cards.

Re the corners/ cutting of the cards, in my box I had one card with a dented corner... maybe it's just good packaging from @Diggaz TC! Great set IMO, the cards look brilliant.

Look I think its a great offer, but I cant help think that it devalues the English Signature cards before they are even in the hands of collectors.

There are only 20 available (these are likely the unnumbered spares they get the players to sign - used if there are any quality issues) and these in reality would be rarer than the actual redeemed cards limited to 100 each. If they are saying that all 3 are worth $150 ($50 each - limited to around 20 cards each) then what does that do to the value of the standard cards numbered to 100?

Have no problems with them offering a good deal for collectors and trying to sell products, but increasing the number of signature cards by 20-30% impacts the rarity and devalues the cards somewhat......before collectors are even able to redeem them.

Good idea, just think the execution is lacking a little here.

Possibly it does devalue them (I wouldn’t have listed a value here) but I know from my futura collecting collecting the same card that is numbered, unnumbered, sample and blank is just as much fun and valued (maybe that just me though)

Just grabbed one for Xmas as well hehe
Has anyone seen these cards for sale else where then here? Or is it just boxes are still being released and posted out? Can not find them anywhere other then tha usual suspects ;)

I’ve purchased the Ashes special. Seems great value to me and I might be in the minority here but I don’t think it devalues the numbered sigs. They are un-numbered with no accompanying redemption card. Like @May-Z said, it just adds another card to collect. To me it doesn’t replace wanting any of the others and if I was a Pommie signature chaser I’d need both, the promo one plus still need the numbered card with redemption card. Just my thoughts.

"$149.00 per unit

You receive:
•$241 in value for $149"

Anyone notice on the ashes Xmas bundle flyer it says bonus 2x packets yet on the write up it say 5x packets?

Back
Top Bottom