Official drobfan8 vs MJ23BULLS one-on-one 2014 thread-SPOILER ALERT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thread on the internet............

Anyone from Melbourne here use to play ball on a Saturday at the old Albert park and or at the Aquatic centre when Albert Park got tore down???? Sometimes at Prahran off chapel street(next to skateboard ramp) when kids comp was on a Saturday @ Aquatic Centre and we all had nowhere to go...

Anyone remember the Black guy with the cane (Tyrell), how about Jeremy, Marty, Hani, Gary(me), Rick, Jason...???

Anyone here remember the game at the old Albert park on court 2 (the main court) where it was us Street ballers Vs Gaze and Copeland with some of the other Tigers and me and Tyrell schooled them? That game was legendary!

I dunked on Gaze twice and Tyrell destroyed Copeland in front of the U.S women Girls Olympic team....

Steve Carfino was there and saw it happen and said it was the single best game he'd ever seen and pretty much got my start with the Giants(even though I messed that up later on)...

Please tell me, there's someone here that saw it, or at least knows about?????

A 6 foot guy backing down a 6"4 guy that's played state league basketball? This I gotta see.
Take it to the other thread...(this thread)
I said, if I was bigger than you, which is clearly not the case as you are 6.4 I didn't think it would be fair for me just to use my size and back you down...
Now that I know you have the size advantage, it's up to you if you will just use your size and back me down...
It is what it is, state league is great, I'm on another level, you will find that out...

0ff49113f737f6725161e579f345863f0a8b6d82d260aca7a3726c18b760b024.jpg

Ooooohhh!!!! Grudge match!!!!

:)

Cool story.

Dunking on Gaze is still impressive even if he can't jump over paper.

Not sure when I'll get down to Melbourne next, but this would be a cool thing to do.

Oh and I'm still confident:thumbsup:

Post some pictures/videos of yourselves! We need some vital stats and vertical leaping abilities! Not going to plonk down cash on a couple of overweight bastar#s who can type faster than they can run.

Both of you guys need to enter the combine. Need to know body fat %s, height, weight, vertical, wingspan, hand size. Thanks!

Post some pictures/videos of yourselves! We need some vital stats and vertical leaping abilities! Not going to plonk down cash on a couple of overweight bastar#s who can type faster than they can run.
Then, if you survive this game without having a heart attack, I'll come down and educate the winner in streetball
Sounds like exzibit wants a piece of the winner:lol:
That's how I read it too!

Ooooohhh!!!! Grudge match!!!!

:)

Cool story.

Dunking on Gaze is still impressive even if he can't jump over paper.

Not sure when I'll get down to Melbourne next, but this would be a cool thing to do.

Oh and I'm still confident:thumbsup:

Yes, it would be good to do, I can be a jerk on the internet but in person you'll realise I'm actually very reasonable and don't sound the way I come off....Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet...

I don't mind which way a one on one match would play out, I can be a total jerk and sh!t talk the whole time whilst giving you a hiding or I can just beat you and be nice about it...lol Just joking...

Sounds like you just want to play and I'm fine with that!

A bit more of my story, if you want to know..

The Gaze game...,
Gaze is 6.7 or 6.8 I think, yes he couldn't jump that's for sure, so getting over him wasn't all that hard, the game was a grudge match in itself with us Ballers getting angry we had to leave the court for them to use, they use to practice there all the time...

We basically called them out and said you have to play us for the court!
As we were there all the time on a Saturday....

The first dunk was a tip jam over him, that was just perfect timing and Gaze forgot to jump....

I also got a breakaway dunk with Copeland trying to come over the top, but he was far too late...

The best dunk, was a baseline backdoor cut with a great lead bounce pass and Gaze got up early trying to block me...

Well, it was like it was slow motion I knew I he was there( I went up off 2 feet) and basically had a foot on him and made a mess of him, the entire place stopped dead and that dunk ended the game...

About me and my game....,

I was a hot head in my younger years and that pretty much made me a nightmare to coach, Gaze and his dad once said I was the best WASTE of talent they had ever seen...

I tried to Play with the Giants (state and named to NBL team, played preseasons) but me being me, I made trouble there too, so I was forever benched and got put in games late just to win them...
Anytime I was used in an entire game, I'd shut down my guy and dropped 40 on whoever I faced...Or get pulled out of the game becuase my coach didn't like me scoring 15 points in a minute...lol Brett Brown was my coach. 76ers head coach now. He hated me, but used me when it was needed..

I was an idiot and could have probably done very well in a league like the NBL, it wasn't until I had an injury at 21-22 I think it was and It completely changed my mindset and how I played...

I was completely humbled I couldn't do things I use to (athletically), so I focused on shooting and having a sound fadeaway....I focused on making the game easier and did things to create space so I was always open to shoot and hit or miss my own shots and not be affect by defence, think MJ-D-wade....

I have been a different player ever since, I'm a bit unfit can't jump that high anymore,(still get the ring of course) and I'm a young in mind and old in body(I'm 35)...

I only recently got back into playing ball and I figured I wouldn't have the skill I once had, well I don't know why, but the skill is there and the game seems even easier now than it use to be, I figured I wouldn't be able to dominate how I use to, but I have been able to school a lot of athletically superior guys just in the last 3 weeks that I have been back playing...

FYI, I'm getting my fitness back with the help of playing ball twice a week, so i would enjoy the challenge of playing you one on one and look forward to it!

-Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom