Need help with a paypal dispute.

Real Name
Bainy
eBay User
rumble_the_bison
So I sold a Paul Pierce Exquisite card like OVER 2 months ago. Today, I checked my paypal to go pay for something and get this:

'The buyer filed a chargeback with their credit or debit card issuer, stating that the charge for this transaction was unauthorised.
The card issuer, not PayPal, will decide if the chargeback is valid. While the case is investigated, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds.
If you think this chargeback is unwarranted, we can help you submit a case to the card issuer.
To respond, please click Resolve within ten days of the date the chargeback was filed.'

Anybody dealt with this before?

These are the options I'm given btw, so I could be in a bit of a shit :(
I can provide proof of shipment in accordance with the Unauthorised Payments Policy.
I can provide evidence other than proof of shipment.
I can provide proof that I refunded the payment for this transaction.
I will accept liability for this transaction.

Did you keep your receipt from the post office?
Was there a set shipping price if it was overseas postage you could possibly try and use your bank records as the shipping+packaging price would be unique to that transaction.
Was there a tracking number or proof of delivery?

Did you keep your receipt from the post office?
Was there a set shipping price if it was overseas postage you could possibly try and use your bank records as the shipping+packaging price would be unique to that transaction.
Was there a tracking number or proof of delivery?
Nup, this was over 2 months ago and I just sent it normally with stamps from home.

Unless you have a receipt or tracking details, it may be hard to prove...

Did you sell it on Ebay?​
If so, did the buyer leave feedback?​

I sold it on eBay, the buyer didn't leave any feedback.

There are dirty mongrels out there that make false claims after receiving the goods based upon postage methods. I've said it before and I'll say it again - always make them sign for the goods (registered/tracking number) - it's the only way to confirm delivery and protect yourself.

Sorry to hear you have fallen victim to this scam Bainy.

There are dirty mongrels out there that make false claims after receiving the goods based upon postage methods. I've said it before and I'll say it again - always make them sign for the goods (registered/tracking number) - it's the only way to confirm delivery and protect yourself.

Unfortunately your not even protected using registered or tracking because people can still claim that the package was empty and it has happened a few times that we have seen on here, It's at the point now that you have to make a mini movie of the whole process from packing to sending.

This is why I will no longer sell overseas or through Ebay, It's not worth the risk on high end cards anymore.

I wouldn't just cop that!
For the 'card issuer' to be the one claiming unauthorised use, and the fact that PayPal are NOT the ones deciding if it was legit or not, means that PayPal are the ones at fault! Not you

PayPal are the ones who debited the Card, not you.

For the purchase to be 'unauthorised' it would have to be that the account had the card linked to the account prior to payment, so the security of the PayPal account is the only thing that could allow an unauthorised payment!

If paypal don't cough up, threaten legal action! I would

I wouldn't just cop that!
For the 'card issuer' to be the one claiming unauthorised use, and the fact that PayPal are NOT the ones deciding if it was legit or not, means that PayPal are the ones at fault! Not you

PayPal are the ones who debited the Card, not you.

For the purchase to be 'unauthorised' it would have to be that the account had the card linked to the account prior to payment, so the security of the PayPal account is the only thing that could allow an unauthorised payment!

If paypal don't cough up, threaten legal action! I would

I don't have time for that :(

I knew i saw this thread recently, and have been looking into it a little.

but basically, from my experience with merchant facilities ( credit card /eftpos etc) and swiped someones card or took a phone or online payment, It is up to me as the merchant to make sure that the card is not stolen, Ie signatures match or get the security code etc. if i dont then i can be held liable for the transaction.
So from what i can see when paypal do this, they are taking a payment from someone by card. giving you the money, then the card owner is saying they did not authorize the transaction (IE saying the card was stolen/misused without there consent),

but my understanding is PAYPAL are the ones that have accepted the stolen/fraudulent transaction and should be held responsible!
now i know they wont give into this easy, as there policy does say it is at your own risk,

Back
Top Bottom