Official 2014 NBA All Star Weekend Thread - SPOILERS

All they needed to do was take those 3 winning guys at the end (George, Ross, Wall) and then have them do 2 dunks each in the traditional /50 format. So we have the 6 dunks we saw today, followed by 6 more, and a clear winner. I don't think we saw enough of guys like Paul George today. Would have loved to see PG, Wall and Ross have 2 more each at the end.

I think less is more, a tweaked version of the 2000 dunk format would be my ideal version. One dunk attempt, 3 dunks per round, no shot clock, best 2 of 3 dunks counts in the first round counted for the score, 2 players advance to Finals. Finals same deal but only two dunks this round, but you get two attempts at a dunk. The tweak is that the judges can use a lifeline only once and award a final attempt to either player to allow them to make up for a poor score after both players have completed their rounds. I hate when players attempt dunks so many times ala Nate Robinson. The excitement and anticipation is gone after the missed dunk. You don't get do overs in the middle of a game.

Agree!
First round timed Layup line to get the action going, no one trying to do the same dunk 12 times, East v West elimination, then remaining 2 or 3 dunks each judged by judges for a winner, no fan voting as it's a time limited popularity contest.

@FrankCaliendo: BREAKING:
NEW ORLEANS- Dwight Howard says he finally has the right players around him to win a championship. #NBAAllStarGame

@FrankCaliendo: The only way this Pre-game ceremony could have taken any longer is if Chris Webber had called time out.
#NBAAllStar

on track for highest scoring all star game of all time as they just passed the previous record for points in a half (157)

Half Time : West 89 - 76 East