Number Plates " THE SLR "

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruntyblue

bruntyblue
Real Name
Robert
Just wondering what our esteemed members think these will sell for, I am helping out a mate and selling them on ebay for him, starting price he wants to start at is $5.500 AU. These are Vic Roads compliant and come with all the paperwork, he still has them in his name (have not been on a car for 2 yrs). offered me 10% of final price as commission, and will pay all fee's including the VALUE ADDED fee if the item sells, heres a pic of the plates.

theslr.jpg

When they are listed I will post a link to the auction so members can keep an eye on it. Advised him to list for 10 days:D
I think they maybe a very hot item.
Rob

Might be worth getting Vic Roads to re-issue some new ones before putting them on the bay. I know the new owners can do it themselves but if it doesn't cost too much i think it would be worth it.

Find the right buyer, and it'll sell for a mint.

My boss brought a number plate for his new (2nd hand) car. It's "1". Nothing else.

Paid $1000 for it, and reconds he can sell for a mint.

A guy down here in Tas, brought 100 different plates, in hope that he can re-sell later on. Crazy crazy market the Number Plates.

well SLR could also refer to the Torana, the SLR 5000

all those old muscle cars are worth a bomb now and i wouldnt be surprised if someone shelled out decent money to match plates to their car. i would be interested to see what they go for.

you should see some of the cars, they go for phenomenal prices. i had a Valiant Charger and sold it to my old man for $4k 5 years ago (admittedly prob worth another 2.5k but wanted to keep it in the family) and last year someone off the street offered him $25k for it.

unfortunately the mercedes benz-mclaren slr isnt sold in australia, so it has no meaning. would mean more to the muscle car guys

I've been wracking my brains but what in the world is so good about SLR??? (Forgive my ignorance, I have little or no car interest savce a couple of F1 results...)

for some people the SLR or even just the Holden Torana in general is something of a 'Cult' car in their minds??

a mate of mine had a bright orange 71 LJ Torana XU1 as his first car!! was so cool......bored out 186 motor, Hornet scoop, Dragway rims....man it was sweet!! :thumbsup:

and it looks like Holden may be bringing back the Torana too.....check the latest Motor magazine...they look pretty damn sweet!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom