Official 2014 NBA All Star Weekend Thread - SPOILERS

Davis does seem like a snub. but reserves are voted by the coaches and coaches generally vote for winners. so on this it's hard to kick any of of the 7 selected off the team for

Davis does seem like a snub. but reserves are voted by the coaches and coaches generally vote for winners. so on this it's hard to kick any of of the 7 selected off the team for

@AlexKennedyNBA: Anthony Davis has the NBA's fifth-best PER and DeMarcus Cousins has the sixth-best. Only KD, LeBron, Paul and Love have higher PERs. #snubs

I don't know why but I feel like Parker shouldn't be there this year. He has not been up to standard IMO, I feel like he has been quietly achieving this year instead of taking over some games like he did last year.
Not sure you could take him out for a Centre though!

I think coaches heard about Davis being in the rising stars game and thought they could leave him out of the ASG because he still gets a game!?!

I hope it makes him go even harder next year to stick it to them.
D Cuz is a big baby so I'm glad he didn't make it. lol

Dragic instead of Parker
&
Anthony Davis should take Kobes place.

I couldn't agree more, Parker should be out, hard to have no spurs when they're still a very good team though. They've nailed the Dirk pick.

I was shocked to see jo Johnson, he will bring no entertainment whatsoever, yuck, but I'm glad they didn't stoop to Stephenson.

How did AD miss out? He kills Dwight.

I couldn't agree more, Parker should be out, hard to have no spurs when they're still a very good team though. They've nailed the Dirk pick.

I was shocked to see jo Johnson, he will bring no entertainment whatsoever, yuck, but I'm glad they didn't stoop to Stephenson.

How did AD miss out? He kills Dwight.

JJ will just hit the game winner :lol:

People whinging about no Kyle Lowry or Lance Stephenson?
Who the hell wants to watch Kyle Lowry in an all star game?! Not me!
And Lance Stephenson? Anyone see the way he was going on the other day in the Kings game against Quincy Acy? Knob. Sticking out his leg to try and trip him over, sly little head butts. And refs seen none of it.

And Lance Stephenson? Anyone see the way he was going on the other day in the Kings game against Quincy Acy? Knob. Sticking out his leg to try and trip him over, sly little head butts. And refs seen none of it.

JJ will not be on the court:)

Lowry is more exciting than JJ and is more deserved.

Lol got the Nets goggles on I see! Lowry deserves it more, exciting or not!

Lol got the Nets goggles on I see! Lowry deserves it more, exciting or not!

Not really, it depends in what your idea of all star game is - players who have been playing the best (in terms of production) or players that are the most entertaining. Or a combination of both? Playing good but team needs to have a winning record? What is the criteria? It's like getting in the Hall of Fame, not clear.

Lowry has been solid this season but no one wants to see him in the All Star game! IMO he doesn't deserve to be an all star.

Joe Johnson is a scorer from way back and has the most clutch shots in the last 5 years. Having said that, There's likely someone who I'd put in the game over him! I only voted for him a few times out of my 30 I think.

I like the idea of more entertainment value in the all-star game than strictly "deserving" players based on production.

Let's hypothetically do East PER leaders v West PER leaders (disregarding position for now since it virtually is that in the game)

East

Lebron
Brook Lopez
Carmelo
Al Horford
Paul George
Al Jefferson
Drummond
Wade
Bosh
Lowry
Millsap
Henson
Kyrie

West

Durant
CP3
Love
Davis
Cousins
Dirk
Aldridge
Curry
Griffin
Brandan Wright ( ! ) lol
Dragic
Westbrook
Duncan

doesn't look too bad? maybe this is how they should do it. A few too many big guys actually maybe.

Rookies PER leaders

East

Raduljica
Carter-Williams
Mason Plumlee
Tim Hardaway Jr
Nate Wolters
Oladipo

West

Trey Burke
Steven Adams
Ryan Kelly
Robbie Hummel
Shane Larkin
Ben McLemore

Not really, it depends in what your idea of all star game is - players who have been playing the best (in terms of production) or players that are the most entertaining. Or a combination of both? Playing good but team needs to have a winning record? What is the criteria? It's like getting in the Hall of Fame, not clear.

Lowry has been solid this season but no one wants to see him in the All Star game! IMO he doesn't deserve to be an all star.

Joe Johnson is a scorer from way back and has the most clutch shots in the last 5 years. Having said that, There's likely someone who I'd put in the game over him! I only voted for him a few times out of my 30 I think.

In each of those criteria, Lowry beats out JJ, his stats are better, his team is better and is more entertaining, but with Derozan already in I guess they didn't want to give them two.

JJ, is a horrible pick and has no right being there this year. I'd rather Pierce over JJ, at least he'd try to dunk it.

I actually think Al Jeff shoudl feel hard done by, he's played amazing of late and is still a tough match up. His moves are nice. Hard to leave out Hibbert and I'm a huge fan of Noah though.

In each of those criteria, Lowry beats out JJ, his stats are better, his team is better and is more entertaining, but with Derozan already in I guess they didn't want to give them two.

JJ, is a horrible pick and has no right being there this year. I'd rather Pierce over JJ, at least he'd try to dunk it.

I'd disagree with him being more entertaining, can't stand watching Lowry. I'd rather watch DeRozan for sure.
Again, even though the East is weak, not sure how Joe got in. They could have picked an exciting outside selection and surprise people.

As a totally unbiased :whistle: Pacers fan I have gotta say that Stephenson was robbed. How do you lead the league in a particular Category and NOT get into the All-Star Team. It clearly has little to do with production, otherwise how has JJ got in, so it must still have a "Personality" component to the decision making process. It should be noted that Stephenson is one of those guys who you love to have on your team, and if he is not on your team then you hate him, but his intensity and more importantly his improvement this year should have been rewarded with an All-Star berth. Oh well, he will just have to settle for an NBA Most Improved Player Award and (hopefully) a Championship Ring at the end of the season instead, although in an ideal universe JJ strains an ankle in the next two weeks and needs to be replaced.

And in the West, dont get me started on Anthony Davis's snubbing, that is an absolute disgrace and how Parker made it in over Dragic is another injustice. Parker has made it this year on name value alone, as Dragic's stats have been far superior, and I agree with Adam's comments earlier, Parker has not been as good this year as he has in the past. So who replaces Kobe? Hopefully in a perfect world Davis replaces Kobe and Dragic gets in for an injured Chris Paul, at least that way they all get the acknowledgement of a great season (or career in Kobe's case)

Back
Top Bottom