Nominate your breakout season player/s!

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Who do you think is going to have a great next season?

Doesn't have to be Most Improved Player!

I'm watching a few players who could have good ones:

Maurice Harkless
Kyle O'Quinn
Kyle Anderson
Ray McCallum
Gordon Hayward
Aaron Gordon
Rodney Hood
Spencer Dinwiddie
Cory Joseph
Anthony Bennett
Michael Carter-Williams
Alec Burks

Who you got?

Ingles:)

Had like 17, 16 15, 14pt games in his last 5-6 games last season.

Once he starts taking more shots, he could average 16-17ppg

Kevin Love.

That may sounds crazy as he is a multiple time All-Star, I know, but all signs point to Kev being one of the most improved players this upcoming season.

We all see in the final stages of the regular season last season and in the Boston series how he was finally starting to blend in with the Big 3 and was creating a nice groove for himself. With hopefully a close to full off-season under his belt, granted the shoulder is ready, which by all accounts will seem to be the case for the most part, Love is primed to get back to his All-Star form. The multiple conversations his had with LeBron over the off-season indicate both parties are willing to make this work and Coach Blatt will be prepared to get Love more touches on the elbow and better utilise his abilities. Also, with Kyrie out for the first portion of the season, it makes Love the second option and hence, more touches. This will also finally allow us to witness the unstoppable concept of a LBJ/Love pick and roll/pop, which will be a nightmare to defend.

Also, if the Cavs roll with Shumpert in the starting line-up instead of J.R, it will open up more shots in the starting line-up, shots that Love will be able to take and use to his advantage. Starting Mozgov also will help cover some defensive deficiencies in Love's game.

With hopefully a full bill of health to begin the season (remember his constant back injuries all of last season), Love will be back at All-Star form. He averaged 20 and 9 on 2 days rest last season, proving that when healthy and fresh last season, he was still as good as ever. His rebounding is still elite as well.

Aaron Gordon
Rodney Hood
Marcus Smart
Khris Middleton
Rudy Gobert - we've seen a solid sample size, now get ready for the real thing!

But to me, Doug McDermott seems like the most logical choice.

I was watching McDermott and Stauskas last season. Doug Injured and Stauskas already traded - not great starts

I was watching McDermott and Stauskas last season. Doug Injured and Stauskas already traded - not great starts

Very true, but Thibs has never played rookies (the same way phil Jackson didn't) so his opportunities were very limited. Factor in a better offensive system and once healthy Doug has no reason why he can't improve

TJ Warren--if he gets the minutes I like this guy to be a poor mans Melo
Reggie Jackson--has already showed glimpses of putting up big numbers but now will
Zach Lavine--showed glimpses--lets hope he starts and if so watch out
Marcus Smart---depending on how well he mends and if he plays big minutes in their guard rotation
and am hopeful on these guys---carter Williams if he learns to shoot, aaron Gordon, mo harkless, otto porter, roy hibbert--don't laugh, but a new environment and new team mates could equal a solid season for the big fella

This is a nomination for player that will have a shocking year---- james harden, why? He's started dating a Kardashian, those women have head fucked 2 players so far, james will be number 3, can't believe he married the cow, the money for odem stopped coming in and she went running out

Dark horse candidate but Jeremy Lamb is playing for his career and reunited in Charlotte with Kemba Walker.

Kyle O'Quinn is a hard worker and provides rim protection and rebounding on a razor thin Knick frontcourt rotation. Similar situation for Derrick Williams if the Knicks play some small-ball instead, could really thrive in the triangle with the matchup problems he can present.

Mason Plumlee
will be THE big man for the Blazers this year, 15 and 8 - you heard it here first.

I'm sure there are others, just some guys who popped into my head...

Not sure where Mo Harkless is getting all the votes of confidence from, has potential defensively no doubt but pretty limited offence.

Agree with Fleer 57 on everyone accept Aminu, dude is more athlete than skill.

Throw in Oladipo who will befit from USAB, Donald Sloan with increased opportunity for the Nets and don't be surprised if Kendall Marshall is a contender for the league lead in assists, provided someone In Philly besides Okafor can hit some shots for him

Tim Hardaway Jr, the Atlanta system will allow him to flourish, also agree with McCullum, McBuckets, O'Quinn and Porter. Middleton needs to justify the faith in that huge contract, also expect Vonleh to get more opportunity and see some growth,

Back
Top Bottom