New to the game.

JayR

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrod
Hey people,
How ya'll doin? Gotta question as I'm new to card modern basketball card collecting, what brand packets/boxes have you found do you have the most success with??
I haven't collected since the 90s and only have cards from back then, so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Jay.

Hey man! Welcome!

It's all Panini these days for NBA cards. Upper Deck do / did college and Leaf does photoshopped out jerseys.

Apart from that, it really depends on your budget and what looks most appealing to you!

Hey man! Welcome!

It's all Panini these days for NBA cards. Upper Deck do / did college and Leaf does photoshopped out jerseys.

Apart from that, it really depends on your budget and what looks most appealing to you!

Thanks for the welcome man, yeah from what I've seen it's panini every where. So I'll need to get onto it.

Welcome to the forum Jay.
Basically pick a player you like and do some searches on ebay, will give you an idea of what product is available.
Panini Flawless is a great product and probably not a bad place to start.

Hey Outlaw,
Thanks for the welcome, I love CP3, Blake Griffin and PG13 these days, but like a lot of people Jordans the one who got me into basketball.
I'll do some research thanks for the tips.

Pick a player you love and collect the rarest ones possible you can afford. Think about whether you want to squirrel the cards away in the dark in folders or proudly display them. Then you know how many cards you have space for and hence which ones to go for :)

Me? Just the rare ones and the pretty ones now. Space is at a premium when you have hundreds of autos :rofl:

Being a 90's fan, you'll find a lot of the players you like from that era are still have cards produced in current Panini products. So you can have a good blend of 90's and modern players stuff to pick up.

Back
Top Bottom