OFFICIAL "Other" Grand Final Thread - Storm v Broncos

Lippo

User #43
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
PsychoLippo
Don't care who wins this one really, got tickets and going to the match, but there are no Sydney teams there :(

I reckon Storm are gonna win

storm have no doubt been the benchmark all year, but the broncos are on a roll!!

except for their little wake up call against the dragons a few weeks ago the broncos have been the in form team in the comp for the last 6 weeks, and at this end of the season momentum counts for a lot!!

it will be a cracker of a game and will go down to the wire, but i'm tipping the Broncos by 7!!

GO THE BRONCOS

Im a Storm fan, the Girlfriends whole family is Bronco's fans... GF day is going to rock, her dad is going to go mental when the STORM WIN!!!!!

they got so happy when we went to Origin and QLD won, and they love the Broncos more than they love Origin, so everyone is going to rip my throat out if the Storm win, which they will!

i just have one thing to say since the interstaters are taking over the AFL...

and that is...

GO STORM

lets win something for victoria :)

GO THE BRONCOS !!!

A massive Broncos fan... we are more flashy than the Storm... so it will be GF for us to win or lose....

Webcke's last game... so what a better way to see a champion go than to kick the last goal from right in front after Hodges scores the last try... !!!

hehe.. to top it all off... I had a little wager back in Feb for Storm or Broncos to win the comp... laughing all the way to the TAB this week :)

Broncos dont deserve to win, give it to the Storm!!

just wondering kyle why you think the broncos "don't deserve to win"??

is it the fact that they have been the most consisent team in the last 15 years?? or the fact that they have been the 'in-form' team of the comp in the last 6-7 weeks??

just curious.......

I quite enjoy watching both teams so i think this will be like last year for me, just gona sit back and hopefully watch a really entertaining match. Would be nice to see Webcke retire on a high note but would also love to see inglis and slater shine under bellamy. Should be a cracker!

GO THE BRONCOS!!

Webke deserves to go out on a high note....and i hope this is it!! Lockyer has been the best player in the comp since his origin victory and he is good enough to lead them to the win. Hidges hasnt been to shabby either and i expect at least one try to come off a kick return from him....

Being impartial to both teams, my loyalty changes pretty much everyday. I agree though, the Broncos do deserve the win but I'll be going for the Storm. Maybe..

That doesnt make sense at all....:p :rolleyes:
Meaning; yea for Webke, for Lockyer who is probably the best player in the league right now and for all the reasons you named and more, considering they looked pretty disastrous at the start of the season, they've turned it around big time. But I dunno, I like the Storm more :p

Well its the morning of the big day, Broncos versus Storm in the NRL Grand Final...

Having just spent a week in QLD, the build up there was amazing, even though i was in Cairns/Port Douglas, and in Cowboys country. The courier-mail was chocked full of stuff about the game, and the people were buzzing...

I think that the Broncos will put up a very determined effort, the whole "Win for Webcke" thing and all, but the Storm have shown that they are the best team in the league all year, and they have players to get it done, especially if Slater can find some form...

the NRL Footy Show, as always, had the boys betting who would win the game, score the first try or win the Churchill, which spurred me on to do it here as well...

To win the game: Storm by 6pts

Score the First try: Greg Inglis (Storm)

Churchill Medal: Shane Webcke (Broncos)/ Cooper Cronk (Storm)

there are my thinkings on the game, what does everyone else think?

the NRL Footy Show, as always, had the boys betting who would win the game, score the first try or win the Churchill, which spurred me on to do it here as well...

I cant wait for 7pm... its only 1pm & im champing to bits ready for the game.... Have been watching the DVD of 92,93,97,98,00 GF to get me pumped.... :p

If you are doing it for fun

Broncos by 10
Churchill - lockyer
First Try - Tate or Thaiday

& if you are actually betting... one very interesting/weird fact.... of the 5 GF broncos has been in... half-time in 3 of 5 is Broncos 10 - 2..... so Broncos to lead 5-8 pts at half time is nice $5.75 :)

GO BRONCOS !!!!!

Im going to go down and put a bit of cash on in, but mainly for fun, the missus and her family are all Broncos supporters, while me being a victorian, im a storm fan, so this game is going to be very interesting... nearly as interesting as when we all went to state of origin in melbourne this year, and i went for nsw, they were not very happy... i wasnt either when nsw lost, losing me 50 bucks to her father, damn idiots!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!
I am a Parramatta fan, bloody Storm kicked us out in the first week of the finals. Plus maybe the 3 signed broncos tops that I have on ebay will be worth heaps when they win. And I reckon Corey Parker owes me one when he scored the try in the last minute against the Bulldogs I had 33-20 pick the score at the tab. 37-20 paid $15,000. When I went and got his auto when they got back I said "you cost me alot of money last night" when I told him I had 33-20 he just said he was "sorry" must of thought I was a looney I looked at him smiled and laughed and said "I was glad they won but he could have dropped the ball". So go broncos and Corey Parker can score heaps of tries.

AJ IS SNORING:rolleyes:

GO THE BRONCOS!!

Getting ready to set up at my old place. (a friend of mine that i lived with for like 4 years, who lives on a fair busy road in the middle of town)

last year, we made up a sign that said 'HONK FOR THE COWBOYS' and it was a hit!! people were doing u-turns to come back just to honk again, and we were still getting honks days later, so we are following it up this year with the 'HONK FOR THE BRONCS' sign while downing a few cold ones!!

i'm a die hard Broncos fan, so my picks are as follows:

Broncos by 7
Churchill - Berrigan
1st try - Darius Boyd

CMON THE BRONCS....BRING THAT TROPHY BACK HOME WHERE IT BELONGS....NORTH OF THE TWEED!!! :D

Yep, he is the half back for the storm, and a pretty good player as well... mattyj, you'll happy to know that ive had 3 beers already today, and im yet to make a mistake on the boards yet ;)

Back
Top Bottom