NRL TTM autograph successes.

Rekless

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
Super_cooper07
I’ve sent out a few TTM (through the mail) autograph requests lately to the clubs.

I’ll use this post to update my returns.

James Tedesco- 17 day return- signed 5/5 cards.

Stephen Crichton- 17 day return- signed 3/3 cards.

Hope I’ll have some successes and more to show soon.

IMG_5616.jpeg

IMG_5615.jpeg

Received back cards I sent to Joseph Tapine unsigned with a letter from the Raiders saying that don’t accept items for signing. It also said if I want an autograph to become a member and attend a fan day.

Ah well you win some you lose some.

Today was a win, my daughter is a huge panthers and especially Nathan Cleary fan. I sent a few cards and a photo my daughter had taken with Cleary to the Panthers.

I received a package back from the Panthers with a note saying that players were unable to sign multiple items, but Nathan was happy to sign my daughters photo and that they added a few items for her.

In the package were 2x 2023 membership caps, 4x keyrings, 4x membership stickers, and a stationary pack and pencil case.

She’s over the moon.

Today brought a return from James Tamou.

He signed 5/5 cards that I sent- I received them back 24 days after sending them.

Every request I send out, I include a few questions for the player. Mr Tamou not only answered the questions but also wrote a thank you letter in return.

Incase you can’t read my chicken scratch writing the questions are-

Q. What is your greatest career achievement?
A. 300 Games in NRL and 2015 premiership

Q. Who was your toughest opponent?
A. Petero Civonecieva

Q. Who was the best player you played with?
A. Jonathon Thurston

Q. Best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Don’t waste time and energy on things you can’t control.

Q. If you could change one rule in the NRL what would it be?
A. Bring back shoulder charge.

IMG_5669.jpeg

IMG_5671.jpeg

Today brought a return from James Tamou.

He signed 5/5 cards that I sent- I received them back 24 days after sending them.

Every request I send out, I include a few questions for the player. Mr Tamou not only answered the questions but also wrote a thank you letter in return.

Incase you can’t read my chicken scratch writing the questions are-

Q. What is your greatest career achievement?
A. 300 Games in NRL and 2015 premiership

Q. Who was your toughest opponent?
A. Petero Civonecieva

Q. Who was the best player you played with?
A. Jonathon Thurston

Q. Best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Don’t waste time and energy on things you can’t control.

Q. If you could change one rule in the NRL what would it be?
A. Bring back shoulder charge.

IMG_5669.jpeg

IMG_5671.jpeg
Love the bring back shoulder charge. Wonder how many players feel the same

Today was a win, my daughter is a huge panthers and especially Nathan Cleary fan. I sent a few cards and a photo my daughter had taken with Cleary to the Panthers.

I received a package back from the Panthers with a note saying that players were unable to sign multiple items, but Nathan was happy to sign my daughters photo and that they added a few items for her.

In the package were 2x 2023 membership caps, 4x keyrings, 4x membership stickers, and a stationary pack and pencil case.

She’s over the moon.
That is sensational!

Another fantastic return today, my greatest return ever.

Andrew Johns returned 6/6 signed cards and answered my questionnaire.

Request was sent on 18/01 and received 07/03

Super happy with this one. He was my favourite player when I was a kid.

Questionnaire says-

Q. What was your favourite stadium to play at?
A. Newcastle or Suncorp

Q. Who was your greatest coach?
A. Warren Ryan

Q. What do you think is your greatest career achievement?
A. Winning comps for Newcastle

Q. If you could change one NRL rule, what would it be?
A. Only 12 players on the field, take a player off.

IMG_5697.jpeg

IMG_5698.jpeg

I’m wondering how the recent postage increase will affect my returns. I have about 25 requests out all with $1.20 return postage on them.

I received some cards today with $1.20 stamps on them,but the cards were in envelopes. If you put the $1.20 stamps on small padded bags, you might have a problem. Good luck with your chase.🙂👍

I received some cards today with $1.20 stamps on them,but the cards were in envelopes. If you put the $1.20 stamps on small padded bags, you might have a problem. Good luck with your chase.🙂👍
I only ever use envelopes when sending requests, found it lead to greater success. Fingers crossed they still arrive.

I’ve had some requests I’ve sent out take over a year to come back, guess that’s what makes the hobby so interesting.

Back
Top Bottom