Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

lockymac

Graded Mint 10 by GEM!!!
Real Name
Lachlan
eBay User
lockymac
With the upcoming release of National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Nicholas Cage is once again in the spotlight.

Twice nominated for the Best Actor Academy Award, Cage seems to polarise audiences - he is either loved or loathed.

Is Cage one of the best actors of his time (see his performance in Leaving Las Veags), or is he a chump who often disappoints (seee The Wicker Man, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Snake Eyes etc).

I'll let the voting public of Ozcards decide....

Nick Cage has done some of my fav movies of all time THE ROCK, FACE/OFF and 8MM...hes also done some garbage such as it could happen to you and bringing out the dead aswell asthe ones mentioned above, but for The Rock alone, hes a legend in my book

Also, Raising Arizona and The Family Man were both also good movies

no H in Nicolas Cage :p

so many good movies... each with their own personal appeal
Bringing Out The Dead (can't go past any Scorcese)
8MM (dark and gritty roles such as this is where Cage excels, look for a brief appearance from my avatar in the climactic scene)
Adaptation (not sure which i enjoy more, Jonze's directing, Kaufman's writing, or Cage's ability to play the most inidentical identical twins ever)
Leaving Las Vegas (has there ever been a more convincing alcoholic portrayed on film?)
Gone In 60 Seconds (... at least it wasn't The Fast and the Furious)
Snake Eyes (a fun and underrated thriller)
Vampire's Kiss (not particularly good, but Cage is at his eccentric best)
City Of Angels (a remarkably good romance film)
Face/Off (Cage+Travolta+Woo=fun)
Amos & Andrew (as with Cage, i'll watch Samuel L. Jackson in anything)

wouldn't that also put michael jackson in the same catagory?

:lol: He was a legend in the earlier days! Who knows what happened after that?!?!?!?

back to Cage, i reckon he's not quite a legend, but definately not a loser or anything. he's done some top movies. loved con air!

wouldn't that also put michael jackson in the same catagory?

There's no proof that anything ever took place....:p

And as for Cage well....he has been in some excellent movies and he has also made some dud choices. I think he has been lucky enough to be in some well-made movies...but I don't really consider him to be a great actor. He's a bit like Bruce Willis...they always seem to play similar characters.

Adaptation and bringing out the dead are two of my fave movies. for pur acting ability,watch these two movies, hes amazing. even his good action stuff is awesome, i can always revisit con air or face off. his bad stuff is horrible horrible horrible though:

national treasure
wicker man
family man
cpt corellis mandolin
ghost rider
windtalkers
and the list goes on...

nice taste there JZA

i dont really buy the "he always plays the same characters bit" for bruce willis or nic cage

i defy anyone to think of some better actors from this generation than nicolas cage... edward norton doesn't count. he is the master

There's no proof that anything ever took place....:p

And as for Cage well....he has been in some excellent movies and he has also made some dud choices. I think he has been lucky enough to be in some well-made movies...but I don't really consider him to be a great actor. He's a bit like Bruce Willis...they always seem to play similar characters.

So Lisa Presley saying they were intimate is not enough proof?? lol

City of Angels all time great romance movie.

Back
Top Bottom