NFL Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS)

Yes, but historically in the NFL you dont lose your starting spot due to injury... The safe play would have been to give Smith back the starting qb job and no one could argue... instead he took the high risk-high reward play and gave Kaep the job even with smith was healthy... if it didn't work, there would be a lot of pissed of people in SF... Now they play off in the SB

Nice tweet from Russell Wilson making the rounds. "Congratulations to the @49ers & @Kaepernick7 for making the Super Bowl! Go win it for the NFC". It's really hard to not like this guy!

Go Ravens.... Do it for Ray :thumbsup:

ps - any one still hatin on Harbaugh for benching Smith??? Gotta give the guy credit... greatest coaching move ever... As much as I want the Ravens to win... gotta tip my hat for this gutsy call... no room for "love ins" and sentiment in the NFL... it's all about winning

It was a brillant move! I can completely understand why he done it too. I think the injury to Smith was the opening Harbaugh was looking for to start Kaepernick. He is the future at QB not Smith.

But, I still feel bad for Smith! He is a great game manager at QB and does not get a lot of the respect he deserves. I would love to see him in the Silver and Black especially with the new OC changing back to the Power Running game which worked so well last season instead of the Zone Blocking, one cut system that McFadden was just not very good at.

Nice tweet from Russell Wilson making the rounds. "Congratulations to the @49ers & @Kaepernick7 for making the Super Bowl! Go win it for the NFC". It's really hard to not like this guy!
Yeah and he hangs out with Turtle from Entourage, so he can't be too bad ! ;-)

Marcell Reece been added to the Pro Bowl - the now one and only Raider! About time he got a little recognition, but I guess being a FB is as much of a thankless job as there can be in the NFL.

Whoa, what an ugly mess all that stuff is. Brother Ray's got a few skeletons, in and out of the closet. Still, the comments were childishly reactive and completely unnecessary. I don't care about any of this stuff really, I just wanna watch the Superbowl (got the day off work by the way).:D

What did she say? Something about being a killed I'd guess

I cannot remember the exact comments, but I believe involved Lewis being a murderer and having 6 kids with 4 different woman, questioning how Lewis can be considered a role model.

A random bit of info: Flacco has won more Playoff road games than any other QB ever.

An underrated QB who may finally get some credit! It's also interesting that he is going to be a Free Agent after this season (swipe him up Raiders :whistle:) and has not made a whimper or moan about not having a Contract past this season.

The Walrus is going to try for a NFL comeback...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...cus-russell-preps-for-nfl-comeback-at-308-lbs

Not only was he too overweight to be a starter (at one stage he reported in to a Raiders training camp with only 2 DT being heavier - yes he weighed more than the OL blocking for him) but he does not have the mindset or hardwork needed to be a NFL starting QB. I don't think his comeback will last long at all.

He destroyed the raiders franchise for years and was so bad that when Pryor wanted to wear #2 when he was drafted, he was denied because that was the number of Russell and AD (plus Hugh Jackson the coach at the time) didn't want anyone else to be wearing that number like it was cursed!

Back
Top Bottom