NBL Finals Game 2

its over, tiges are the champs in '06, no way kings are comin back now!

like the soup nazi would say,

"NO 4-PEAT FOR YOU!!!" :lol:

Yes Magic!

The Pies and the Tigers!

I love it :D :D :D

Hope its the begining of a new dynasty for both clubs...

ok maybe a bit of a call there on the Pies.. lol :shock:

I dont watch much NBL, and this finals games gave me ammunition to never go back...

how one sided and soft were the refs?

Jasons Smiths 5th foul, he barely touches the man, sure it was stupid, but even in social leagues I dont see that called. Barlow then had one later too...soft as.

CJ gets the ball, Stiff runs into him, corks his leg, CJs trying to recover from the fact he just got tackled, drops a shoulder to gain space....offensive foul, his 6th? what garbage...Stiff caused any initial contact, either no call or ping Stiff for sticking his nose in...

And how much does Sedric Webber suck? NONE of his shots looked like dropping, yet Gorj kept going to him during the time outs....man he stunk it up

white_chocolate_55 said:
the league (by the sounds of it, and by all season long, and from the last tigers/kings clash) has turned against the kings... the league wants the title back in melbourne..

Well the Kings finally winning the Title wasn't the god-send for the league that most expected. Maybe if it goes back to Melbourne & Kings suffer mediocrity, the league will continue to develop!!
:cool:

i know thte tigers are 2 up........but but but......ill do the whole Rudy T thingy now lol........"dont ever under estimate the heart of a champion!" (it is possible for them to come back...im hoping for a game 5 showdown) but but...if it doessss happen...it wont be a miricle

Clarkey is right. The league codes always say the key to a good national competition is a sucessfull Sydney team but with the Swans and Kings its shown not to be true. Victoria is the lifeblood of the league. This is where the best junior programs are we feed the league. In all my years playing the only state team that came close to us was the Vic country team :-P

Comming back from 2-0 down with the way its set up with home away home etc is beyond a tough ask. Its only a matter of time. The season the Dragons enter will be a huge stepping stone for the league back to where it should be.

Its been a yo yo ride. Melbourne used to have up to 5 teams, 2 in Adelaide, 2 in Sdney etc.

well done to the tigers......would of been nice to see the kings get at leastttt 1 game, but hats off to the tigers, very good for victorian basketball with the new dragons coming into the comp next season, should be good :D

Back
Top Bottom