Official 2015-16 NBA Season Thread

A bit of a shame the only game today was an absolute butt smacking.

I hope the Spurs continue to crush these guys.

Intriguing games tomorrow. GS vs POR without Steph, wow.
I wasn't all that impressed with Portland in their series. They made a lot of mistakes and were sloppy and allowed the Clippers to hang around without putting them away. The Clippers forced the ball out of Lillard's hands and forced the role players to make shots and it really gave them a shot at winning. Even without Steph, they can win this in 6 games.

They are Charlotte. They have never been a great shooting team.

What a clutch game by the heat. Dragic was awesome.
Whiteside was ridiculous. He was altering shots, contesting shots and blocking shots. Boxscore doesn't quite show good he was in this game on the defensive end.

@exzibit3 He is Hassan Whiteside. He'll never get noticed other centers like Andre Drummond, Boogie Cousins, etc. mainly because of how his career played out up to his time at Miami (I mean, I want his jersey collection). He is one of, if not the most underrated centers in the NBA, and Miami need to make a play for him to keep his talents in South Beach.

He is a one of a kind shot blocker, and I'm interested to see how his career fares out.

@exzibit3 He is Hassan Whiteside. He'll never get noticed other centers like Andre Drummond, Boogie Cousins, etc. mainly because of how his career played out up to his time at Miami (I mean, I want his jersey collection). He is one of, if not the most underrated centers in the NBA, and Miami need to make a play for him to keep his talents in South Beach.

He is a one of a kind shot blocker, and I'm interested to see how his career fares out.

Not sure if I am alone, but I am not sold on Whiteside. If I am Miami, I try a sign and trade to get something real good while his stock is high. He is an incredible "HELP DEFENDER" not an incredible defender. The Spurs exposed his defense this year by dishing to his man in the paint and in this series he struggled on Jefferson a fair few times. I know he is good with offensive boards/put backs at times too, but there is no way I am maxing this guy out.
Its easy to read block on a stat sheet and assume they are great defenders.

This guy needs an attitude adjustment now, while being a sub $1m contract player, imagine what he will be like after he gets his money!

PG13 unable to drag the team over the line, was clearly playing the hardest of anyone though!
61/64 FT's in the series I think I seen. Needs help.

Not sure if I am alone, but I am not sold on Whiteside.
Its easy to read block on a stat sheet and assume they are great defenders.
Did you watch the game? He wasn't always engaged defensively in some games in the regular season and when he wasn't, Spoz did take him out. I watched the game and he really was exceptional defensively especially when the Heat were blowing the game wide open, and even contributed a couple of dunks to fuel the run.

Did you watch the game? He wasn't always engaged defensively in some games in the regular season and when he wasn't, Spoz did take him out. I watched the game and he really was exceptional defensively especially when the Heat were blowing the game wide open, and even contributed a couple of dunks to fuel the run.
No not this game I didn't, but I did watch the last game and saw him struggle in one on one D. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen it yet.

The Warriors are extremely lucky this postseason, now with the Blazers.

I will say though, if the rumors are true and Blazers do go after Whiteside this off season.. look out if they do sign him.

Steph Curry is injured, man those Warriors are lucky.

I don't really understand your post.

They finished no.1 in the West, which should see them play the weakest team of each round up until the Conference Finals. Their MVP is injured and they're still winning.

Steph Curry is injured, man those Warriors are lucky.

I don't really understand your post.

They finished no.1 in the West, which should see them play the weakest team of each round up until the Conference Finals. Their MVP is injured and they're still winning.
Obviously he is referring to them not having to play the Clippers with Blake and CP3

Obviously he is referring to them not having to play the Clippers with Blake and CP3
That's what I was saying, that kind of fell in their lap with LA and Portland isn't strong enough to beat them even without Curry in the majority of the series. If GS had to play the Spurs or the Thunder right now, they'd be done for.

That's what I was saying, that kind of fell in their lap with LA and Portland isn't strong enough to beat them even without Curry in the majority of the series. If GS had to play the Spurs or the Thunder right now, they'd be done for.
Agreed, but as Benny said, by earning the #1 seed, they create their own luck by ensuring they always get the lower seed through to the finals.

The Blake/CP3 injuries were created by the illuminati to make sure we get the highly anticipated Spurs vs Warriors WCF series! :thumbsup::cool:

To win a title, you need a few things going your way; health, the right matchups, skills and luck. It's just the way it is. Would Cleveland have possibly won last year had they been healthy instead of losing Love and Kyrie? Would the Spurs have won another championship if Ray didn't make that back peddling 3 pointer after a fortunate bounce for Bosh to get the offensive board? What if the ball had bounced in the opposite direction?

Still, take the best player from most teams and they struggle.
Okc did the year without Westbrook and again the year without durant.

if you're gonna face GS, playing them without Curry is a massive bonus. I think we'll see POR go a little better next game.

what a loss for SA. OKC are just so dangerous.

"On the floor, we did not see a foul on the play," lead referee Ken Mauer told a pool reporter. "However, upon review we realize and we agree we should have had an offensive foul on the play. It's a play we've never seen before, ever. We should have had an offensive foul on the play."

Back
Top Bottom