Official 2015-16 NBA Season Thread

I am still amazed by the GSW loss today? 2 loses in a row at home???? The Bulls record will not be beaten after today's loss as i can't see GSW winning both games against the Spurs over the next 2 weeks. What a shame as i have really enjoyed watching their season, Katrina.

Nah, I get it about his efficiency and he is in a Spurs offense where there's multiple guys who could be the go-to-guy on any given night. He has raised his offensive skills to get closer to his defensive skills but my question was more, has there ever been a regular season MVP who has never scored more than 35 points at that point in their career? I just can't think of anyone who would fit that. I thought maybe Steve Nash as he was a pass first guard but even he scored more than that to that point in his career.

Well Nash avgd 18 pts that season.

seriously, read the article. There's some fantastic advanced metrics in there. Lebron apparently holds the ball for nearly 5 mins per game and the next person is around 3 mins, Kawhi is like 1.8 or something crazy.

your original post made it sound like Kawhi shouldn't be in the discussion because he doesn't score 25 pts or more.

people aee talking about how Steph is the greatest shooter of all time and I agree, but then Kawhi's shooting % is very similar across the board. Amazing when you add in that he's the DPOY most likely.

The part about length of time in a possession that LeBron has vs Kawhi is a function of two things; LeBron plays the point on a lot of possessions for the Cavs especially when Kyrie was injured (you'll notice that point guards dominate the top of the list) and secondly, the Spurs don't play iso ball and the ball doesn't stick; it's always moving in the offense with passes and you hardly see any over dribbling by anyone.

your original post made it sound like Kawhi shouldn't be in the discussion because he doesn't score 25 pts or more.

I'm not sure I know of any MVP that has never scored over 35 points in his career..
Nope, never said he shouldn't be in the discussion because of that; just that I don't know of any MVP that hasn't.

On another note, did anyone catch the reversed foul call on Curry? Was called for a block but they reviewed whether he was inside the charge circle or not and reversed the call?!?
I have never seen a foul call reversed before. Has anyone else?
I assume they are using the same rule as out of bounds within the last 2 mins, but didn't think you could ever reverse a foul call??

Spurs unblemished home record is no more! Warriors tie Bulls for most wins in a season...one more to go to set a new one.

I'm hoping that Memphis can pull off an upset, because being nostalgic, I want the Bulls 96-97 team, IMO the best assembled team in basketball history, to have some part of the record since they can't hold it on their own. Those Bulls teams were great.

I'm hoping that Memphis can pull off an upset, because being nostalgic, I want the Bulls 96-97 team, IMO the best assembled team in basketball history, to have some part of the record since they can't hold it on their own. Those Bulls teams were great.
As they say, records are meant to be broken. I never thought that in my lifetime that any team would ever come close to matching that record, let alone beat it. I'd love to see them beat it and cruise through to the conference finals. If they get past that, I don't see any Eastern team winning the Finals.

I never thought that as well. Being 7 at the time they broke the record it was a bit extraordinary at the time that a team could actually win 72 games in a season, and of course they eased to a title.

I have a feeling Memphis can pull off an upset, I dunno why, I just do.

And I don't know why, but does anyone think any teams will relocate elsewhere in the next 10 years or so? I have a feeling Memphis will relocate soon. They are hardly getting much of a consistent crowd and fan base where they are, I think they'd be good in an area like Kansas City or Baltimore or Cincinnati or even back in Vancouver to get a nice fan base, culture and crowd.

Thoughts?

I am still amazed just thinking about 73 wins in a season. I think the Warriors will do it for their home fans.

Congrats to the Warriors. They deserve the record.

I understand why they went for it despite having locked up the #1 seed. If they didn't they wouldn't get the recognition as to just how dominant they have been all season.

I was on their bandwagon last season as soon as the Spurs were bounced, but I don;t know if I can this year if they meet the Spurs in the WCF. I might be too bitter :lol:
Maybe OKC will beat the Spurs in R2 and we won't need to play GSW.

I get the hype, I get the record, but some of the comments I am hearing and reading about this team is driving me nuts!!

"Draymond Green" is an MVP candidate - He is not even the most valuable on his own team, how could he possibly be the most valuable in the league???

"GSW has 3 franchise players" - What??? No, they have their franchise player, one of the best catch and shooters ever and a versatile third option.

Take Draymond or Klay out of that team and they still contend. Take Steph out and you lose. Simple!

/end rant
Bring on playoffs

Congrats to the Warriors. They deserve the record.

I understand why they went for it despite having locked up the #1 seed. If they didn't they wouldn't get the recognition as to just how dominant they have been all season.

I was on their bandwagon last season as soon as the Spurs were bounced, but I don;t know if I can this year if they meet the Spurs in the WCF. I might be too bitter :lol:
Maybe OKC will beat the Spurs in R2 and we won't need to play GSW.

I get the hype, I get the record, but some of the comments I am hearing and reading about this team is driving me nuts!!

"Draymond Green" is an MVP candidate - He is not even the most valuable on his own team, how could he possibly be the most valuable in the league???

"GSW has 3 franchise players" - What??? No, they have their franchise player, one of the best catch and shooters ever and a versatile third option.

Take Draymond or Klay out of that team and they still contend. Take Steph out and you lose. Simple!

/end rant
Bring on playoffs

Yeah man, it gets sickening, which is why a few years of winning turns almost every other supporter against your team.

The crazy thing is, Mike Wilbon on PTI had Dray Green 3rd in the MVP voting and he actually HAS a vote, it's scary. He had no love for your boy Chris Paul who has been amazing.

I got on GS to win today, they just seemed destined for it. It's not all over for the Spurs but I struggle to see how they can beat GS. At least LMA played them better.

The Playoffs are gonna be incredible though.

I would say that I can definitely see Klay as being the franchise player that teams built around if he was traded. He can't create for himself as good as Steph but in a right basketball system, he would be deadly. Draymond, I'm not sure, i don't think he's consistently a high volume scorer to be a franchise player.

In another record breaking watch, Steph is now only 8 treys away from 400 treys in a season..and he plans to keep shooting if he's close to it!

I would say that I can definitely see Klay as being the franchise player that teams built around if he was traded. He can't create for himself as good as Steph but in a right basketball system, he would be deadly. Draymond, I'm not sure, i don't think he's consistently a high volume scorer to be a franchise player.

In another record breaking watch, Steph is now only 8 treys away from 400 treys in a season..and he plans to keep shooting if he's close to it!

Meh, I don't see it with Klay, doesn't create for others enough either for my liking.

And let's face it, Curry is gonna chuck 20 bombs against Memphis to get the Oracle parted started early! lol

Yeah man, it gets sickening, which is why a few years of winning turns almost every other supporter against your team.

The crazy thing is, Mike Wilbon on PTI had Dray Green 3rd in the MVP voting and he actually HAS a vote, it's scary. He had no love for your boy Chris Paul who has been amazing.

I got on GS to win today, they just seemed destined for it. It's not all over for the Spurs but I struggle to see how they can beat GS. At least LMA played them better.

The Playoffs are gonna be incredible though.

Chris Paul can go f*** his boot! lol

I would vote for Draymond over CP3 and I don't like either of them! :lol:

Chris Paul can go f*** his boot! lol

I would vote for Draymond over CP3 and I don't like either of them! :lol:

Ha ha, I was hoping for a rise.

I never remember you being so angry in regards to bball.

Dray over CP3 is criminal though.
Do you watch games or just 90s replays? Ha ha.

Get with the times bud.

Meh, I don't see it with Klay, doesn't create for others enough either for my liking.

And let's face it, Curry is gonna chuck 20 bombs against Memphis to get the Oracle parted started early! lol

I couldn't agree more.

Best of luck to a team that wants to build around Klay. Ray Allen was never that great as the franchise guy and he was a much better player than Klay.

I couldn't agree more.

Best of luck to a team that wants to build around Klay. Ray Allen was never that great as the franchise guy and he was a much better player than Klay.
The point was not whether a team that builds around him would be successful or not. It's just that he is a franchise player type calibre if he did leave, full stop. Like the team that builds around James Harden hasn't been very successful, but is he a franchise player? Absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom