Official Tap N Play 2017/18 Ashes Release Thread

Just grabbed one for Xmas as well hehe
Has anyone seen these cards for sale else where then here? Or is it just boxes are still being released and posted out? Can not find them anywhere other then tha usual suspects ;)

There has been a change is distribution with this release I think they are still working through it.
I contacted TnP directly through their website and they advised they were happy to supply us directly at wholesale prices.
Ashes cards and albums arrived in the shop this morning.
If your local newsagent normally carries them it might be worth letting them know about the Ashes and BBL releases, that Gordon & Gotch aren't distributing and to contact Tap N Play directly.

There has been a change is distribution with this release I think they are still working through it.
I contacted TnP directly through their website and they advised they were happy to supply us directly at wholesale prices.
Ashes cards and albums arrived in the shop this morning.
If your local newsagent normally carries them it might be worth letting them know about the Ashes and BBL releases, that Gordon & Gotch aren't distributing and to contact Tap N Play directly.
Cheers mate, much appreciated :)

Why include 3 English signatures when a vast majority of your audience is Australian?
Might have something to do with the 3 English sigs being limited to 100 in the release while there are 200 of each for the Australian players.

For anyone who may not have seen this post on faacebook on Tuesday regarding redemption arrangements and some of the resultant comments...

E6CC2E62-142E-4E71-AD2B-5BFB0351A95F.jpeg

EB2A8FBB-EAFA-4C1B-B6BF-4484C074322E.jpeg

Last edited:
So what do we all think of the Predictor Wild Card? Originally we probably all thought it was for any player not featured on their own Predictor card. Picture stolen from Richos card, but have a read of the back. It has been confirmed that this wild card does as it says, it redeems a winning card no matter who wins. So if the player who wins man of the series already has a Predictor card then that doubles to amount to 200. What are everyone’s thoughts on this? I personally think it’s an error and was meant to be for just all other players not on a Predictor. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to do it the way it’s being done.

6EB90A28-B1A9-4A40-8E85-9D9091E4B352.jpeg

B5B44774-8AA4-415C-B135-845295628347.png

So what do we all think of the Predictor Wild Card? Originally we probably all thought it was for any player not featured on their own Predictor card. Picture stolen from Richos card, but have a read of the back. It has been confirmed that this wild card does as it says, it redeems a winning card no matter who wins. So if the player who wins man of the series already has a Predictor card then that doubles to amount to 200. What are everyone’s thoughts on this? I personally think it’s an error and was meant to be for just all other players not on a Predictor. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to do it the way it’s being done.

Interesting..... and confusing all at the same time, so no matter who wins this card gets you the winning players predictor. Has this been confirmed or just interpretation from the writing?
Good pick up though.

Can 100% confirm that the original wildcard was supposed to be for any player outside of the 14 players contained in the set........TNP seems to have changed this at some point and this wildcard is now for any player.

Which as stated above makes a somewhat rare card limited to 100 copies, now limited to 200 copies and not quite as rare or valuable........unless someone outside of the 7 players from each team wins the prize......which is possible?

Can 100% confirm that the original wildcard was supposed to be for any player outside of the 14 players contained in the set........TNP seems to have changed this at some point and this wildcard is now for any player.

Which as stated above makes a somewhat rare card limited to 100 copies, now limited to 200 copies and not quite as rare or valuable........unless someone outside of the 7 players from each team wins the prize......which is possible?

Yeah figured it was meant to be for all others not featured on a Predictor card, would have made perfect sense really and logical. I’d say TNP changed their minds as the card states very clearly it’s a winner no matter what, kinda hard to argue on that. Not wanting to upsets collectors I’d say they decided to go with exactly what the card says. Really such a shame though as you say, could have been a nice rare card numbered to only /100, now not so rare at possibly 200. I’m going to make a prediction that I’m willing to bet anyone $100 that the winner of man of the series will already have a Predictor card.

Yeah figured it was meant to be for all others not featured on a Predictor card, would have made perfect sense really and logical. I’d say TNP changed their minds as the card states very clearly it’s a winner no matter what, kinda hard to argue on that. Not wanting to upsets collectors I’d say they decided to go with exactly what the card says. Really such a shame though as you say, could have been a nice rare card numbered to only /100, now not so rare at possibly 200. I’m going to make a prediction that I’m willing to bet anyone $100 that the winner of man of the series will already have a Predictor card.

Totally agree......one of the 14 cards should get you the winner (even with 2 English players not really in contention).....these sets were locked away 5-6 months ago.

Any truth that TNP are selling boxes for $100 each due to the cards being damaged?

Back
Top Bottom