New ebayers! What do y'all think?

Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
Just been doing my daily search of MJ's on OZ ebay and have noticed lots of new sellers have popped up with strange postage prices and descriptions. Her are some examples to check out:

Check the postage cost in the tiem description?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8716526203&fromMakeTrack=true

Now this is a card I need, but do I bid due to the fact the postage is insane for 1 card?

Now take a look at this guys item list.

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZcard_shark007QQhtZ-1

Does he have heaps of Active leader cards or has he stuffed up? Seen him list stuff before and the pictures have not worked. He seems to list the item, then about 2 days later he adds a photo.

Just wonderin what you guys think about this, personally I have contacted members like these to give them advice or assistance on how they should market their product. They will all just be wasting fees on items that will never sell.

That is just plain wrong. Plus he can have his account cancelled by ebay, as from memory, you are not allowed to discriminate in price if paying by deposit or paypal (plus postage is unreasonable).

As Tezza would say, tell him to find an orifice of a furry animal, and start thrusting those hips!!!!!

As Daryl Kerrigan would say - "Tell him he's dreamin'"

Emailed the first seller and she says it is due to "handling"...24K gloves maybe!

"Welcome to my auctions!
Payment & Postage (within Australia)
Via bank deposit: $5.50..............$5.00 per additional card ending on same day
Via paypal: $7.00................$5.00 per additional card ending on same day
Return Policy
If you are not happy with the item or item is not as described, I offer a 100% money back (less postage & handling) guaranteed."

What if we pay with cash, or in person? lol.

Also, if we decided to return it, we'd have to pay postage to send the card back, why wouldnt they refund our original postage?

Or we could charge them $8 postage (for handling of course).....

Report him. You are not allowed to charge extra for a person to pay via paypal.

Also, I'd buy a card, and wait for postage costs (when it arrives), and file a claim then, especially if it's sent in an envelope and 50c stamp, with no protection.

The maximum fairest p&h with Australia would be $3. Postage would be $1.00 (in bubble mailer) and 90c for the mailer (assuming they single buy). What do others reckon is fair price for postage AND handling (which can allow for ebay/paypal fees)?

I hate the "handling" description in any times.

Only charge what Aust Post charge....

however, I've started using a different way, rather than sending as a letter, send as a small envelope. It's like $2.70 or something, and you get a receipt that shows the post code it was sent to.

This is helpful for ppl saying "when did you post it" if you've sold heaps of shit.

Annoying isn't it.

Heres what I'm thinking, I need that Jordan card and I probably would pay $15 for it, but just don't want to encourage that sort of selling becuase if I do get it I'm saying what they are doing is ok!

Nobody else has an MJ Jerry West Selects insert do they! :lol:

well, its disturbing for hobby collector.
but, if u know the s/h fees that expensive, y dont u bother to watch or buy the card? there are so many sellers in US/other countries sell MJ Jerry West Selects, just browse ebay (worldwide) and u'll find one .
i got the complete set, and i believe lippo got the set as well.

If you get it, ensure you get at least $3-$4 of postage. Anything less, complain about postage fees.

I asked a seller in US who was charging $14.95 for postage. He broke down the costs, which made me a little happier, but like you, I'm not keen on the high postage.

He broke it down to $9 Large Mailers (as opposed to $5 small mailer everyone else uses) plus about $1 fee to send (standard charge) , $2.50 (Screwdown - OK, if he insists) & about $2 insurance.

See if you can get the seller to break down his costs.

I am in the process of getting a VISA debit card (next 2 weeks), thanks to all you guys, so maybe I should wait to use US ebay?

Back
Top Bottom