WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Released on Tuesday this week, think of NBA Jam and NBA Street type 2v2 street-ball crazyness.

You start with I think it was 3 or maybe 5 "packs". Each pack contains 5 players. These are the players you collect and use in games.

I started out with Jamal Crawford and Kristaps Porzingis as my dynamic duo! After my first Tournament (offline), I collected a few more packs (each time you level your profile up with XP, you get rewarded another pack), but for completing (winning) the Tournament, you get rewarded a Gold pack, which contains a Legendary player. Legendary players have cool signature moves.

I'm still very much learning the correct moves and button combinations, but have completed all but 1 Tournament, and have a stack of players.

It's some solid fun, but can EASILY make you rage.

Scenario... you're playing against Magic Johnson and Dirk Nowitzki in the final game of the Tournament, you know they're going to hit everything they shoot (and they RARELY miss!!), but when they hit shots, they're hitting "Perfect" shots (which reward an extra point on the scoreboard - a 3pter becomes a 4pt shot!!).

But, you've got the lead, you're up 8 or 9, and they activate a new power-up (because doing cool stuff gets rewards, right!!) yeah they just happen to activate the "Star" (that's my word, don't know what it's actually called, but it's a gold star on the court)...

This star, just happens to be a x2 score, usually sitting inside the 3pt line. Sure, they score 4pts from it... Oh what's this, there's a NEW star, say what, it's x3 now?? Yeah there's 6 more points... but they ain't done.... a x4 star appears on the 3pt line... you know this is going right... 12pt shot, just like that! GAME. ha ha.

Oh, and some power ups like the lightning bolt, grant you 1 shot that DOES NOT MISS... But why waste it on a 3pter, do something really cool, like an alley-oop and get some special bonus that gets you 10 points!!

Again, I'm still learning the ropes with the right moves, and button combos. Heck, I'm still unable to dunk properly, OR even hit a damn layup at times (there's early & late releases!!!!)

Rambled on enough. Check it out. I bought it for $29.95 on PSN. The game is available on XB1, PS4 & Switch.

Gonna be checking this out for sure, looks great.
Thanks for the heads up.

NP!

I've been after another NBA Jam styled game since the did the 2010 and 2011 (On Fire) releases on X360/PS3. Been itching for more variety of players, and not just restricted to the same team, as well.

Master those controls, this'll be a great (read: fun) game!!

Made this:

nba_playgrounds_dock_icon_by_outlawninja-db8tlbr.png

Made this:

nba_playgrounds_dock_icon_by_outlawninja-db8tlbr.png

You what now?! That's freakin awesome!!!

So I finally beat Shaq and Iverson, that's a tough get!
Ended up running with Stockton and Lowry, odd mix, and gives you NO chance to defend shots (or win the opening tip!!), but it gives you best odds at fast trips down the court, and shooting the 3-ball.

I still can't master my dunks and layups, or alley-oops for that matter, but I'll get there.

Still have to beat out the Challenges, I did set up a custom game (first to 60 or something) which was a bit of fun, cheesed my way to a Trophy or two - despite the one for shooting from backcourt not popping.

You what now?! That's freakin awesome!!!

So I finally beat Shaq and Iverson, that's a tough get!
Ended up running with Stockton and Lowry, odd mix, and gives you NO chance to defend shots (or win the opening tip!!), but it gives you best odds at fast trips down the court, and shooting the 3-ball.

I still can't master my dunks and layups, or alley-oops for that matter, but I'll get there.

Still have to beat out the Challenges, I did set up a custom game (first to 60 or something) which was a bit of fun, cheesed my way to a Trophy or two - despite the one for shooting from backcourt not popping.

I am playing on PC and can't get my controller to work (damn rubbish Razer products, first and last I ever buy) and figured one thing out, is bloody hard to play with a keyboard.
Will have to wait until I get another controller :(:cry:

Back
Top Bottom