OFFICIAL "Other" Grand Final Thread - Storm v Broncos

really, cos i only got 2.10 at the local pub, or should i say, my girlfriend got 2.10, she put 20 on, and she is SO happy you would think she won 100 grand. Bloody broncos, and what was going on with Simpkins, and the vid refs, a few terrible calls killed the Storm, but the Broncos were the better team on the night, and my hat goes off to them...who won the Churchill by the way, cos us vics get the game and thats it...i had a tenner on Cammy Smith, but he play terrible, so more money wasted.

really, cos i only got 2.10 at the local pub, or should i say, my girlfriend got 2.10, she put 20 on, and she is SO happy you would think she won 100 grand. Bloody broncos, and what was going on with Simpkins, and the vid refs, a few terrible calls killed the Storm, but the Broncos were the better team on the night, and my hat goes off to them...who won the Churchill by the way, cos us vics get the game and thats it...i had a tenner on Cammy Smith, but he play terrible, so more money wasted.

Yeah, but it was sith Sportingbet. I'm with more than one agency, so I took best price. Money came very late on the Broncos, probablt because teh price was too good.
But have to agree, so dodge calls helped. Inaccurate goal kicking aswell. I mearly went with the whole "experience" has to count for something appraoch, and the price was much better than the shorts on the storm. I always had the Eels game in the back of my mind, they lacked the killer instinct for mine in that game.

What a bummer, you missed that? Berrigan won the medal I'm afraid.

Back from the game, so many ppl were there, i was kindof shocked

Why was the melb "try" disallowed? it came off his head and went backwards :S:S very confused, can someone clarify the rule?

Is it just me or are the refs just crap these days?

all i can say is, as a Melbourne Storm fan i am shattered, im not big on rugby, but can someone please clarify why that try was dis-aloud? The refs were poor and i think the end result was an insult to the game. Not saying that the Storm would have won, but i think it kinda swung the game to the Broncos....

The video-ref decided it came off Hoffman first. That's the only indescretion there was in that play, if it was either Hodges or Hoffman who knocked on first. I thought it was Hoffman.

When a player knocks it on, comes off his body etc. when playing at the ball, its a knock-on. It doesn't have to touch the ground to be classified as a knock-on.

Once it hits the player and projects forward, thats the first indescretion in the play. In this case the video-ref decided it came off Hoffman first, so it's a knock-on.

If I remember correctly, both Hodges & Hoffman both went for the ball. It looked as if Hoffman got a piece of it as well as Hodges. It was a 50/50 call for mine.

EDIT: Yes Lippo, if it projects forward from Hoffman first no matter what happens after that, it's a knock-on.

i suppose in the end it was a 50/50 call, but like i said the better team won on the night. the broncos defence against onE of the best attacking teams in the league was awesome. berrigan v inglis was evidence of that. berrigan contained him and inglis barely made an impact on the game!!

it was just like origin 3 with 50/50 calls, and on both occasions the better team won.

like my old boss used to say to me all the time when i used to complain about a shitty ref.......a good team beats a bad referee!!!

GO THE BRONCOS!!

When a player knocks it on, comes off his body etc. when playing at the ball, its a knock-on. It doesn't have to touch the ground to be classified as a knock-on.

Once it hits the player and projects forward, thats the first indescretion in the play. In this case the video-ref decided it came off Hoffman first, so it's a knock-on.

If I remember correctly, both Hodges & Hoffman both went for the ball. It looked as if Hoffman got a piece of it as well as Hodges. It was a 50/50 call for mine.

EDIT: Yes Lippo, if it projects forward from Hoffman first no matter what happens after that, it's a knock-on.
Thx for the clarification!

Yeah Broncs were the better team on the day - well deserved win!

The storm got absolutely butt reamed by the refs, there's no way the better team won on the night, the storm dominated about 55-60 minutes of the game but got no rewards because the refs constantly shafted them.

With regards to the disallowed try, first up, eel you've got no idea. The ball clearly came off hodges hands, back into his head, then onto Hoffman's head, and from there it went backwards to King who scored the try. The entire commentary team agrees with me, that was a try. Watch the replay in slow mo, it's pretty obvious the refs ****ed up.

The worst screw up though was the missed penalty that got the Broncos to 10-8 in front, that was absolutely blatantly obvious, something a referee should never miss, and that turned the game for the Broncos. Add to that all the dodgy 50/50 stuff that everytime went the Broncos way, and it makes for a nice shafting of the storm.

Nice to see Webcke go out on a high, Lockyer is a champion, Berrigan was brilliant, but the Storm deserved the title and got robbed of it.

The storm got absolutely butt reamed by the refs, there's no way the better team won on the night, the storm dominated about 55-60 minutes of the game but got no rewards because the refs constantly shafted them.

With regards to the disallowed try, first up, eel you've got no idea. The ball clearly came off hodges hands, back into his head, then onto Hoffman's head, and from there it went backwards to King who scored the try. The entire commentary team agrees with me, that was a try. Watch the replay in slow mo, it's pretty obvious the refs ****ed up.

The worst screw up though was the missed penalty that got the Broncos to 10-8 in front, that was absolutely blatantly obvious, something a referee should never miss, and that turned the game for the Broncos. Add to that all the dodgy 50/50 stuff that everytime went the Broncos way, and it makes for a nice shafting of the storm.

Nice to see Webcke go out on a high, Lockyer is a champion, Berrigan was brilliant, but the Storm deserved the title and got robbed of it.

like my old boss used to say to me all the time when i used to complain about a shitty ref.......a good team beats a bad referee!!!

GO THE BRONCOS!!

the broncos defence was unreal!! they beat the storm at their own game!!

go back to origin 3 and lets talk about bad refs decisions.........

refer my quote above!! GO THE BRONCOS!! :D

Nah, I gotta agree with Bargey here, the Storm got reamed! I can think of 4 or 5 decisions that were at best 50/50 and ALL went against the Storm... The SUPPOSED Slater strip that led to the first penalty (sorry, I didn't realize the ball "resting" on top of your arm meant you were in control of the ball), the Slater being bundled into touch tackle (the ref called held while Slater's legs were still in the air, and old mate decided to drag him further and further until he was legitimately in touch and the touchy called it...), the King disallowed try (already explained...), the shepherd which was ignored until a penalty was commited by the storm, giving the Bronco's 2 more undeserved points... Seriously, I can't see how a Bronc's supporter can be happy with anything but the trophy...

Back
Top Bottom