Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Richo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
Richo75
Hi guys, As most of you would know I am more into AFL than NRL but I was invited into a "Free" NRLTipping competition with prizes so I joined !

To be honest up until now I have gone pretty crap (I missed my tips for the 2nd Round as well), I have managed to get up into 8th spot (out of 46) and I am only 4 tips off the lead (which is good for me) so I was wondering if some people with more idea than me coulod help out week from week.

The tips I am struggling with this week are (home Team first):

St George Dragons v Gold Coast Titans
Manly Sea-Eagles v Broncos

If you can be bothered please reply with your vote and reasons
Thanks in advance

Firstly you have the Manly/Brisbane game around the wrong way, Manly are at home.

I voted for Manly and St.George.

My reasons are:.....

Manly are at home and Brisbane are not playing very well. Also, State Of Origin is next week and, from memory, those players selected are usually held out of the club game before SOO, so Manly will probably be missing two players, but Brisbane could be missing 5 or 6.

St.George are also at home, but they are playing at WIN stadium in Wollongong. Gold Coast had a shocker losing to the bottom placed Roosters this weekend. They maybe missing a couple of players for SOO. St.George have a very good record at Wollongong, but they will be without a couple of SOO players too.

HTH

Cheers
Rick

Ahh well picked up blackwind (I edited my post) and thanks for your tips !
Now I know Manly are at home that makes that tip a bit easier :)

Ahh well picked up blackwind (I edited my post) and thanks for your tips !
Now I know Manly are at home that makes that tip a bit easier :)

Well I hope thats right. Since I posted I have been to my tipping site and they say Brisbane are at home, and I went to another site who also say Brisbane are at home. However the official NRL site says Manly are at home. SO maybe keep your eye out in the next couple of days for a confirmation that Manly are at home.

Cheers
Rick

I picked the Sea Eagles and Titans. The way the Broncos are playing at the moment, they won't beat Manly no matter where they play. Add to that the fact that Origin players will probably be held out, and Broncos are pretty much no chance. They SHOULD be without Lockyer, Karmichael, Hodges, their three biggest attacking weapons, and I think also Berrigan, (another big part), and possible Carroll and Cino. Manly are looking to be without Jamie Lyon (hasn't done as much as advertised anyway), and Brent Kite, but will have a fresh Orford and Scott Donald, who both should've puched for Origin jumpers, as well as an unspectacular but solid forward pack, and a few other potential game-changers.

As for the Dragons/Titans game, both teams had a shocker, but I think over the year the Titans have been better, and will still have Prince, who will be after a big game to show up the QLD selectors, Friend, who's been quite a find for them, and should do well around the ruck when the big Dragons forwards tire, Jake Webster, who hasn't sparkled much yet, but could ignite any time, and once again, even with out Bailey a solid pack. St George do have a few exciting players, but missing Ryles and Matty Cooper for the Origin, and not having Gaz, of course, I'm not convinced they have enough. But this game could go either way, as neither team has been playing noticably above the other in the last couple of weeks... But I'd still go Manly and Titans, personally...

Yeah, sorry mate. Meant to say Brett Stewart. For some reason, I always mix up those 2 names, which is weird, coz they're nothing alike... And now with Glen Stewart in there, it confuses me again! :lol:

Scott Donald hasn't played for Manly for a couple of years now. You must mean someone else.

Cheers
Rick

Richo

Manly & Titans

Im a Broncos fan.... & for a fact.... Brisbane NEVER wins at Brookie.... (that is the only Sydney ground I have not been attended to see the brons play).....

As for the Titans... Im only tipping them because Laffanchi would be peeved not making the Origin team.... & hence will have a great game....

*disclaimer*, I am having a shocker in tipping this yr & even my wife is kicking my butt in tipping.. hehehe

As a Dragons fan I have to say, they have SUCKED ALL YEAR.... but did beat the Titans in QLD so on that form would MAYBE pick Dragons.

Manly to beat Brisbane.

Thanks for the help guys....Dragons it is !
Will see what I get stuck with next week and ask you all again (lol) ;)

Back
Top Bottom