New Member - NFL and NBA Collector along with NFL Fan

Naidan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
naidan1
Hey all,

Collector from along time back in the early to mid 90's of NFL and NBA when the hobby was huge. I felt I had to give up due to the cost of my cardboard addiction at the time, being the poor university student that I was :( but am now older, wiser and have a lot more disposable income so looking to start collecting again, within moderation.

My intention is to start on NFL which was always my prefered american sport and slowly look into some NBA cards. I am also a huge South Sydney fan so also thinking of collecting NRL cards.

The idea behind collecting is to buy 1-2 boxes per set that I have targeted to complete the set, inserts, auto's and patches would be welcome of course but I am not going to throw money at the hobby searching for that hit / rush of getting that one special card (that is what got me in trouble in the first place). The other idea is that collecting will allow me a more thorough understanding of todays players.

As such any suggestions for products from 2010 onwards, I will start catching up on older sets later, that are under US$100 per box and provide both good looking cards as well as inserts etc would be greatly appreciated.

I do love some of the cheaper sets as well, NFL Score and Topps retail for example, just for the fun of it so I will be buying some boxes of those as well.

Anyway, that is my introduction and I am sure you will see my posts around :)

G'day Paul, sounds like you've re-sparked your interest in collecting, way to go!

This place has come a long way since I started out on here, you'll be sure to run into plenty of guys (and gals?) who'll point you in the right direction for collecting new-age stuff.

Back
Top Bottom