NBA Topshot

Shit pack this morning
Screenshot_20211016-062856_Chrome.jpg

Haha, really?

Miller is selling for $330.

CP3 selling for $70.

Tough crowd
Yeah I'm a sook! I think it was more the two JJs.someone also pointed out the smush is the only one to include Kobe.

Actually have already sold the miller and cp3 and above the prices you. Mentioned!

Seems to be a lot of activity in the marketplace currently

Just read through 16 pages to get to this point. Who is still in and how are you going?

I only got in September, was pretty late to the game (although still early overall as we're still in beta) and similarly kicking myself for not listening to a mate who was in my ear about it at least 6 months earlier.

Having said that I'm genuinely bullish on the platform. I've read a LOT of card collectors being overly negative about the prospects of TS (not on this site only) and it's all similar arguments.

Anyway, I've invested a decent amount and I'm up 25% altogether so far. Spent September quickly trying to build my collection to get ready for Run It Back but unfortunately only hit Darius Miles. Flipped it for the cost of the pack because I had a decent serial, so thankfully didn't lose money when taking into account my archive moments too.

Lined up for archive drop 2 last Friday and had my best result so far (only participated in 3 drops so far in total anyway). Hit a LeBron that I'll post below. Thought it was a bit undervalued, and a lot of people undercutting each other that same day to try and make a buck, but that Bron is now $211 USD when I last checked earlier today.

Also hit a Timmy D which I saw as low as $15 USD on the day people were undercutting but now up to roughly $40 USD.

Pretty stoked as I got 3 archive packs that day, total price of $57 USD and pretty sure the moments I got from the 3 packs are selling on marketplace now for over $300 USD.

If you're still in share your username below?

I was out, but now I’m back in. Got jealous of my work mate who hit a Run it back Chris Paul.

I’ve bought some cheap Pistons moments and had enough to participate in the Archive drop.
Hit a KG, Kenyon Martin & low numbered Nate Rob.

Sold all 3, bought the 3 Pistons moments and still have $70USD to spare.

Long term holding is probably more valuable but my aim is to try and make some cash to support my cardboard addiction.

Username is same as here (Hornso) but probably won’t be too interesting.

I was out, but now I’m back in. Got jealous of my work mate who hit a Run it back Chris Paul.

I’ve bought some cheap Pistons moments and had enough to participate in the Archive drop.
Hit a KG, Kenyon Martin & low numbered Nate Rob.

Sold all 3, bought the 3 Pistons moments and still have $70USD to spare.

Long term holding is probably more valuable but my aim is to try and make some cash to support my cardboard addiction.

Username is same as here (Hornso) but probably won’t be too interesting.
KG is a great hit... He's like the third or fourth highest valued player in that set...

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens long-term...

Initially I thought long-term hold would be the way to go as well, so I bought a few decent moments of Giannis, Luka, Steph and Zion. Now I've got a Bron from the archive and I'm thinking of adding a KD sometime as well.

Having said that my Giannis, Luka and Zion have all dropped in value a decent bit over the past month... So not too sure what that's about...

I've found a bit of success in buying up and coming players and selling them after the market reacts to them breaking out. For example I bought a Tyler Herro rare for $100 and then flipped it for $140 last week... Did the same with a Nickeil Alexander-Walker that I bought for $20 and flipped for $30.

Jordan Poole had a $25 USD moment that peaked at about $110 last week before now dropping again...

That and selling off any moments you own in showcase challenges that people are trying to complete. I had a few Top Shot Debut moments (12K) and rookie badges that were all required for two different showcase challenges over the past month. Once the demand spiked I was able to sell almost all of them for roughly double of what I bought them for... Once the challenge finished the moments dropped back down to their previous floor price...

Just jumped back in to enter the showcase competitions. Sold a few moments cheap to get it done. Pretty happy since I wanted the Sabrina moment anyway but theres a couple moments I'll have to buy back later but will use this as an opportunity to get lower serials for them.

I’m going to miss out. Was 75000 in the queue. Half have sold and I’m only down to 58000.

Seems like people are going to blow their money on 60,000 serials anyway so not a bad one to miss on.

Back
Top Bottom